Alternate Ending: Good Bye

All a Lie

          The bell of the coffee shop rang above her head as she opened the door, entering the small quaint space. The aroma of coffee beans filled her nose and she sighed. She ran her hands through her hair and combed it out, little droplets of water trickling down on her jacket. She looked around and saw that there were hardly any people, which was a weird sight as coffee shops were usually filled up.

          She walked towards the counter, quickly deciding on what she wanted. She politely greeted the barista before she told him her order. As she was grabbing her money from her wallet, she heard a familiar voice behind her. “Iced macchiato.” Her heart started beating faster in her chest as she turned to look at the owner of the voice.

          Her eyes were then glued to the person, thoughts running throughout her head. The person then turned around, his eyes slightly widening.

          “Seungri?” she softly said, while her name slipped his lips. Events of that night then started replaying in her head.

 

“So,” he looked back at her. “What now?”

She took in a deep breath and slowly let it go. “I still have feelings for you,” she said, looking up at him.

Seungri looked back at her, knowing that there was something else. “But,” he said.

“But…” she said as she put her hand on the box in his hand and slowly closed it. “I also have strong feelings for Jiyong…”she looked up at him.

Seungri nodded slowly and pulled his hand away from her touch. He then sat back down on the couch. She took in another uneasy breath and sat down beside him. She rested her clenched hands on her lap.

“I-I can’t—“ she started, but there was something caught in . She tried to calm herself down and closed her eyes. “I had with him,” she blurted out.

Seungri looked at her surprised at first, but then realization dawned on him. “Is that where he’s been staying the past couple days?”

She avoided his gaze and nodded, biting her bottom lip. She clenched her fists tighter, her nails creating half moons in her palm, knuckles turning white. Seungri noticed and knew it was one of the habits she had when under pressure.

“Are you guys—”

“No!” she blurted out, finally facing him. “We’re not – I mean. We haven’t done it since – We’re not doing –“

He called her name, trying to get her out of her stuttering rant.

“I still love you, Seungri,” she blurted out.

He was taken back, not expecting to hear those words from her.

“I just can’t forgive you for doing what you did,” her lips quivered. She was holding back the tears that were burning in her eyes. “I love you so much that it hurts whenever I think about what you did to me. If I ever do decide to forgive you and we end up back together, all I’ll ever think about is what you did,” a tear slipped down her cheek. “I’ll always be thinking ‘who is he with when he’s not with me?’ or if you’re on your phone, is it her you’re talking to, or another girl?”

Seungri looked away from her, unable to see her cry.

“I want to be with you…I just don’t think we can anymore… I’m sorry, Seungri,” she said. She wiped away the tears and stood up.

Seungri stayed frozen, not able to accept what just happened.

She walked towards the door and stopped at the table near it. She dug inside her pocket and placed something on it before heading out the door.

 

          Seungri stared at her, equally surprised at seeing her so suddenly. Before she could say anything else, he paid the barista and left with his drink.

          “Seungri, wait!” she called after him and he paused.

-

          They both sat across each other in the small café, silence looming over them like a thick blanket. She didn’t even know why she asked him to stay; maybe it was the fact that it had been years since they’ve seen each other. They decided that they would stay friends after her decision to be with Jiyong, but it seemed like he was avoiding them both.

          Jiyong decided to move in with her after a couple months of them dating. They then found out that Seungri had moved out not long after Jiyong did and had no way of contacting him. He had changed his number and didn’t bother reaching either of them. It seemed like he had turned into a ghost, none of their mutual friends even knew where he went or what happened to him when they asked.

          She always felt like it was her fault for his disappearance. Finally after seeing him after many years, she wanted answers. But instead, they sat in silence. She mustered up the courage and looked at him. She noticed that his hair cut was shorter than his usual and it made his face fuller. The bags under his eyes didn’t seen as prominent as she remembered.

          “How have you been?” she asked.

          He looked up at her before looking back down at his drink. “Alright,” he said before taking a sip.

          “You look like you’ve been doing better than alright,” she said, not meaning for it to sound bitter.

          He looked back up at her and sighed as he leaned back on the chair. He scanned her with his eyes and crossed his arms. “You look great,” he said. She was about to smile, but stopped at what he said next. “Are you pregnant?”

          She scoffed and leaned back on her own chair. “What if I was?”

         He just continued to look her in the eye, arms still crossed. “Then I’d congratulate you.”

         She rolled her eyes and sat back up. “Well, hold your congrats until I actually am,” she said, looking down at the table.

         They were engulfed in another moment of silence. She missed their bantering. Seungri always had something clever to whatever she had to say and missed arguing with someone about pointless things.

         “Where have you been?” she asked, sincerely.

         He was in the middle of finishing his drink and looked at her with wide eyes. He swallowed his drink, mouth pursed. “Around,” was all he said.

          “Away from me?” she asked.

          He looked away from her, not answering.

          “We agreed to be friends, didn’t we?” she said.

          “Yeah.” His short, snarky replies were starting to irritate her.

          “Then why have you –“

          “Because while you could pretend that everything was fine with us being just friends, I wasn’t.” he snapped. “The only reason why I agreed to it was to make you happy; because clearly, being with me wasn’t able to bring you happiness. So I just let you go completely,” he said.

          She looked at him, hurt. He had done what she couldn’t. Let go. She swallowed on a lump in and tore her eyes away from him.

          “It was the only way for me to erase you from my life. Out of sight, out of mind,” he said.

          “You couldn’t at least give me an explanation?” she asked, still hurt by what he said.

          He took another sip of his drink, avoiding looking at her. “Didn’t think I owed you one.”

          At that, she felt her heart cringe. He was still obviously bitter about what happened and knew he wasn’t the type to hold a grudge.

          “You hurt me, remember?” she said, enraged. “Now, you have the guts to be angry at me?”

          He had his hands wrapped around his iced drink, the condensation wetting his hand. He sighed and leaned back, wiping his hands on his pants.

          “You’re right,” he said, before he stood up, the squealing of the chair caused her to close her eyes in surprise. “Good bye,” he said her name. “It was nice seeing you. Hopefully this’ll be the last,” he said before turning around.

          She just sat there, watching him get further and further away from her again. She closed her eyes tight, taking in a deep breath. At this, she felt that this was the closest she would get to closure with him she would ever get.

          “Good bye, Seungri,” she said.

 

-

A/N: I'M SORRY THIS ALTERNATE ENDING TOOK SO LONG! To be honest, I was kind of postponing writing this because I didn't really know how to end it. At first I wanted both endings for her to be with Seungri, but then I felt bad for Jiyong so I just chose this ending. But yeah! First finished short fanfic! Yay! I have other stories in mind to write, but I don't know if I'll be able to commit to them because they seem longer than this one. And when i write long stories, I sort of lose interest and not finish them. I don't want to post unfinished stories here and now I'm just rambling. OKAY! Hope you guys enjoyed the story ^^