VII

Still Alive // Evolution

  He was still unconsious as we bolted into the hospital room. Dong Wook and the Lab tech stood chatting, while members of the staff looked over clipboards of information. I followed behind as she went to  greet them. "Thank you so much for everything," she said, giving Dong Wook a friendly hug. "It's no problem Mrs. Kwon. You don't need to worry. He's in good hands." "And you,  You shouldn't of let my husband carry out something as risky as that!" "I'm sorry Ma'am," the man said," I didn't want to question Mr. Kwon's authority, so I let him go through with it. He seemed very eager." "Well, my husband is eager with everything that has to do wih this reasearch you've been conducting." Mrs. Kwon soon was engrossed in giving the Lab tech a strict lecture, all the while I had failed to realized Dong Wook's eye contact. Why does he look at me that way..isn't he supposed to hate me? I looked away as I felt my cheeks turning color. Then, a small voice at the other side of the room was heard.

"Noella.."

  In a flash,  Mrs. Kwon was at Jiyong's bedside, taking his hand as he slowly came to. "I'm here Ji.. I'll always be here. I can't stay mad at you forever. I love you." I smiled, making my way over to stand by Mrs. Kwon. "You haven't called me that In 10 years," he laughed. "I guess I slipped up," she said," how are you feeling?" "Very weak," he replied,closing his eyes as he exhaled deeply," but I think I'll be fine in a couple of hours." "Not so fast," An unfamiliar voice said. We turned to se a tall, scruffy man walking into the room  "Gherebo! it's you!" He chuckled, giving Noella a gentle pat on the shoulder. "It's been a while" "What are you doing working here?" "After the events that took place a decade ago, I decided working within the field of science was not the career for me. But how is this lad doing? I assume you've taken good care of him like always." "Yes, we're married now, and expecting." "Expecting?" He said puzzled," Oh! Expecting! Congragulations! I didn't notice when I walked in. Boy or a girl?" "Jiyong was hoping for a boy, but he's going to have to be satisfied with a girl." He whined playfully as his wife mentioned the topic of his child. "Be mature about this, yeobo. You're getting a girl and that's it." "Well I couldn't be any more happy for the two of you."  "How long am I staying?" Jiyong began. "Well, to be safe, we'll keep you here overnight , and if necessary you'll stay here a day or two more." He flashed his wife a worried look. "Don't worry, I'll stay." "Alright, and Dong Wook?" He perked up as his name was called. "Yes, Mr. Kwon. What can I do?" "It looks like I'll be out of work for a little bit, so just continue whatever you can with the research." "Yes sir. Would you like me to alert the President about the RM? "Yes, that as well." "Very well. Mr Kwon, Mrs. Kwon, Chaerin." I jumped as I heard my name, looking up at his expression as he made eye contact.

Pang

The strangest feeling sunk in

  His whole expression changed a second afterwards."Take care of yourselves," he said, leaving the room, acting as if he hadn't noticed me. What is going on here? Such an empty feeling had consumed me as he left us. He was acting so strange, which was driving me crazy at the reason why. It made me hate him more. Don't even try to come around me, Choi Dong Wook,  or I will surely kill you. "Chaerin?" I snapped out of it as I heard Mrs. Kwons voice. "I'm afraid you'll be on your own tonight, possibly a couple days epeding on how fast Jiyong recovers. I'm sorry, I hope you won't have a problem with that." "It's more than fine, Mrs. Kwon, I understand you need to be with him. After all it has been a while since you spoke to each other." They exchanged glances, a smile forming on Jiyong's lips as he made eye contact with his her. "It has." "It'll be no problem. You can take the car." " But how will you get home?" "We'll discuss it later." "Alright," I said cracking a small smile. " Feel better, Jiyong,"  "Thank you Chaerin. Take care." I had bowed politely to him before I left the room.  

  "Since when did she start calling me just Jiyong?" " She grew up a little from that time she spent without us. The time you greatly disapproved of." "Well it's good she learned something."

 

" I think it's time you start letting her go a little, Jiyong."

______________________________________________________________________________

"Chaerin! We thought you wouldn't be coming!" 

