Kim Jonghyun

Just like a FANTASY

Tiffany's POV :

Ding-dong

The door bell rang. Grandpa took hold of my hand and dragged me downstairs. When we reached downstairs, the guests were already in.

"Hey, Son Joong ! How have you've been ?" grandpa asked in korean.

"I've be well, how about you ?" the man named Son Joong replied.

"I've been well too. Glad to hear you are doing well, Seoyoung are you doing well too?" grandpa asked the lady next to the man.

"I've been well too. Thank you for asking, and this must your granddaughter," the lady said looking at me.

I couldn't understand korean very well, but I still knew half of the words that were coming out from their mouths.

".....................................," grandpa said something to me and placed his arm around me.

Truth be told, I actually didn't get what he just said. He was talking formal and I'm not good for my formal korean. I'm better with my informal though.

"Huh ?" I leaned over to grandpa as a sign that I didn't understand what he just said.

"Introduce yourself," he whispered in my ear and looked at the two with a smile.

"Oh, hello," I said with a smile and surprisingly, in english. Both the couple looked at me confusingly. "Oh ! I'm sorry ! Um..." I accidently spoke informal to them.

"...................................................................... sorry," that's all I could translate from what grandpa said to them. "........................................... go," again, that's what I only understand which I know he was leading them to the living room because his hand gesture. For a moment there, I felt really dumb. As we enter the living room and took a seat, the maids brought in some deserts and fruits.

"On deh newsh, I heart yor mam jush rechantley pashed away. I'm so sorey fo yor losh," the lady said in english to me.

"I'm sorry, what ?" I replied to her in english. I guess she didn't understand what I just said and looked at grandpa for help.

"Tiffany, she said that she recently heard about your mom's accident," grandpa said.

"Oh, tell her that I'm fine because there's this special person beside me now," I told grandpa and smiled. He too, smiled back at me. There was something similar to his smile, but I couldn't think what it was. My smile dissappear as grandpa translated. That smile, why does it keep appearing in my head. It's the same smile like....

"Tippani ?" the lady asked.

I snapped out of thinking and looked at her.

"Gwaenchanayo ?" she asked.

"Oh, ne.." I replied. Then I see grandpa turn his head and looked at me. He looked worried for a second. "I'm alright, don't worry. Can I go and get some fresh air for a moment ?" I asked grandpa. He nodded and told the two I was leaving for a bit. As I went to the door behind the stair, I saw another door connected to the stair. That's weird, why didn't grandpa tell me there was another door behind the stair. I decided to check it out. I grabbed for the door knob and turned it open. As I opened the door, everything felt very slow. It seemed like I was in a drama and opening a secret door that leads the scene so intense. Sadily, a maid saw me.

"Mianhamnida,............................................................" the maid said.

"Oh, mianhamnida," I replied and closed the door. Gosh, I really need to learn formal korean. The people around me are going to use formal on me since I'm his granddaughter !

I went out to the back yard and it was beautiful. Everything felt so fake yet, real. I took a seat on the bed-like swing and DAMN was it comfy. It was so comfy, I was able to think better. I felt like I was on a case, like... Sherlock ! That's how I felt. Solving mysteries like Sherlock. Anyways, the thought came back. Grandpa's smile reminded me of someone... Who is it ? The cool breeze lightly blew and the swing rocked back and forth. As it kept rocking, I felt a little tired. I lie on the swing and started thinking. I guess that wasn't the best decision since I almost fell asleep. I quickly stood up and walked off the porch to the pool. I walked down the path and looked down at the pool. It sure was clean. As I saw my reflection, I gave a smile. BAM ! My brain started to work again. Grandpa's smile kind of looked like mine. Which should be someone close to me. I smiled again. Somehow, the picture was in my head, but the face was missing. Then I tried all sorts of smiles I could do. One smile came to look like my mom's. I looked up in the sky. Is she really watching me ? Or has she start a new cycle ? I felt a tear running down my cheeks. Why am I crying ? Somehow, I felt worried. I looked back down at the pool, seeing my reflection again. I then smiled. Pictures started to appear in my mind and finally, the missing face appeared. It was dad.

"DAD !" I shouted.

