Prologue

Closer

 

Just a little something I started to rest my poor soul from finals, that has already started snowballing into something more.

I'll add the first real chapter of this and new chapter of seasons on my next break.

 

‘I have no idea your name, but i can draw your face from memory. Sleepless nights you spend smoking, jotting notes in your weathered journal. I’ve bore witness to 4 am walks home, your once immaculate outfits besotted and used from late night rendezvous. How tempted i feel to run my thumb beneath your doe eyes, clearing the smudges of heavy eyeliner. To smooth every hair into it’s rightful place. To dissolve the state of melancholy that so clearly surrounds you. 

But instead I will remain here, cigarette of my own at my lips, withdrawn from you. My existence seems only completed, yet wholly unknown, by you. And as I look at myself, I can’t help but wonder what kind of sense of humor god seems to have.’

 

Seunghyun lazily leans back in his chair, traces of a hazy dawn begins creeping it’s way through stairway and thoroughfare. Amidst the haze he comes. His natural grace damped by the weight of drinks and midnight regret. Stumbling as his metallic high top misses his last step towards home, Seunghyun instinctively begins to reach out, as if he could break the boy’s fall from two stories up. Seunghyun stands up, sliding open the balcony door, yet his eyes remain fixed on the fragile doll below until he disappears into the safety of the building. Seunghyun takes in, and lets out, a deep sigh before finally retreating into his own room.