Chapter Two

Invisible Ties

Thank you for reading and subscribing/commenting! I'd love to hear more comments from you, they encourage me to update ^^ Any constructive criticism is welcome. Soon, the chapters will pick up pace and the girls will meet! Hopefully in this chapter you can see how ;)

 

 

----------------

"College Choir..." Tiffany muttered, looking around in wonder. She tucked her dark hair behind her ears and smiled, her eyes following suit. College was such an exciting adventure - in fact, college was something Stephanie Hwang had been looking forward to since she was a tiny girl with very large dreams. Those dreams just happened to still be hanging to her, which was why she found pen pressed to paper in her grasp.

"Nice to meet you..." the boy at the stall, who was evidently at least a year older than her, looked over her signature curiously. "Stephanie Hwang. You a good singer, Ms Hwang?"

A small smirk crept onto Tiffany's face. She loved small talk. Meeting people was something she did best, after all, and talking about her dream was right up there in the conversation starter list. "I'm a fair performer. I've been singing since I could speak, and my dreams have included a stage since I knew what to do with it."

Nodding, the boy grinned. He seemed pretty impressed with her confidence and enthusiasm. "You a diva, Ms Hwang?"

"Please," she held out her hand for him to shake. "Call me Tiffany. I'm not a diva, per say, but I..." she paused. "I'll do anything to pursue my dream, just as I'd expect from anyone else."

"Nice," at this point, the boy seemed to be checking her out. Tiffany raised an eyebrow slightly, suddenly a little more unsure about all of this than she had been a minute ago. "You're a very pretty girl, Tiffany. Any boy snatch you up yet? Either way, with a face like that, you're bound to go far."

Tiffany scoffed. "It takes more than make up to make someone a star. No, a boy has not 'snatched me up yet'. When I get a boyfriend, you trust me on this, I'll be the one to do the snatching." The glare she sent flying towards him could've sliced through a ton of steel. She slid her bag further up her shoulder and was just about to walk away when someone's hand landed on her shoulder.

"Is everything all right here?" another boy arrived, this one with a kind and concerned face. Tiffany's glare softened and she nodded. He gestured toward the stall keeper and raised an eyebrow. "Is this guy giving you any bother?"

"Just being a ert, that's all," she muttered, turning to glare over her shoulder once more. "I was just leaving."

The new arrival sent something like a warning glare, too, before walking with Tiffany. "Hey, let me walk with you." He smiled at her dorkily. "That guy's an idiot, don't let him discourage you from joining the Singing Club. Or Choir, whatever they're calling it now."

The two of them continued to walk and Tiffany found that she was glad to be walking beside the boy. Perhaps not everyone around here was a douchebag. She couldn't judge every guy based off her experiences, after all.

----------------

"You interested in joining us or what?" the angry stall owner turned towards a girl who'd been stood to the side of the stall for a while now. She turned her icy gaze toward him and looked him over. "Well?"

"You're a ing idiot, you know that?" she said just about loud enough for him to hear. She was stood by the stall now, staring right into his eyes. He had to resist the urge to shiver, feeling pretty creeped out by her cold vibe.

"You're ing creepy, did you know that?" he retorted, stepping back a little.

"Girls aren't toys for you to play with, you know," she reached out towards him and grabbed the collar of his shirt. "You got a name?"

"H-Harry," he managed, looking down at the shorter girl with wonder. "Let go of-"

"Next time you're that insensitive to a girl, you'll wake up in the morning missing a part of your body I'll bet you treasure most," she smiled a little, tugging at his collar before pushing him back. He fell into the back of the stall, rubbing his flushed neck.

"You're insane!" he muttered through gritted teeth.

The girl merely picked up a pen from the side, scrawled her name onto the sign-up list and tossed it to the side. With a last goodbye nod, she her heels and left.

When she was well out of sight, Harry cautiously stepped over to the paper and looked down at his current list of names. Right at the bottom, in quick but elegant writing, was the name he felt he was going to dread the most: Jessica Jung.

----------------

"Why the hell did you pack so much luggage, Hyoyeon?"

Two girls stood inside one bedroom of the dorm in which Hyoyeon Kim was now going to live. In some odd twist of fate, it had turned out that an old childhood friend had appeared in that very same dorm taking the very same course. Both of them hadn't seen each other since they were very small girls, running around outside in the garden playing with mud and sticks. Well, they hadn't been the girliest of children - nor the most well behaved. Yet now, both of them had grown into young ladies. Perhaps not lady-like, but still matured and looking beautiful. Mature at least for the most part.

"There are a lot of things that I need. You can't just move into a new place without all of the things you may at some point need, Marissa."

Marissa beamed at her friend. She had been so happy all morning, just for seeing her old friend. "Wow, you've changed. Become a bit of a shopaholic, have we?"

"Not sure about you, but I definitely have," Hyoyeon replied, beginning to hang another round of clothes into her already stuffed wardrobe. "You can always borrow my things, anyway."

"Really?" there was a glint in Marissa's eyes. A greedy glint, at that. She held her hands together and spun awkwardly. "I-I mean, that would be lovely, but..."

"It's fine," Hyoyeon stifled a laugh and shoved a small pile of clothes into her arms. "Here, start with this. These would suit you. I barely wear them, anyway."

There was something strange about that girl, Hyoyeon thought. But they'd been best friends once. In fact, she knew exactly how they could catch up. This was college, right? "Hey, maybe we could catch up later. Like, properly. People will have Dorm Parties 'round here, right? We should go to one!"