I found myself at the Plaza that night with Sona and the others. With Jiyong in the hospital, and Mrs Kwon staying with him, I had more time to spend enjoying myself. By that time, I had mastered dancing, and with Sona and the other girls, we were quite a scene. People would notice us, and we ended up dancing with a crowd of faces I had never met. "Having a good time?" Sona asked me. "The best!" "So, what's the scoop on Mr. Kwon and Dong Wook working together on this 'research' you mentioned? Could you fill me in a little? Or is it super top secret." " Honestly I don't know much about it, and I highly doubt neither of them would tell me if I asked. Who cares though? I mean I'm beginning to dislike Dong Wook more and more every day.." "Why? What's going on?" "I don't really know. He's been acting strange" I looked towards the bar, and my blood boiled at what I was seeing. It was him, with that blonde that he introduced before. They were having martinis, taking sips in between moments of laughter from their conversation. "Who?" "I don't know what you're talking about" sure, you bastard. I was so deep in thought I realized I had stared too long, and she noticed me in the crowd. Her smiled quickly faded into a look of disgust, and like a chain reaction, Dong Wook turned in my direction. Sure enough, he gave me that oh so familiar look as he stared at me. 

Pang

Again, that weird feeling sunk in. 

"Chaerin!" I jumped as I heard Sona's loud voice. "I've called your name like several times! What's going on?!" "Sorry, I was thinking.." "Well yea, you had you're eyes fixed on something for a little bit." She looked in the direction I had been staring, and saw Dong Wook. "Oh my gosh. You were staring at Dong Wook?" "No, I was just-" "I know whats going on ! You like him, don't you!

Me ..Like him? That's not possible, I-I don't even like being around him ..

  "No, are you kidding me! I can't stand him !" "Oh , don't play Chaerin. I know a lovestruck girl when I see one." I looked back at him. He seemed to be having such a good time with her. It killed me that he was trying to keep her identity a secret. "Come on, you're totally into him." "I don't know.."

"Well, when you figure that out, let me know." 

_______________________________________________________________

12:08 A.M was what the clock read as I stumbled into the empty apartment. It took me about a minute or two to realize that Jiyong and Mrs. Kwon weren't there. It kinda was lonesome, being on my own in the house. There was nothing to do now, and I was too tired to walk to my room, so I found myself collapsing on the couch, turning the TV on to lull me to sleep. What a coincidence it was, when I saw the news report on Jiyong's research, and I had assumed the President felt it was time to release it to the press. It was a tangled mess, and they hadn't spoken a word about it to anyone, but it seemed that the final adjustments were taking place. "We have a second project we've been planning, and we are in the process of gathering the things we need." Second project? I thought there was just the research Jiyong was doing..does he know about this? The Presiden't words made me uneasy, suspecting he was doing an experiment that he didn't want my master to know about. It slipped my mind quickly though, as my eyes became heavy and drifted into sleep. . 

  I had woken up to a dark night sky, surrounded by walls of ice, watching as tiny colorful lights fell down from the heavens. But I was not alone. "Pretty neat, don't you think?" I heard a familiar voice said. I turned to see the face of Dong Wook beside me, his big brown orbs staring into mine. "Where are we?" "I'm not so sure myself," he said, scooting closer to me," But I'm glad we got lost together." "..What is this? I thought you hated me.." "What are you talking about, Chaerin, I could never hate you." His hand managed to find mine, as as his fingers touched the skin, I felt as if electricity had shot through my veins. This sensation was one I had never experienced. I couldn't help but stare, and suddenly he leaned into my face.

I shot up from the couch, startled at the dream I had just had. It was 3am. What on earth is going on with me? Now he's invading my dreams?!  I held my pounding head as I tried to make sense of what I had dreamt. It was so foreign to me, I coldn't put a name to this pain in my chest. Oh, gosh..

 

Do I really have feelings for him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Subscribers, Subscribers, oh how I truly apologize. It's been too long. I felt like the chapter was getting a bit too lengthy for my taste so I cut it short, I might do some tweaking later. But I hope you enjoyed it at least? Until the ( bagillion weeks for the next ) update! 

 Cheriamb