Summer

Just like a FANTASY

Tiffany's POV:

The days in Korea go faster than U.S. and everything is WAY different. People in the streets are so respectful that's why the laws are very different. I guess, Korea could be more fun than U.S. since you do get more of your rights to do things.  In Korea here, the students only have a week left of school until summer comes. The students end school on the 12th of July and begin school on the 2nd of October. U.S. has about probably a week and a day left of school.

Grandpa decides to hire a tutor who can speak both English and Korean to teach me over the summer. I didn't want to agree, but then if I don't get taught, then how am I suppose to survive in Korea ? So I agree to it. I'm not that bad with my Korean, it's just that, I don't understand some words and can't speak it well enough.

All I do in the mansion was practically nothing. I have to use this card that lets me call all the way to California to reach to Jasmin. I don't know why I just can't call her normally when she lives across the Pacific Ocean from me. She tells me that she's doing well and recently she heard news about me and grandpa. Well, that explains all the paparazzi all over the front door. Grandpa tells me to never step out of the house even if I want to go out in the back yard because of the paparazzi. Now this just a lot. Grandpa told me that I should be glad we're not in New York. I guess I should be glad then. All the students are off to school and I'm home doing nothing. I wonder what Drake is doing... We were supposed to go on a date today... In the U.S. day.

Three days passed and I'm still at home doing nothing. I eat my breakfast and afterwards, I go watch the news. I would've used the computer, but everything was in Korean and I still can't really read Korean. Which very bad. If you were in my situation, you'll hate it so bad.

"Tiffany !" grandpa called. I quickly ran out of the living room to see grandpa at the door with a man probably in his 30's. "Tiffany this is Mr. Jung, he'll be your tutor from now on. Say your greetings to Mr. Jung," grandpa said in English.

"Hello, I'm Tiffany," I said and shook his hand.

"Yes, and I am Mr. Jung," he replied. "Shall we start now or should we do it on another day ?" he asked grandpa.

"Today has been a busy day for you, why don't..."

"Grandpa ! He can just start today, so we will know his schedule and the days when he comes. That way it'll be easier for me and easier for you too, grandpa," I interrupted. I really didn't want to stay in the house and do nothing so I rather study.

"I guess if that's what you want," grandpa replied and looked at Mr. Jung. Grandpa gave Mr. Jung a nod and led us to the dining room. "This will be where you guys could do your studies, that way, I can still keep track of you two and the maids can help you too," grandpa said.

"Yes, thank you sir," Mr. Jung said and bow down.

After that, grandpa left, leaving the two of us in the room. Mr. Jung sat his belongings on table and took out folders, notebooks, and etc.

"Would you mind sitting down ?" he asked as he hand gesture to the chair across from him. I quietly sat down and listened to what he said.

"First we will introduce ourselves and talk about our likes and dislikes, like an introduction. Then we will dicuss our schedules..."

"Um, sorry to interrupt you, but can I ask you a question ?" I asked.

"Yes, go ahead,"

"How did grandpa find you so quick ?"

"Good question. I am Korea's most famous tutor. Many people hire me to teach their child English or Korean. My reputation is very popular in Korea because I've done great accomplishments in the past. Once I teach a student, that student will be success in the feature. As for you, teaching you Korean might be hard, but you'll get it in a month from now. I only look forward to hard working students who puts in effort into every single thing they do. Unlike those who slack will get high punishments from me. I may not look rough, but my personality is different. I'll push you until the end and won't let you stop. Your grandpa has signed contracts that if you quit or slack my teachings, he has to pay double the purchase I get," he explained.

"And how much do you get ?" I asked.

"That is something you do not need to know. All you need to know is the effort you're putting to not fail your grandfather," he replied.

Although I really wanted to know, I still couldn't get the answer. But he is one cool guy I've met. Now his is practically my role model !

"Don't worry ! I won't fail you or grandpa !" I said bravely.

"Good, moving on. Let's introduce ourselves. As you can see, I've already gave enough information just a minute ago, so why don't you just introduce yourself," he said.

"Okay, I am Hwang Tiffany. My Korean name is Mi Young, but I prefer Tiffany. Just recently, my mom has just passed away recently and my dad passed away when I was five years old. I'm not a very smart girl, but I always put in effort in everything I do. Even if I don't surpass your expectation, please help me to surpass it," I introduced.

