Guess who?

Rynia: book one

 

“Sir we need you to sign these papers please” My assistant asked handing me a stack of papers.  I took them from his hand and began to read them.

I barley went through half the paper until I decided not to read them. I just signed them and handed them back.

“Thank you Sir” he said while bowing. He left the office.

It’s been ten years since grandfather died and…Since Seung left back to his home, But ten years is like a second to us vampires.

And since five years ago I have taken over my grandfather’s company. I have grown and now matured into a full grown vampire like Seung.

I heard drops of rain coming from outside. I turned my chair around and looked outside. It reminded me of a lot.

I truly wanted to marry Seung. I know that couldn’t have been the real reason he left me, could it?

“Sir we have the car ready for out in the front” came back the assistant.

“Okay I will be down momentarily”

He shut the door and I continued to stare aimlessly outside. The drips of water ran down the window as if it were a race to see who could hit the bottom rim of the window first.

I put my hand on the window. It was cold out and the glass was smooth. I could feel the rain hit the window drop by drop.

I grabbed my briefcase and went down to the lobby of the building. There, were two men standing with a folded black umbrella.

As I got closer to the door the man unfolded the umbrella and held it under above me as I walked outside.

I felt a drip fall on my shoulder and I looked above to find a tiny hole in the umbrella.

“Sorry sir we can get a…”

“No, this is fine…just fine”

They opened the car door for me. And I went in. Although I just wanted to go home more than anything I couldn’t. I had a business dinner to attend.

The car drove on. It was warm inside. With available blood pills and water. Along with humans in my company I also have vampires working.

I was driving through Seoul and it is crowded. Humans walking among the streets and couples laughing to their loved ones.

I couldn’t help but feel more depressed, I missed him so much.

The bright lights attracted my attention outside the window. We stopped at a red light. I continually stared out at the humans on the street waiting for the cars to move.

“W-wait!” I yelled. No it couldn’t be.

“Why sir?”

“Never mind sorry”

It couldn’t have been! Not Seung that wasn’t him. I looked back as the car started off again.

“Sir should we skip today’s meeting?”

I but my hand on my head. “Yes I am not feeling too well so please just take me home.”

He turned the car around and drove out of Seoul.

//////

I opened my study room and placed my briefcase on my desk and took a seat. I had to think about what  I just saw.

It wasn’t Seung…it just wasn’t. I untied my tie and left my study to change in my bedroom. The door was opened.

I didn’t think anything of it and continued into my room. I went into my closet and started to take of my dress shirt and shoes.

I heard a strange noise coming from outside my closet.

“Who’s there?” I yelled a bit scared.

After awhile I continued to put on my leisure clothes. I slowly walked out still cautious about the noise.

As I was walking a pair of hands covered my eyes from behind and then the person said.

“Guess who?”