Chapter Three

Finding Home

 

“I don’t love you anymore, Baekhyun.”

“K-Kyungsoo—”

“I’m in love with Jongin. I hate you.”

“Wha—”

“I’ll be moving to his place. Good bye, Baekhyun.”

“Wait, Kyungsoo! Don’t leave me!”

Baekhyun wanted to run to chase Kyungsoo, bringing the boy back to him, but somehow he couldn’t move his legs. All Baekhyun could do just cried, shouting Kyungsoo’s name over and over.

 

“Mmh, Kyungsoo… don’t go…”

A single tear fell down before Baekhyun finally opened his eyes. He frowned as he found himself lying on the bed in the place he didn’t know where. But the smell of medicine made him realize that he was in the hospital now.

Soon, Baekhyun felt there was comfortable warmth covered his hand, warmth he didn’t want to let it go. Weakly, Baekhyun turned his head and found there was somebody who was holding his hand gently. The stranger’s hand was big and warm, making Baekhyun feel so comfort.

But, no. Baekhyun couldn’t let this person to touch him. He didn’t want to feel another warmth but Kyungsoo’s. All he needed now was Kyungsoo. So slowly, he pulled his hand from the stranger’s, causing the other guy awake.

“Mmm…” The stranger one lifted his head, wiping his sleepy eyes.

Baekhyun found it that the stranger had a handsome face, with big, sparkling eyes that made him look like a puppy. His dark hair was little bit wavy, looking messy after he woke up.

“Hey, you’re awake!”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. The stranger voice was low and deep and it didn’t suit his face at all!

“Who are you?” Baekhyun asked with small, weak voice.

“I’m Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”

“I don’t know you…” Baekhyun murmured. He didn’t remember if he’d ever seen this guy before.

“Well, I know you,” Chanyeol replied with creepy grin curled on his lips. “You made me scared to death, you know? I found you lied on the ground with a long cut on your left arm, I was afraid that you were gonna die…”

“Why?”

“Huh?”

Baekhyun braved himself to look at Chanyeol’s dark orbs. He started to feel angry to the other guy. He ruined his plan, he made him stuck into this world he hated so much again. “Why did you save me?”

“Why? Because I didn’t want to see you die, Baekhyun… how could I let somebody die in front of my eyes without doing anything?” Chanyeol chuckled as he felt Baekhyun’s question was the silly one.

“Who are you?”

“As I said before, I’m Park Chan—”

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? HOW DARE YOU RUINED MY DEATH PLAN? I WANTED TO DIE, YOU HEAR ME?! I WANTED TO DIE!”

Chanyeol froze as Baekhyun suddenly burst to him. And when the boy started crying loudly, he couldn’t do anything but look at the tiny boy.

“Baekhyun…” Chanyeol called the other boy softly after a while. He touched Baekhyun’s shoulder hesitantly.

“Don’t touch me.” Baekhyun whispered between his sob. He pulled his knees up to his chest, hugging it while hiding his face between it.

“Hey, Baekhyun…” Chanyeol tried to pull the petite one into his embrace, but Baekhyun pushed him away.

“I SAID DON’T TOUCH ME!” Baekhyun yelled.

Chanyeol took a step back from the other boy. His chest felt so tight. He looked at the crying boy with sad expression. “I…” he started to speak, smiling at the boy. “I have to work now. I’ll be back at night, okay? Don’t do anything bad until I’m back…”

“You don’t need to be back here, just leave me alone.” Baekhyun said coldly, but Chanyeol kept smiling at him.

“See you soon, Baekhyun. Remember, don’t do anything bad!”

“You—”

Baekhyun wanted to yell at the tall guy, but Chanyeol left already. Frustrating, Baekhyun sighed heavily.

“What a stupid, stubborn man…”

 

***

 

“Balloon! Balloon! I want balloon!”

“Me too! Uncle Giraffe, give the red one!”

“I want yellow balloon!”

