Introducing the Nine Girls

Invisible Ties

Kim Taeyeon was a quiet girl, to say the least. People often mistook her for arrogant and ignorant, as someone who did not like the presence of other people. While she did, personally, prefer to be alone most times, Kim Taeyeon did not hate people. Actually, once they could prove themselves to her that they were not insufferable idiots, she quite liked to be around them. Unfortunately, as she walked up the college’s winding pathway, backpack bouncing against her, Taeyeon came to the conclusion that it was difficult to find people in a college who were not absolute idiots.

Jessica Jung, however, honestly did not like people. Most times they were too annoying or complete know-it-alls. If she could have the world her way, she’d be a princess. Sleep for at least half of the day, and eat for the rest. Her only thought whilst striding across the college lawn was that if the only people she managed to make friends with were bothersome dorks, she was leaving. No, it wasn’t that the silent blonde was a . Actually, once you were her friend, she was very protective. It was when you weren’t her friend that she would judge your every move.

Contrary to both Jessica and Taeyeon, Sunny quite liked people. She was always seen smiling, even now as she skipped down the pathway. At first, perhaps, she was a little shy, but after that she was one of the most seemingly cheerful people you could meet. She could make friends with just about anyone, but tended to steer clear of the less nice people. Sunny’s bag swung by her side and she hummed a tune to herself as she went.

Like Sunny, Tiffany was always smiling. She always had friends and admirers, amazed by her shining beauty and kind personality. This year, she was going to become a performer. All she’d ever wanted to do was perform, and it was now the reason that her dad did not speak to her. She rolled her eyes at the thought and continued through the college gates. Once college began, everything else wasn’t going to matter. She was leaving a performer, or not leaving at all.

Kim Hyoyeon danced her way into the college grounds, as was to be expected by such an energetic girl with dreams of dance. She was the kind of girl who made friends easily, and she was never afraid to goof around and have fun. Sure, a lot of people judged Hyoyeon. But she was loyal and carefree, why bother with what they thought? College was a whole new world, a brand new exciting world for her to explore. She grinned.

Sometimes, Yuri hated getting older. Once again, things were changing. She was going to start college today, share a dorm with who knows how many unfamiliar people. They wouldn’t understand her – her humour, her pranks, the weird things she did and her habits. Everyone was going to hate her. Kwon Yuri sighed and rubbed at her forehead, urging herself to calm down. Today was the day she could leave her past behind.

Tall and skinny, Choi Sooyoung strutted up to the college doors. She was ready to be professional now, to mature and start her life. There’d be new friends, ones that… well, friends that wouldn’t leave her anymore. She was going to become important, and if anyone got in the way of that then there’d be some hell to pay. Sooyoung leaned against the college building’s wall and thought of food. If they had nice food here, she’d be okay.

Im Yoona had been brought up to be a respectful, generous girl. She had been taught to treat people nicely and not judge them. So she wouldn’t. Starting with her first day of college, timid Yoona was going to become a confident girl with a heart of gold. They’d like her, right? Why wouldn’t they like her? She was going to be in all the performances, make friends, get invited to parties. She practically jumped, giddy with all of the excitement.

Lastly, there was Seohyun. Ironically, she was also the first to arrive at the college that morning. She’d arrived early, bag packed full of books and suitcases set beside her as she sat at the college steps and waited for the students to pour in. She just sat and read, pondering how she could be the best Seo Joohyun she could be. Not many people had been friends with her in high school, despite her outstanding academic abilities. There must have been something she was doing wrong.

All nine of them stood in entirely different places that morning, different thoughts racing through their mind. One thought stood among them all: What was next?