storm

Blood Bond: Eclipse

They emerged from the water, determination and strength at the ready.

He was at the front of the group, leading the way to the location that the fight was assigned to be in.

Nothing could look more menacing.

Marble-white skin, bright-red eyes, icy cold stares...the Cold Ones couldn't be any more threatening.

As they made their way to the shore of the lake, he was the first to begin stepping out of the water, the twenty or so newborns dripping wet behind him.

He had the face that was the epitome of determination. He was ready to avenge the ones who destroyed Victoria's 'friends'.

The newborns knew what they had to do, but there was one thing they didn't know - why they were doing it.

All those months of manipulation, brainwashing, deaths of fellow newborns, and lies came down to the very day.

Their thirst to fight, to kill, was overwhelming.

With the exception of one newborn.

She never wanted to fight. She never wanted to kill. She never wanted to join the damn coven for that matter.

She only stayed because she didn't know how to fend for herself.

All she wanted was a normal life a normal 16-year-old would live.

She still remembered the pain that she endured when the venom spread throughout her body while she was hiding somewhere on the porch a few months ago.

She remembered how he treated her when they first met.

He kneeled on one knee, and slightly cocked his head to one side, observing her pain.

He didn't know that it would be this easy to create another newborn.

She cowered further back onto the pole as he stared at her.

She averted her gaze around the porch at the mayhem that the other vampires were causing.

Her eyes were wide with fear.

"What did you do to me?" she asked him, full of worry and continued to gasp wildly. The girl brought her stomach-length hair to one side in nervousness and continued to smack her tongue in . "I-I'm s-so-"

"Yeah, I know." said the guy in front of her, menacingly. Not so friendly. "We'll find someone for you to drink."

The girl stopped her paying attention to her pain, only to look into the boy's dark red eyes in shock. 'Someone'?! she thought, terrified.

The thought of killing someone to satisfy her thirst made her even more frightened.

"Just try not to get killed." he concluded, with a hint of shakiness in his voice.

He stood up and left the girl wondering what had just happened to her.

She shrugged off the unpleasant memory and continued to trail along in the middle of the group.

I seriously don't want to do this, she thought bitterly.

---------

"So how long did it take for you to learn Wedding Dress? I mean, how long did you take to arrange the whole thing?" I asked.

It was evening, not too dark, and not light either. I was sitting on Kris' lap, the both of us in front of the fire, admiring the bright orange and yellow in contrast to the bleak, freezing surroundings.

His arms were comfortably around my waist, and thanks to his height, I was practically cocooned by his body. I felt completely safe and less paranoid. I was glad Kris was with me.

"Hmm...let me think..." he pondered and rested his chin on my left shoulder, "It took around a week to learn the dance, and probably three weeks to arrange the whole thing, because of finals and stuff."

I felt my lips curve into a flattered smile, and I looked down, flustered. 

Kris chuckled and pulled me back to straighten up my position. "It was all worth it, I swear."

"Yeah, it was. I was freaking blown away!"

"Glad you were. We worked hard for that."

"I know. I know how hard it is to learn a dance without a teacher." I leaned more into Kris' body and tilted my head back a little to rest it on his right shoulder.

"You would." he simply answered and leaned down to plant his lips on mine.

I began to kiss him back, turning my torso so I could face him, sliding my arms around his neck to pull him closer.

He didn't seem to mind that we were sort of distracting the others, through the bond, with the adrenaline of making out.

After all, this could be our last time being intimate before Victoria's army strikes tomorrow.

---------

"God damn it," I hissed, yanking the edge of the top of the sleeping bag closer to my face.

I snuggled closer into a fetal position, hoping to get at least a little heat into the sleeping bag.

I knew better than to disrupt Kris from his guard duty to try and get him to hug me while I sleep.

The cold was so sharp, it felt as if I was sleeping in a freezer.

Scratch that; the temperature up here was probably colder than a freezer.

It was about three times colder up here than the temperature in the day.

Why did there have to be a freaking snowstorm now?

I constantly shivered and squirmed in the sleeping bag, attempting to extract some sort of heat from my body. It was kind of impossible, seeing that I have a small body.

Damn.

I curled up even more, bringing my head closer to my knees, and pulling the two hoodies over my head. It helped a little, but it was still freezing.

I heard the ping of the tent and footsteps clunking. Must be Kris.

"G-go back out-t-t," I shivered, hugging my arms across my chest to attempt to keep myself warm.

"No, I won't," he answered firmly, "Not with you becoming a human ice block, I won't."

I decided it would be better to not argue with Kris because, either way, he'd be coming in here anyway. "F-fine..."

Kris lightly pulled the opening of the sleeping bag, so I shuffled over to make room for him.

Once he slipped in (with his height, God knows how he did it), I felt an amazing warmth cover over me.

No, not physical warmth, but, warmth and comfort at the fact that I felt completely safe and protected.

"Geez, ________, you're freezing," Kris scolded and wrapped his arms around my body, pulling me closer to him.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry I-I'm a h-human ok-kay?!"

I felt him chuckle, so I rolled my surprisingly unfrozen eyes, and snuggled closer to him.

"Is the fire still going?" I mumbled-asked him.

"No, not anymore, but I'll light it up again in the morning."

I nodded while shivering. Kris let out a 'tsk' and I felt him wrap his leg over mine, cocooning me a little more.

That was when I began to close my eyes and let sleep overcome.

My last thought was how the rest of the coven, and the girls would win the battle tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wELP school's started and it hit me with full force once again =.=

I hope you guys liked this fluffy chapter with lots of cuddling and Kris haha XD

So, at the beginning of this chapter, the newborns are coming, which meaaaaaaannnssss......

 

 

 

 

 

THE BATTLE CHAPTER IS NEXT!!!!!

I think I'll split it into two because there's heaps going on from what I recall from the movie!!

I can't wait to start writing them! But I think the update will most likely be next week, so please stay tuned ^_^

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS ARE LOVED!