Kai

Various EXO Oneshots ^^;

Everyday was the same: Get up, go to school, visit the abandoned park after school finishes and sit by the pond 'till it's time to go home, eat dinner, sleep. Of course, school was your least favourite part of that never-changing routine. Why? Because, when you were at school, you had to see Kai - the handsome, popular boy who's cold, arrogant and simply can't be bothered with life, to say the least.

Like most of the pathetic girls at your school, Kai had stolen your heart. Not because of his handsome looks, but simply because you found him interesting. Interesting in a way that it seems he just wants someone to, for once, be friends with him and understand him instead of trying to get in his pants.                  
Most days you find yourself aimlesly staring at Kai, trying to decipher the warm heart behind his cold aura; but it was simply impossible. You were positive that you have never ever seen him smile, not even a slight smirk, and the pair of you have shared classes together since the first day at primary school.

Today, while you were at the pond pointlessly chucking tiny pebbles at the waterlillies, you heard a faint rustling sound behind you. Cautiously turning, you encounter the one person you least expected to see - the cold, arrogant... Kai.
He drags his feet towards you with slumped shoulders.
"May I please sit here?" he mumbles.
"Y-yeah, of course," you reply, shuffling over on the grass to make room for Kai to sit down.
Rather than sitting, which was Kai's first intention, he lays down, takes a deep breath and stares into nothingness.
"Um, sorry for asking, but, what are you doing?" you ask, hoping you aren't disturbing him.
"I'm watching the clouds. It helps to take my mind of things," Kai, once again, mumbles.

As time passes, it begins to grow dark. You stand up, your right leg is dead causing you to stummble slightly, and gaze down at Kai who is still watching the now hardly visible clouds.
"You know what? The clouds are passing by slowly as the moon appears. Like the clouds, there are certain things in life that will disappear with the passing of time. And when it happens, you realize that it wasn't any big deal. I don't know if you've got a lot going on with you right now, Kai, but you never look happy. I want you to be happy. I want you to think about some of the things you worry about and realize that, they, too, are like the clouds." You give him a gentle smile and begin to walk away. But before you can get even a metre away from him, Kai grabs your hand.
"Katarina's your name, right? Katarina, thank you. Quite a lot these past few days I have seen you sitting in this spot by the pond, and I am thankful that I finally plucked up the courage to come over and talk to you. You are a genuine person, you know that? A kind, beautiful, genuine person."

Kai finally smiled.