"Yo !" a voice shouted next to me. I startled which led to falling in the pool.

I fell deep into the pool which I had to swim extra hard to reach the surface. I'm not bad at swimming, but I'm not the best at it. Once I reached the surface, I see a guy probably my age reaching his hand out to help me. Explaining how he looked like was easy ! Just one word would be enough. HOT ! But, my anger destroyed the moment and I exploded.

"Ya !" I yelled at him, informally. "Why would you do that ! You could've killed me !" I scolded at him more.

"Tsh," he gave me an annoyed face and stood up.

"Ya ! How did you even get in here ?! I'm the owner of this house ! You better get the hell out or else..."

"Or else what ? What are you going to do, huh ?" he interrupted me.

"How dare you interrupt me when I'm talking ! You know what ! Now, I'm going to report you to the police !" I yelled at him.

"Have fun finding the police station then, princess," he said and walked away without helping me.

"Ya ! Get back here you... you jerk !" I shouted. All he did was waved as his back was facing towards me and walked towards the door.

I finally came out of the pool and ran to the door.

"Oh, my shoes," I almost forgot. Unluckily, they floated away to the middle of the pool. "Oh, forget it !" I ran for the door. As I pulled the handles, the door wouldn't open. "What ? Did he lock the door ?" I mumbled to myself. I tried to pull it again, but it wouldn't open. Yep ! He locked it. I ran for the front door. By the time I reached it, I was already out of breathe. I had a feeling, he planned this on purposely ! The guards looked at me weird. I gave them the face and opened the door. I know they were suppose to open it for me, but not after the stares. As I enter, I heard laughters in the living room. Then I heard his voice.

"She's fine, I guess. I've seen better ones though," I heard him say informally. He's that close to grandpa, that he even speaks informal.

I quickily ran to the living room. As I ran, the water left on me made the floor slippery. Accidently, I slipped forward and pushed the unclosed door. I also gave a loud scream which made everyone stood up from their seat. I felt so embarrassed laying on the floor. As I got up, my knee started to ache. I totally forgot about it. "Tiffany, are you alright ?" grandpa asked. I ignored him and looked at the bastard who was sitting where I sat earlier. I gave him a glare.

"You've seen better ones, tsh. I've seen better ones too ! And you know what ?! They don't sneak up on girls and scare them. They'll also help unlike you who didn't help me. You're such a jerk ! If I wasn't born as a girl I would've fist punch that annoying face of yours !" I yelled in front of everybody without realizing what I was saying to the guests' son until grandpa mouthed the words to me. I gave a regretful face and looked at them, who was surprised.

"Just stop it. You've embarassed yourself enough," he said in a cocky voice.

"Oh~ I'll show you embarrassed !" I yelled and grabbed a vase next to door that was full of water. I poured the water onto his head. He had his eyes closed when I stepped away from him. He spat out a flower pedal that went into his mouth and wiped his face.

"Tiffany !" grandpa yelled at me and the other two gasped.

"Ha ! Feel embarrassed now ?" I said, trying to copy his cocky voice. He gave me a stare and started to walk towards me.

"Jonghyun !" the lady called.

"KIM JONGHYUN ! You stop right there !" the man demanded.

As the jerk called Jonghyun walked towards me, I tried to move away from him. Walking backward was hard since I didn't know where I was going. Unluckily, I didn't exit the door, but hit the wall. He caught up to me and placed both his hands on the wall trapping me in between his arms.

"You're gonna regret what you just did to me, princess," he said. I gave him a brave look and at the same time a glare.

"STOP IT YOU TWO !" grandpa yelled loudly. My eyes switched to grandpa. He was dead serious when he yelled. As I looked back at Jonghyun, he had his eyes closed and bitten his lips. I pushed him away from me which caused him hitting the sofa. When I was about to walk out, grandpa told me to stop. "How old do you think you are ?!" grandpa asked. "Turn around and face me right now !" he demanded. I turned around and looked at him. "Apologize to Jonghyun now," grandpa demanded again.

"Ha !" Jonghyun laughed.

"You too, Jonghyun !" grandpa added.