Chanyeol laughed happily, giving the children balloons that they wanted.

“Yay! Thank you, Uncle Giraffe! We love you!”

“Bye-bye, Uncle Giraffe!”

Chanyeol waved his hand excitedly when the kids walked away as they waved their little hands to him.

How I love seeing their smile.

The tall guy sighed lightly.

Just as if I can see Baekhyun smiles like them…

He looked at the sky, it was getting darker. His work time was up already. Slowly he walked towards the locker room, entering the room while pushing the giraffe head away from his own head. It felt so hot inside the costume, sweat rolling down his jaw.

“Ah, you’re here,” Luhan smiled as he entered the room. “We have many visitors today, it’s tiring me up…”

“Yeah.” Chanyeol replied as he changed the costume with his own clothes. “But I did enjoy it. I love looking at them, they looked really happy, especially the kids.”

Luhan smiled softly at the taller man. “You know, you’re so kind, Chanyeol. Your heart is really pure, that’s why I like you to be my best friend, so does Sehun.”

Chanyeol laughed. “I think everyone thinks that I’m such a creepy guy,” he said.

“Yes, sometimes.” Luhan laughed with his best friend. “But it doesn’t even matter because you have a really kind heart, and that is the most important thing.”

Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck, blushing slightly. “It’s too much, Luhan. I’m not that good.”

Luhan giggled, pinching his brother-liked friend’s cheek. “Oh, by the way, how is Baekhyun?” he asked suddenly.

A sad smile curled on Chanyeol’s lips. “He is okay. He was kind of angry at me because I saved him.” Chanyeol sighed heavily. “I don’t know why but he really wants to die…”

Luhan sat on the bench in the center of the room. “I asked my friend who knows him too…” he started speaking, “And he said Baekhyun had just broke up with his boyfriend a month ago,”

“So, all of this mess is about a broken heart?”

“You can say so,” Luhan nodded. “And all I know, Baekhyun and his boyfriend had a long relationship. It was like… five years already? Yeah, just like that. It must be hard for Baekhyun since everybody in my college knew that he really loved his ex-boyfriend.”

“Hmm, I see…”

“You’re going to visit him again, tonight?”

“Yeah. But I will be back to my apartment first, I need to take a bath, I think…”

“You sure need it, you’re stinky!”

Chanyeol laughed. “I’ll take my leaving now, okay?”

“Ah, you won’t go home with me and Sehun?”

“No. Thanks, but no. I don’t want to bother you two…”

“You never bother us, actually,”

Chanyeol smiled softly, patting Luhan’s head. “You need to spend more time with Sehun.” he said. “Well, I’m leaving now, okay? Take care, Luhan!”

“Yes, you too!”

Chanyeol walked away from the room, quickly moving to the bus shelter. He ran once he saw the bus was almost departing. Fortunately he still had a time to catch the bus.

Not too long after that, Chanyeol arrived at his apartment. He didn’t want to take much time, so he hurriedly took his bath.

Warm water dripped into his tall body, giving him comfort feel. Honestly he wanted to be in his bathroom for a little longer, but suddenly he remembered that he had to visit Baekhyun. The boy must be lonely to be alone in the hospital.

After washed his body, Chanyeol quickly took his clothes and rushed outside his apartment. He stopped at the fruit shop to buy some apples and oranges before going to the bus shelter, taking the bus and heading to the hospital.

 

***

 

“It’s you again.”

Chanyeol grinned when Baekhyun sighed looking at his arrival.

“How’s your day?”

“Bad.”

The taller took the fruits he brought before sitting on the edge of Baekhyun’s bed. “What’s wrong? Tell me.” he said.

“I don’t want to.”

Chanyeol smiled softly at the boy. “I’ve met the doctor before I went to your room. He said you can go home by tomorrow. Isn’t it a good thing?”

Baekhyun didn’t answer anything. He turned his body, back facing the tall man.

