burnt

Blood Bond: Eclipse

As soon as he flipped over the newborn and twisted its head off, Luhan suddenly froze.

Pictures of people with black cloaks and red eyes walking through the forest, towards the direction of the field began to cloud his mind.

The Volturi.

He knew that the fight had to end quickly.

In the midst of the chaos and flinging of dismembered newborn body parts around, Dara had a trechorous idea implanted in her mind.

Could it help the guys? She fiercely thought as she punched her fist forward, sending a boulder crashing against a newborn.

Dara snapped her head around, scanning to see if the area was clear for her plan.

All the vampires were in a tangled mess of fire, fists, and heads being thrown everywhere.

No. I can't risk it...the guys are too precious to ________. she debated as two newborns were coming at her.

Dara lept off the ground and landed, slamming her palm against the earth. Spikes of rock shot up from the ground one after the other, stabbing the newborns in the stomach in half.

She got up and hastily looked around before finding CL of whom was sending surges of air on a newborn.

Dara rushed over to CL while shouting, "CL! Up! Now!"

CL shifted her attention to Dara to see her running towards her while pointing up.

The airbender looked up before nodding to Dara. "EXO, GET OUT OF THE WAY!" CL bellowed, exhausting the air from her lungs to get the message loud enough for the boys to hear.

As soon as the male mortal vampires heard her urge pound at their ears, they halted their fighting, startled.

Bom and Minzy did the same, but they knew what was going to happen.

They gazed at Dara and CL running to the centre of the field, where CL wrapped her arms around Dara's waist.

The two females bent down before CL leapt upwards, taking Dara with her, leaping onto the branches of the surrounding trees.

"EXO, GET OUT! GET OUT!" Minzy shrieked before dashing off into the forest with Bom.

Compliantly, the boys, including Lay, had no choice but to flee with Minzy and Bom, leaving the newborns to their doomed fate.

From behind some trees, Suho and Chanyeol grabbed the little newborn girl, and ran off with the rest of EXO.

"Wh-where are we going-?" she stuttered, but was cut off by Suho.

"Don't say a word until this fight has finished." he said firmly.

The girl only stayed silent, not wanting to cause any trouble for Suho.

Once they were high enough, using her airbending, CL soared into the air with Dara.

The two vampires were high, so high, above the field. The surviving newborns looked like tiny dots from where they were.

As the two women were descending, head first, the newborns peered upwards to replenish their absolute confusion.

"I call this, the SKYPALM!" Dara growled before she shot her hand forward.

The earth below gave way, collapsed inwards into the shape of a palm, causing the newborns to screech while losing balance and fall into the pit.

To completely finish them, in a matter of a second, Dara gathered her hands together close to her chest, allowing the rock and dirt to emerge from the ground in one gianormous heap, gathering the newborns in the enormous monolith.

Dara landed with a colossal, deafening, earth-shattering impact, as the gathered earth was surged throughout the field, sending it like a ripple into the forest along with the remaining newborns.

Her hands were placed flat on the ground as she was crouched, while CL was standing next to her.

Meanwhile, EXO, Minzy, and Bom were staying put in the branches of the trees within the forest near the field.

Suddenly, from below, a wave of earth crashed through along with the newborns that haven't been killed yet.

Until their bodies shattered against the thick trunks of the trees that were surrounding the mortal vampires.

"GUYS! QUICK! GATHER THE BODY PARTS AND BRING THEM BACK TO THE FIELD!" Dara screamed as she ran towards the group.

The rest of the group obeyed without question. They swiftly jumped down from the branches and began to look around for any dismembered body parts.

The newborn girl glanced around at the destruction of the environment and her coven.

She only shrugged off the thought and began to help the rest gather the body parts of the dead newborns. As if the coven meant anything to her anyway.

"Ugh, this is so gross..." Minzy grumbled as she picked up an arm that felt like granite.

