Chapter 12

Closer

 

Sorry for the brevity of this update and the last, but I just had to split this in two. I have to be sadistic once and a while. haha

Thanks again for all the amazing subscriptions and comments, they always make my day when I come back on here.

Also I'm starting my fic for http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/432702/25-lives-a-gtop-au-writing-fest-choiseunghyun-gdragon-gtop-kwonjiyong-top-alternateuniverse-gtopau, so keep an eye out in the next couple days, and read the amazing ones that are already up! 

 

Jiyong stood there for what both of them felt like an eternity, not even acknowledging Seunghyun’s presence until he stood and walked towards Jiyong, eyes fixed on nothing but the boy who now shirked at his presence.

Seunghyun’s mind raced through of torrid of emotions.. He was vexed, his pride hurt. How dare Jiyong have the gall to party till dawn, yet continuously ignore Seunghyun’s calls when all he wanted was to make sure he was okay. But for as upset as he was, he couldn’t fight his concern.

Finally up close, Seunghyun could really see how frail Jiyong really was now. Smeared kohl that rimmed those once bright eyes could not hide darkening bags beneath them. The honey glow of taunt flesh had lost its pallor, an almost sickening green replacing it. The sight before him left a sinking in his gut and an unsavory worry to creep it’s way through his bones. 

Jiyong’s eyes jumped from place to place, never making contact with Seunghyun. But even then, Seunghyun could see they still gave that same sorrowful look from their last encounter. When he finally spoke, his voice was missing it’s usual smooth apathetic confidence.

“Seunghyun, I can’t-”

“No. You’re not running away from me again. It doesn’t suit you. Just here me out once alright?”

Jiyong didn’t meet his eye but began to speak, his voice regaining some of its force.

“No. I already know exactly how this conversation is going to end. So I don’t really want to stand here while you make me feel like .”

“Excuse me?” Seunghyun was in shock, every muscle tensing with indignation. His dark eyes narrowed and his fist clenched tight. Where the hell was all this coming from? 

“Excuses me? What are you talking about? Have you even been here the past 2 months? I’m pretty sure the last thing i would try doing is make you feel like .” The anger in Seunghyun’s voice began to fade as he continued. 

“You’re tired Jiyong. It’s obvious, And I know this stupid ing scene isn’t what you really want. I don’t know what you’re looking for, but this sure as hell isn’t how you’re going to find it.”

“Who says I’m looking for anything? Is it so impossible that i just want to go out and just forget about and a while?” Jiyong’s agitation seemed to rise with his defenses, but Seunghyun was now intent on tearing those defenses down.

“It is, because the toll it takes on you is written all over your face. I want to know what’s wrong and I want to help you but it’s difficult when you keep running away every time i try.”

“Who the says I need your help, huh Seunghyun? I was fine before you and I’ll be fine now. Why do you even ing care anyway?” The words stung, tasting of bile and regret as they rolled off his tongue, but still they came. He needed them to. He needed their acid to dissolve whatever was between them. Otherwise the strings of his feelings would slowly strangle him.

Like bricks of lead, every word the Jiyong spoke weighed heavily on Seunghyun’s heart. Why is he holding so fast to this toxic facade he had created when Seunghyun was so obviously trying to free him from it? Or had he really been wrong about Jiyong this whole time; blinded by his unwavering infatuation with the beautiful boy?

“Why does there have to be some horrible ulterior motive? Why can’t you believe i just care about you?”

“Because maybe you caring is the problem Seunghyun. You waltz effortlessly into my life and like its nothing and you ing turn everything upside down and now I’m left not knowing which way is ing up anymore and I don’t want to deal with it and I sure as hell can’t deal with this right now.”

Before Seunghyun could even process what had just occurred, Jiyong quickly heal and entered the building, leaving Seunghyun behind the locked glass doors.  Only with a swift pound to the glass did Jiyong cast a last fleeting glance his way. 

“Stop running away from me!”