Chapter Six

Finding Home

“What will you do today?”

Baekhyun blinked his eyes. “Waiting for you until you get home, like usual, I think…”

“Baek, you know, you can go wherever you want when I’m not home. It must be so boring to stay here all day long, right?”

“Uh… not really. I like waiting for you.” As Baekhyun said so, he moved to hug Chanyeol who was preparing his stuff for work.

Chanyeol chuckled. He turned his body to hug the tiny boy back. “How about this…” he said, “I will go home earlier today, so we can go somewhere this afternoon.”

“Eh? Is that okay? How about your work?” Baekhyun looked up at the taller boy. He seemed a bit worried, but Chanyeol could see that the boy really wanted to go with him. They’d never hang out together, after all.

“I’ll ask my boss, I hope he will let me go earlier,” he replied with a smile curled on his lips as he Baekhyun’s soft hair gently. “I’ll call you if I can go home earlier, okay?”

Baekhyun nodded happily. “I’ll wait for it,” he said, tip-toeing to kiss Chanyeol’s cheek.

“Okay then, I have to go now,” Chanyeol said, landing his kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead. “Be a good boy until I’m back, okay?” he smiled teasingly, making the other boy pouted.

“How many times I should tell you, I’m not a kid anymore.”

Chanyeol laughed softly and soon left the apartment, leaving Baekhyun alone.

Baekhyun sighed after he was sure he was alone in this apartment. He went to the living room, sitting on the sofa and turning on the TV. He smiled as he found the channel that showed his favorite cartoon.

It was a month since Chanyeol took him and honestly, he was happy with his new life. Sometimes he felt like he was a wife who always waits for his husband to go home, since his work as a freelance editor wasn’t required him to work all day in the office. He could just take his entire work home and did it there while waiting for his lovely Uncle Giraffe.

Waiting for Chanyeol seemed to be his favorite thing to do now.

Baekhyun didn’t even know if he loved Chanyeol or not. He still believed that he still loved Kyungsoo. But he knew he needed Chanyeol to hold him whenever he fell down. He needed Chanyeol to calm him down whenever he had a nightmare.

I need him. I want to be with him. Is that love? Or it’s just because I feel safe with him?

Another sigh slipped Baekhyun’s lips.

Do I love him?

 

***

 

Chanyeol searched the number he was getting used to call for this month and pressed the call button when he found it. He felt a bit guilty that he couldn’t go home earlier because they had many visitors today.

“Yeah, Yeol?” The soft voice was heard after a while.

“Hey, Baek,” he said, “I’m sorry I can’t go home earlier, but I’m going home now. Prepare yourself, I’ll take you to have a dinner outside,”

“Eh? Now? Is that okay? Aren’t you tired?” Baekhyun’s voice sounded like he didn’t believe it.

“It’s okay, I want to hang out with you, though. Get dress, okay? I’ll be home in half an hour,”

“Okay!”

Chanyeol smiled widely when he pressed the red button on his phone to end the call. He was happy Baekhyun seemed excited to have a dinner with him tonight. Didn’t want to take a long time to go home, he quickly walked to the bus shelter, taking the bus to go home.

Chanyeol was home in half an hour later. He grinned when he stepped inside his apartment and found Baekhyun was already dressed. The boy looked cute with his white sweater with black snowflakes pattern and skinny jeans, and blue knit cap on his head.

“It looks like that you’re ready to go,” Chanyeol said.

“Yes. And I’m pretty hungry just now. Where will we go?” Baekhyun asked.

“You’ll know later.” Chanyeol answered, winking his big round eye. “But, wait for a minute. I’ll prepare the stuff we must bring.”

“What? Stuff? I think we will go to some restaurant or something like that…”

Chanyeol grinned but he didn’t answer. He then went to his room, taking something Baekhyun didn’t know what. The elder could do just tilt his head when Chanyeol went out with a big backpack on his back.

“Let’s go!” Chanyeol said cheerfully, not caring that Baekhyun looked at him confusedly.

“Are we going to a camp or something? I thought it will just be an ordinary dinner.”

“Well, we’ll have a dinner, but I don’t want it to be ordinary.” Chanyeol said, smiling wide. “So, let’s go! I’m starving!”

And there they were, walking down the street with Chanyeol leading the way. They stopped at some fast-food restaurant to buy foods for their dinner before taking a bus. Baekhyun felt more confused, he didn’t even have any idea where Chanyeol would take him to dinner, but he didn’t try to ask anything.

And finally they arrived at park with a lake on its center. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun’s hand, leading him to the lakeside.

“Are we going to have a dinner… here?” Baekhyun asked. His eyes looked at the moon and the sparkling stars on the lake’s surface. It was a full moon, and it was freaking beautiful. With such of view, he simply loved this place.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol grinned. He put his backpack on the ground, pulling out a mat and spreading it. “Come on, take a seat.” he said as he sat on the mat.

“It’s a bit cold, Yeol…” Baekhyun said as he sat beside Chanyeol.