"Stop whining and keep looking." Bom snapped, making the younger roll her eyes.

---------

As I was lying down on Kris' lap while he was knelt down, all I could feel was his arms embracing me in a tight hug.

He held me close to his chest, where I could inhale his musky scent that brought me comfort, whatever the situation was.

I began to slide my arms around his torso and nuzzled against his shoulder. "Are you okay?" I said softly, my voice coarse.

"I'm fine, I'm fine...thanks to you." he replied with his face buried in my hair.

"What did I do? Did you kill him?"

"No, you were the one who killed him. I didn't end up doing it because I was catching my breath."

I felt my body stiffen.

I killed Ray?

That was impossible. There was no way I could have done so.

How could bloodbending rip off a vampire's head?

Honestly, I couldn't remember anything after sprawling on the ground in pain. Maybe a few snaps of Ray being frozen, but that was it.

"What?" I whispered, confused, "How?"

"I'll explain later, okay? Just let me enjoy this time for a bit."

I scoffed. "Fine, then..."

Kris pulled away from the embrace to face me before leaning in and planting his lips atop of mine.

A slight hum escaped my throat as he supported my upper body and pulled me closer to him.

I began to run my fingers through his soft blonde hair, moving my lips against his, returning the passionate kiss.

His kiss was desperate, longing...as if it was going to be our last one shared.

But, from my opinion, I just think he's really happy that the both of us are alive.

Soon after, Kris began to trail his kisses all over my face and down to my neck.

Just as he was wandering around it, I suddenly felt a jolt of electricity run through my veins, making me gasp and slightly tighten my grip on his hair.

"K-Kris..." I breathed; my head was spinning, "I th-think we should burn the b-body now..."

The statement made him halt his kissing. "Damn it." he mumbled on my neck.

I chuckled and patted his head. "I'm not sorry."

"Well, you should be." he retorted as he helped me get up on my feet. "Oh yeah, sorry for pushing you a little too hard. I didn't mean for you to fly into the tent."

I waved it off. "Nah, it's alright. Now go and burn the body. It's creeping me out to see a headless vampire's corpse."

Kris rolled his eyes before grabbing Ray's head, and threw it on the body.

I almost threw up at the sight, but no blood had been spilt, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

"You look so funny right now, you know that?" Kris smugly commented.

I snapped my gaze up at him. "Funny that I'm about to vomit?"

"Um, no. Funny at your expression when you're looking at that," he pointed to Ray's body.

I shuddered. "Just shut up and burn it already."

"You're the boss." Kris said sarcastically as he pulled out the metal lighter from his jeans' pocket.

He lit the lighter and threw it on the body, burning it instantly.

The heat that radiated from the fire began to warm me up already.

"Oh yeah, why do you guys have to burn the bodies after ripping the head off, anyway? Isn't beheading enough?" I asked him.

Kris shook his head slid his arm around my shoulders. "If the head is close enough to the body, the venom will heal it, and the vampire will come back to life. That's why we have to burn them, to turn them into ash."

"Oh..." I said shortly. Again, I shuddered, but this time, at the thought of Ray or Victoria's mates coming back to life to get us.

I didn't want to picture it.

Speaking of Victoria...

"Where did she go? Victoria, I mean," I spoke up.

"She escaped,"

My stomach fell.

Crap.

What was she going to do this time?

I knew that she was not going to stop her plot for revenge until either me or EXO were killed.

I gulped.

"We'll have to deal with her later, though, don't worry. When the clues are out that she's doing something, we'll be on it." he assured.

I bit my lip in uncertainty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWW YEAH, EXAMS ARE OVER!!

I hope you guys liked this update keke a little bit of Kris fluff at the end of this chapter for a little treat XD

I'll update again tomorrow and Sunday to make up for the three weeks I haven't updated OTL

Thank you so much for your patience and support, guys! I appreciate every little bit of it ^_^

please comment and subscribe!!