“I’ll take you home tomorrow morning, okay?”

Baekhyun inhaled deeply before saying, “I don’t have a home.”

Hearing this, Chanyeol’s eyebrows were raised. “So where do you live all this time?”

“You don’t have to know.”

I don’t want to go back to my apartment. Too many memories about Kyungsoo making me want to die. No. I don’t have any home since Kyungsoo left me.

“Okaaay…” Chanyeol touched his own chin, thinking. “How about staying in my place?”

“No.”

“I take that as a yes, then.”

Baekhyun turned his body to face Chanyeol, anger expression growing on his face. “I said no!” he half shouted. He really wanted to make this tall man angry at him so he would leave him alone.

But he didn’t find any of hints that showed anger on Chanyeol’s face. Instead, the tall man gave him a soft smile.

“I’ll stay with you tonight, and tomorrow morning we can go together to my apartment. Is that a good idea?” Chanyeol asked as he extended his hand, ruffling Baekhyun’s hair gently.

And Baekhyun couldn’t say no to Chanyeol this time.

“Whatever.” said the tiny boy in the end.

Chanyeol grinned. “So! You want apple?”

Baekhyun sighed.

 

***

 

Chanyeol was still awake even the night was late already. There was a book on his lap, he wanted to read it first before going to sleep.

He was enjoying the third chapter of the book when suddenly Baekhyun mumbled.

“No… Kyungsoo, no…”

Hearing at that, Chanyeol got up from the chair he sat on and sat on the edge of the bed. Baekhyun’s eyes were still closed, but Chanyeol could see tears ran down his cheeks.

“A nightmare, huh…?” Chanyeol muttered to himself. He brushed his thumb on the other boy’s cheek, wiping the tears before he leaned down and pulled Baekhyun’s head closer to his chest.

“Kyungsoo… no, please… don’t go…”

Chanyeol held Baekhyun closer as the tiny boy suddenly got a grip on his back. The boy still muttered Kyungsoo’s name Chanyeol expected as Baekhyun’s ex-boyfriend.

“Ssh, Baekhyun… it’s okay, I’m here…” Chanyeol whispered as he Baekhyun’s hair softly over and over again, trying to calm this boy down.

Finally, Baekhyun stopped muttering. He was back to sleep soundly.

Chanyeol sighed in relief looking at the sleeping Baekhyun. He moved away from that boy, placing his hand on Baekhyun’s before deciding to take his sleep.

 

***

 

“Watch out your step.”

“I’m not a kid, don’t treat me like a kid.”

“Watch out, watch out…”

“Stop it, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol let his creepy grin curled on his lips, somehow, in cute way. And it seemed no matter Baekhyun pulled his hand from Chanyeol’s, Chanyeol kept pulling it back to his hold. He led the other boy to come inside his apartment.

“It’s not big, but I think it’s enough for two persons.”

Baekhyun looked around at this new place. It wasn’t too big, right. But it felt so warm, making Baekhyun simply like this place. And looking at the furniture, Baekhyun was sure that wasn’t cheap. Chanyeol must be rich enough to buy the furniture. And he must have a reason to stay in this small apartment when he could stay in a better place. But Baekhyun didn’t care about it. This place was more than enough for him to stay.

Baekhyun walked to the sofa, sitting there while his eyes kept looking around the room.

Looking at Baekhyun, Chanyeol smiled. He closed the door and locked it before sitting beside Baekhyun. “You like my place?” he asked.

“Mmm,” Baekhyun just mumbled as his answer.

“Good.” Chanyeol said, Baekhyun’s hair. “Are you feeling better now? Or you still feel dizzy?”

Baekhyun shook his head lightly. “No, I’m fine.”

A soft smile appeared on Chanyeol’s firm lips. He was happy Baekhyun liked his place. He was happy Baekhyun looked better than before.

I’ll make you happy, Baekhyun. I’ll make you find your ‘home’.