“Don’t worry, I bring the blanket.” Chanyeol said as he pulled out the blanket from his backpack, covering it on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“We’re not going to sleep here, right?” Baekhyun asked as he tightened the blanket around him.

“What a silly question of yours, Baek,” Chanyeol chuckled. “Now, now, since we’re pretty hungry…” he said as he took the foods they bought, opening the box. “Let’s eat!”

Baekhyun smiled when he looked at Chanyeol who was starting to eat. He then took the other box, starting eating the food.

It didn’t take a long time for them to eat, especially for Chanyeol. He huffed after he ate all of his food, tapping his hand on his full stomach. “I’m fuuull~” he said cheerfully, leaning his back on the mat.

Baekhyun, who had been done with his meal, cleared up the food boxes before pulling his knees up to his chest, placing his chin between them.

“Tonight is a beautiful night, right?” Chanyeol said with his deep, low voice.

“It really is…” Baekhyun replied, mumbling. He looked up at the mesmerizing sky as he never got bored to see the moon and the stars on it.

“Baekhyun,”

“Mmm?”

“Come here, lay with me,”

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol pulled him gently to lie down next to him, placing his long arms around Baekhyun’s slender waist.

“Do you like this place?” The taller guy asked.

“I love it. And the amazing night sky makes me love it even more.” Baekhyun replied, snuggling up on Chanyeol. He buried his face on Chanyeol’s chest, breathing at the other guy’s scent.

“I’m glad if you love this place. It’s my favorite place. I used to come here with my parents. Well, it’s been a long time since the last I came here, but I still love this place as much as before,” Chanyeol said.

“It looks like you have many sweet memories with your parents, am I right?”

“Well, you can say so. They gave me so many memories I treasure the most.”

Baekhyun smiled. He could tell that Chanyeol had a really great relationship with his parents, he must loved his parents so much, which was made Baekhyun jealous a bit since his relationship with his parents wasn’t that good. And now his parents were passed away already, Baekhyun started regretting it. Looking how Chanyeol loved his parents, Baekhyun regretted why he didn’t love his parents like Chanyeol. But, yeah, it was too late now.

“Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun looked up to see Chanyeol. “Yeah?”

“Uh… no. You seemed space out for a moment. Something’s wrong?”

“No. I was just… thinking about something.”

“What was that?”

“Umm… nothing. It’s not important.”

Chanyeol moved, putting his weight on his elbow to see Baekhyun’s face clearly. “Are you sure?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

“Well, okay then… just tell me if something is bothering you.”

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. Chanyeol smiled back at him, trailing his fingers on Baekhyun’s cheek. His eyes were locked up at Baekhyun’s.

“W-Why are you looking at me like that?” Baekhyun asked nervously as he found that Chanyeol kept looking at him after a while.

“Nothing. I just love looking at you.”

“Why?”

“Maybe because you’re beautiful.”

Baekhyun knew he was blushing now. “Cheesy,” he said, turning his head to the other side, hoped Chanyeol didn’t see the red tints on his cheeks.

“Yes, but it’s true.” Chanyeol moved to bend on Baekhyun’s body. “You’re so beautiful, Baek,”

“Oh, please, don’t be so cheesy like that, Yeol!”

“I love the way you call me Yeol. I love that nickname.”

“Alright, Mr. Cheesy, you can stop teasing me now.”

“Why?”

Because you make my heart beat faster than ever I could barely breathe. “I-I don’t like it!”

“Really?”

“Y-Yes!”

“Your face is turning red, Baek. Are you embarrassed?”

“W-Why should I?! Come on, Chanyeol, stop being like that!”

Chanyeol chuckled. “You’re cute,” he said.

“I’m not!”

“Yes, you are.” Chanyeol pinched Baekhyun’s cheek gently.

Baekhyun pouted, rubbing his cheek. “You’re annoying, Chanyeol,”

“I know.”

Baekhyun sighed as he saw a grin on Chanyeol’s face.

And then came the silence. Baekhyun moved uncomfortably as he found Chanyeol kept looking at him, making his heart beat wildly. He didn’t even dare to look back at Chanyeol’s big eyes.

“Baek?” Chanyeol called his name after a while of silence.

“Y-Yeah…?”

Chanyeol kept silence for a little while before asking, “Can I kiss your lips?”

Do you want to kill me with making my heart explode, Yeol? If you do, congratulation, you did it great.

“W-Why?”

“I want to kiss you. Can I?”

What should I say?

“Well, I don’t want to force you. Just say no if you don’t want to.”

Of course I will say no…

“No, you can kiss me.”

this mouth.

Chanyeol grinned before leaning his body, capturing Baekhyun’s lips with his. It wasn’t like the passionate one like what they did last month, but it was the sweetest.

Baekhyun closed his eyes as Chanyeol deepened the kiss. Somehow, he felt bad. He felt what he did with Chanyeol wasn't a right thing. It seemed like no matter how much he loved the way Chanyeol treated him, he would always be in doubt. There was still Kyungsoo in his heart, he couldn’t help it.

Do I love him? Do I love him not?