Goodbye For Now

Goodbye For Now

 

“Seungri, raise your side a bit more.”

He does as I’ve instructed and I eye it to ensure it matches Jiyong’s side. The ‘Welcome Back, Hyung!’ sign now hangs perfectly above the living room entryway.

Daesung just called a little while ago from the train station saying they’d be here in about half an hour. In that time we decorated each of the letters and strung them together.

“Perfect,” I say.

Jiyong and Seungri step down from their chairs and come to stand by me.

“Neh, it is,” agrees Jiyong.

Seungri claps his hands. “Arasso, I have to go and check on the cookies.”

I see Jiyong looking at the Maknae’s retreating form. Smiling, I ask, “You’re happy, aren’t you, Ji?”

He looks at me with a contented smile. “Neh. I…I feel more complete with him.” He looks down and laughs. “I’ve been writing so much more lately.” He looks up at me with a pleading look on his face. “He’s become my inspiration, Bae.”

I laugh and throw my arms around his shoulders. “I’ve known you all my life and never seen you so at peace. I’m incredibly happy for you.”

Jiyong pulls his head back and grins at me. “Komawo.” He pulls me back into a hug and I let out a happy laugh.

The sound of a car pulling to a stop is suddenly heard. Jiyong and I pull apart and share a confused look. “That can’t be them,” I say as Jiyong goes to look out the window. He quickly jumps away and looks at me with wide eyes. “Omo! It is them!”

Seungri’s voice can be heard from the kitchen. “What did you just say? But my cookies aren’t even ready!”

Jiyong laughs and runs into the kitchen. A moment later he’s dragging a complaining Maknae into the living room.

The three of us stand under the welcome sign just as Seunghyun and Daesung walk through the door. Seunghyun and Daesung are smiling and holding hands when they walk into the living room.

The three of us very loudly shout, “Welcome back, Hyung!”

The pair laugh in surprise. “Omo! Best return home ever,” exclaims our happy Hyung. He pulls away from Daesung and walks over to me to give me a hug.

I smile into his shoulder. “It’s so good to have you back, Hyung.”

I feel him tighten his hold on me. “It’s good to be back.” He pulls away and smiles at me. He then steps over to Jiyong and Seungri and wraps an arm around each pair of shoulders. “And I hear a congratulations are in order for you two!”

Jiyong and Seungri wrap their arms around Seunghyun’s torso. “Komawo, Hyung,” the say in unison.

Daesung walks over to me. “Bae,” he says and hugs me tight. “It’s so good to see you again.” His eyes have disappeared from the happy smile he’s giving me.

“It has been much too long, Dae. Welcome back!”

Jiyong tugs on his arm and Dae turns to hug him and then Seungri. When he steps back, he gives them both a look. “You haven’t been making it miserable for Youngbae Hyung, have you?”

The two share a laugh and Seungri rolls his eyes. “It’s not like we’ve been loud.”

Jiyong’s eyes go wide and he slaps the back of Seungri’s head. “Yah!”

Seunghyun lets out a loud laugh as he falls back onto the couch. “Aigoo, aigoo, it’s so nice to be back.”

Daesung goes to sit next to him. I notice the way he leans into Seunghyun and rests his hand on his thigh.

I sit down on the couch across from them, Jiyong and Seungri joining suit.

“Yah! Yah! Yah!” shouts our leader. Dae and Seunghyun look over at him with wide eyes. Jiyong waves his hands back and forth between the two. “What’s with all these soft looks and touching?”

Daesung chuckles as Seunghyun puts his arm around Dae’s shoulders. “Aigoo, nothing gets past our leader.”

Seungri jumps up and throws himself at the couple. “No way! Aigoo, I’m so happy for you both!” Daesung and Seunghyun laugh as they hug Seungri.

When he returns to Jiyong’s side, they all turn their eyes to me. I begin laughing. “Why are you all looking at me? You know I’m happy for you two!”

Daesung and Seunghyun give me warm smiles. “Komawo,” says Dae.

Jiyong throws his arm around me and pulls me close. “Aigoo, but now my poor Sol is all by himself! But you know we all love you so much, neh?”

“Neh!” Seungri shouts just before he jumps on us. I let out an “oof” as the extra weight takes the air from my lungs. I hear laughter coming from the other couch before the pressure on me increases and I’m even more out of breath.

“Everyone loves Youngbae,” I hear Seunghyun shout from somewhere above me.

Even struggling to breathe, I smile. I love our family being whole once more.

 

_______

A/N: I can see the finish line, y'all! Hope you like this little scene ^_^