"You trying to get us kicked out on the first night, Fiona?" Marissa felt a smile tug at the corner of her lips. This was the Hyoyeon she knew. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon was grinning about the fact Marissa had called her 'Fiona'. That had been her nickname, one she hadn't heard in a long time. Marissa winked. "All right. Sounds like fun."

Before Marissa could leave and take her new borrowed items to her room, Hyoyeon had a thought. "Oh! One warning: I'm a violent drunk. Just thought you should know."

----------------

"Hello?" Yuri had been out of the dorm most of the day, spending her time in the library or buying food. It had already grown dark when she arrived back, only to hear a lot of loud, rowdy noise coming from inside. She peeped through the hole, frowning. A huddle of people were stood in the kitchen, it seemed, drinking something that she would bet all of her savings was alcohol. "Hey, I need to get in!" She knocked as hard as she could, cursing her clumsiness that had led to her leaving her set of dorm keys on her bed.

"Oh! Hey, you here for the party?" one of her dorm mates answered the door with a beer in her hand. Yuri just hoped she'd made the effort to check through the peep hole before answering the door, or else they were all going to get busted. Yuri included, probably.

"I'm your roommate, Lauren," she muttered, peering behind the tall girl to see the mess of people. "What's going on?"

"Oh, it's just a little Start-Of-Year Party!" she wobbled, a massive toothy grin across her face. "Come join us, Yu-Yul-Yurika?"

"Yuri," she replied with gritted teeth. She whispered what followed to herself. "Keep calm, Yul. Not a big deal, just some fun. Be calm!"

"Are you talking to yourself?" Lauren laughed. Yuri scowled.

Without further hesitation, she pushed through the door and stormed to her room. As would be usual at home, she pulled out a pen from her draw and began scribbling her anger onto her palm.

So disrespectful! Didn't even tell me! Forgot me! I exist, too! Breaking all the rules on the first night. How am I going to get to my first class? How am I going  to sleep? Parties are great! Wait, that's not angry. Parties are great, but I wasn't even invited! I wasn't even informed! I love parties.

"Hey, I'm-" another girl had arrived at the door, she could hear. Noise filled the air once again and Yuri couldn't catch the newcomer's name.

"Woah! Soo, look at this! This girl is so short compared to you!" Lauren was calling out. "Soo look- Soo? Hey, Soo, where'd ya go?"

----------------

Taeyeon groaned and hit her head lightly against the wall behind her bed. There was so much noise coming from outside - clearly, someone had decided to hold a party and Taeyeon was not invited. To be honest, she wouldn't want to go. Parties were fun and all... but she preferred tranquility at times. Now was one of those times. Unfortunately, tranquility was not what she got.

Sitting up and drawing her knees towards her chest, Taeyeon rubbed at her head. She cautiously pulled back her jacket's sleeve, surveying the door and listening out for any noise beside it before she fully revealed her arm. Small lines ran up from her wrist and into the cave of her sleeve, carved against her skin so precisely and carefully. She them.

Her eyes ran the length of the room and then out of the window beside her, where she looked out into the dark distance. Something she saw made her snap back to reality, tugging her sleeve as far over her wrist as it could go.

It was that girl again. Her. Had she seen? She looked worried. She was pouting a little, actually.

In her hands she held a sign that Taeyeon had previously ignored. Leaning closer to the window, she could just about make out the words. That made Window Girl giggle. The sign read Be Careful! complete with Window Girl pointing to her head and then shaking it, as if to say 'no'.

Instinctively, Taeyeon's hand reached towards the back of her head. Oh, right, that. She couldn't stop the laughter that escaped as she clasped a hand against , careful not to attract the attention of her roommates. Window Girl grinned, glad to see Taeyeon happy. She ducked down and was gone, it seemed. That made Taeyeon frown. Somehow, she had enjoyed the silent communication.

The girl's head bobbed back up, looking significantly less cheery as she held up her next sign. With it, she wore a genuinely worried face. 

What happened to your arm?

As though she'd forgotten, Taeyeon's glance shot straight back to her wrist. Oops. There was so much she wanted to say, to make up another one of her lies for the girl. Instead, she shrugged nonchalently. Window Girl was clearly not so convinced. She had raised her eyebrows.

That's quite enough, I think. Taeyeon slid off her bed and, with one last regretful look at Window Girl, turned out the light and shut the curtains. She opened the window slightly by slipping her hand underneath the curtains, allowing a light breeze over her bed. Taeyeon had always liked the cold. She liked winter and its snow, rain and the way it clung to her skin. The cold brought numbness.

----------------

"Are you all right, Yoona?"

Another knock at the bathroom door. Yoona still didn't turn her eyes from the mirror for even a moment. Her roommates had grown anxious from the moment they heard the shower stop, knowing something must be wrong.

Stood in front of the bathroom mirror, Yoona stood with her stomach and thighs bare. She rubbed against the skin on her stomach, occasionally pinching it and tilting her head in observation. Then, at times, she would raise her fingertips to her face and run her fingertips against her features. Was she vain? She never felt good enough, no matter how pretty people said she was.

Yeah, she was beautiful. Yoona knew she was beautiful. How could she not know? But she wasn't beautiful enough. Her nose was too strange and her smile was too dorky. To top it off, she was vain. She spent such long time in front of the mirror, watching herself. She wanted to feel loved. Was that bad? Had she done something bad? All she wanted was to feel loved.

She the scars against her thighs and smiled.

----------------

 

 

They get so close to meeting, right? ;) And have some Violent!Sica ahaha
This chapter got pretty sad, didn't it? :( Maybe it'll revel their pasts~