"Sorry," we both said at the same time. "May I leave ?" I asked. Grandpa gave an approval and I left after I bow to apologize for the mess I created. I went upstairs to my room and sat on my swing bed. I thought about the fight and how stupid I was without thinking ahead of time. Now Mr. and Mrs. Kim will leave with a bad impression of me.

Knock, knock

"May I come in?" a maid asked from outside in fluent english.

"Yes," I replied.

"The master wants me to help dress you up with a dinner with the guests," the maid said.

"We're having dinner with them ?" I asked and pointed at the door.

"I'm sorry, but yes,"

I just stare at her. Well, I really don't have a choice. Even if I didn't want to, grandpa was going to force me anyways and I was kind of getting hungry. After the maid finished dressing me up, I went to look at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a white dress with a belt at the waist. The dress was only up to my knees and I wore white heels. My hair was curled and my face looked smooth from the foundation. The foundation definitely was better than the one I used. I had mascara on and my brows were fixed. To be honest, I looked like a pure, innocent girl. I've never seen myself this pure before. Maybe it's because I'm always wearing a lot of make up. I actually like my natural beauty for once.

"Well, do you like it ?" she asked.

"Yes ! I've never seen myself this pure ! You should become a make up artist," I suggested.

"Oh, thank you," she thanked and blushed. "Are you ready ?"

"Yeah,"

As I exited my room and walked towards the stairs, I felt nervous. What if they didn't want to stay, but had to since grandpa might've forced them to. As I was visible for them to see, grandpa came walking up the stairs. I saw him and he was smiling. He was mad for a moment then happy at the next. I guess he's one of those people who's feelings change quick. He reached out a hand for me. I took hold of it and let him lead me down. I looked at Mr. and Mrs. Kim and they were smiling. I guess they don't really judge people quick or maybe they were just acting. Then there was Jonghyun who wasn't looking. I decided to not let him ruin the dinner I was going to have with my grandpa. As we enter the dining room, I was seated to the right of grandpa. Mrs. Kim sat next to me while the jerk sat across from me and his dad sat across from Mrs. Kim. The maids started to serve the food onto the table and poured us water. After they finished, grandpa stood up from his seat and gave a short speech.

"This feast will congratulate me on finding my only granddaughter and her for finding me. I will soon celebrate this news and let people know who she is," grandpa said in both korean and english. To be honest, I almost cried. It's been a long time since anyone has ever spoken sweet words to me since mom died. "Now let's enjoy the meal and forget whatever happened," he said and led us to the meal.

"Let's see if little princess could eat properly," I heard Jonghyun whisper informally to himself which he purposely said it to offend me.

"In fact I can," I said cockily and started to cut the meat with the knife in my right hand and the other hand with a fork steadying the meat. He glare at me and started to eat like a boss.

"You two, can't you guys just stop the fighting. This isn't how strangers start out like," Mrs. Kim said informally so that I could understand. Grandpa didn't mind it since he knew she was trying make sure I could understand.

"This wouldn't happen if she had someone teach her respect," Jonghyun said. At that moment, I stopped my cutting. I knew he was talking about my parents. I didn't dare look at anyone but my food.

"Jonghyun !" both Mr. and Mrs. Kim hushed at Jonghyun.

"Tiffany..."grandpa tried to say something.

"Right now, I'm at a loss of appetite. May I be excused ?" I asked and stood up. I can feel all eyes on me and see grandpa standing up from his seat. I quickly walked out of the room and ran up to my bedroom. As I enter, I closed the door and locked it. I leaned on the door and slid down to the soft white carpet. "Why ?" I mumbled and got up. I took off the heels and ped my dress. As it slid down my body, I grabbed a tink-top and a sweat-pants from my lugage and wore them. After that, I grabbed a night-light and plugged it in. I turned the lights off and climbed onto my pink, fluffy bed. I tried to swing on it and let it help me forget everything that has happened today, but it wouldn't swing.

"Oh, forget it," I mumbled and loosened the curtains.

 

Is this one good now ? Anyways, it's almost Christmas ! Well, Merry, Early Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year ! Now, I might be busy because Christmas is arriving and thee family are doing something special so I might not get a chance to write the 5th chapter until the end of break... I might be wrong too ! So don't lose HOPE !