"I'm impressed, you're not that bad," he said and took out a calendar. "Okay, next are our days to meet. I'm also tutoring other students so I can only come on Wednesdays and Sundays. Is this good with you ?" he asked.

"Yeah it is. I'm always free anyways so anything is fine," I replied.

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to leave. I have another schedule coming up since today is Monday. I'll see by Wednesday, alright,"

"Yep, and thank you very much,"

"Annyeonghigyeseyo," he said as he grabbed his belongings.

"Annyeonhhigaseyo," I replied to him. I guess that's really all I know for formal Korean. The Hello's and Goodbye's.

As I followed him to the door, he gave a bow and left. Grandpa came down from his office and asked why Mr. Jung was such in a rush to leave. I told him because Mr. Jung had another meeting he had to go to. I guess grandpa really wanted me to learn Korean. After that, I went up to my room and chill around. I gave the bed a push before getting on it. I lie there thinking of what I can do. Ding, I came up with an idea. Grandpa probably won’t agree to it, but I’m going to try it anyways. I quickly ran to grandpa’s office. I knocked on the door and waited for grandpa’s permission.

“Come in,” I heard and entered the room. I saw grandpa at his desk with all the curtains close. Anyways, I walked up towards grandpa. I took a deep breath and gathered my thoughts.

“Tiffany, what do you need ?” grandpa asked.

“Grandpa.. Can I..I go.. Can I..Can I go outside in disguise ?” I asked as I stuttered. Grandpa stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

“Tiffany, do you know how dangerous it is out there ? All those paparazzi will start rumors, it could ruin my reputation,” grandpa yelled. What he just said actually hurt. But, I couldn’t blame him. He probably did go through humiliation that he couldn’t forget about. “But, grandpa ! I have the perfect plan that could get me out of here for some fresh air ! Please can you just trust me !” I begged grandpa. Grandpa probably already knew I was bored to death. He took some time to think.

“Tiffany, I’m only accepting this because you do need some fresh air and not because you’re my granddaughter,” grandpa gave an excuse. I shouted “Yes,” and jumped around grandpa’s office. “So, what is your plane ?” grandpa asked.

“Oh, yeah. Almost forgot..” I whispered the plan into grandpa’s ear and he gave a nod with a thumbs up.

Grandpa gave me a long black coat that covers my whole body and I see a maid, who looks kind of like me. This is so going to work.

“Okay, all you have to do is walk out that door while the bodyguards protect you,” I explained as I pointed at the front door. “And grandpa you’ll be helping me get pass those fence in the backyard,” I again, explained. “Okay, let’s go !” I shouted. The maid and the bodyguards went out the front door. You could hear the paparazzi getting louder than before. As that happened, grandpa and I quickly ran to the backyard and ran to the fence. I couldn’t climb it because it had electricity wires at the top so grandpa had to open the back door to the fence. He had a walkie-talkie with him so he can contact the gate guys. As the gate opened, grandpa told me to be careful.

“I also forgot to tell you something. I called Jonghyun to be your tour buddy,” grandpa told me as her pushed me out of the gate and closed it.

“What ?! Grandpa ! When I said I wanted some fresh air, I didn’t mean to tag along with the jerk !” I yelled at grandpa. Suddenly, I hear other people heading towards my way.

“Tiffany run !” grandpa shouted at me.

I started to run and accidently ran in front of a black shiny car. I looked at it for awhile and started to bow down to apologize. Then I see this guy, dressed in a black suite came out of the car. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the back seat.

“What are you doing ?! Let go of me !” I yelled informally. He just kept pulling me. I had no choice so I sat down on the ground. That way, he couldn't drag me. Suddenly, he let loose of my wrist and took hold of my waist. The next thing I knew, I was in the air. He carried me like a kidnapper would or maybe  a . I couldn’t see where we were going because I was face down to the back of his legs, but I knew we were going towards the car. I heard the door open and that’s when I started to get scared. I started goose bumps. “Please, please, let me be safe.” I prayed. He threw me inside the car which made me hit my head on somebody’s lap.

“So, where do you want to go, princess ?”