3

It Doesn't End Here

 

Part III

 

Jessica was taken aback. She couldn’t say any words. She seemed to can’t speak anymore. She just too shock by what her mother said to her.

Her father that was hearing it also was surprise. He just couldn’t understand why her wife didn’t approve of Jessica and Tiffany together while a month ago she’s the one that being too loud about how Tiffany seemed too perfect for Jessica.

Krystal that was coincidentally heard it felt angry.

“MOM! She’s your daughter and my sister you were talking to?!” Krystal had tears on her eyes. Someone that she really loves besides her family and Seohyun became a trash in the mother’s eyes.

What’s wrong with being poor anyway? It’s not like being a poor is a sin.

To Krystal, having Tiffany as her sister in-law is too big as a dream besides having Seohyun for her own. She really loves Tiffany to the extent that she copied Tiffany in every way and as a result, Seohyun really loves it. To the maknaes, Tiffany is an angel.

But just with in that way, Jessica Jung was no longer a Jung in her mother’s eyes, at least that’s what Jessica and Krystal thought.


-
 

Tiffany was surprised to see Jessica was standing in front of the front door of her apartment. Yuri and Taeyeon also were wondering what Jessica was doing; came to their house in late of the night with her luggage and looking so miserable.

“Jessie what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked. Jessica said nothing. Instead she was crying and ran to Tiffany’s embrace. The latter welcomed in such a worried way.

“Sica, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Taeyeon asked. She then rubbed Jessica’s back while Tiffany brought Jessica to the couch.

“Jessie, tell us what’s happening to you? Why are you crying?” Tiffany was so worried and concerned about Jessica.

“My mother casted me out from the house. She doesn’t approve of us being together and get married”

Jessica sobbed and only God knew how hurt Tiffany’s heart at that time. Not only because of Mrs. Jung disapprove of her relationship with Jessica, but seeing the latter crying saddened her more. She too was crying.

Yuri and Taeyeon can only watched the couple in pity.

“It’s okay Jessie, if we’re not meant to be together, what should we say? You better go back to your house and ask for your mother’s forgiveness and tell her that we’ve done”

“Are you crazy? How can I just break our 5 years relationship? You’re so selfish Tiffany!” Jessica yelled and Tiffany was taken aback. She never saw Jessica got freaked out like that. Yuri and Taeyeon also were surprised.

“Do you know how hurt I am? Knowing the fact that my mother doesn’t like you just because you’re poor and took advantage of your auntie and her family? She judged you wrongly and bashed you in front of me, how can you add the pain in my heart, Fany?”

Tiffany couldn’t look at Jessica’s face. As much as she loves Jessica, she couldn’t be selfish towards herself. She only wanted Jessica to be happy and she knew that she’ll only cause a burden to Jessica.

2 weeks ago, Tiffany was hospitalized once again. She collapsed in front of a shop and Jessica’s mother saw it. She was panic and immediately approached the fainted girl.

She called for help and someone carried Tiffany to the old woman’s car. Jessica’s mother then hurriedly drove to the nearest hospital.

She waited for the doctor and Tiffany in front of the ER. She was pacing back and forth. She couldn’t contact her daughter, and she barely knew who Tiffany’s relative that she should call.

After that, the doctor came out. She immediately approached the good looking doctor.

“How is Tiffany, doctor?”

“Are you her mother?”

“She’s my daughter’s girlfriend and I couldn’t contact anyone right now”

“We should talk in my room”

After that, Mrs. Jung followed the doctor to his room.

She took a seat in front of the doctor. The doctor sighed.

“Her condition is getting serious. We should start the treatment any sooner. The sooner the better”

“What do you mean by her condition’s getting serious?”

“She got a brain tumor. The tumor somewhat will slowly show affection on her body”, Mrs. Jung had her hand covered her wide-opened mouth.

That’s when she decided on something; Tiffany had to leave Jessica.

-

Tiffany had her head low. Mrs. Jung was giving away her glare that Jessica got from. She took a sip of her tea. They currently were having a meeting at a coffee shop.

“You have to leave my daughter. It’s the best. You’ll only cause a burden to her”

Tiffany’s tears were pooling on her yes. She bit her lips, trying to hold back the tears that she had.

“Jessica will not happy living with you. I hate you for involving Jessica in your complicated life”

Tiffany just couldn’t say anything. It was Mrs. Jung’s right to so. Jessica is her daughter anyway and without her, there’s no Jessica.

“You were right Mrs. Jung. I don’t deserve your daughter. I will leave her” Tiffany said. Mrs. Jung just nodded, believing Tiffany.

But Tiffany never fulfilled her promise to Mrs. Jung. She just couldn’t say “Let’s break up” everytime she met Jessica. Seeing how happy the latter was when with her, it broke her heart. She didn’t have the courage to break up with Jessica. She loved the latter so much.

As in Jessica’s case, she didn’t know the fact that her girlfriend is sick. She felt really happy when she met Tiffany. Tiffany always brought the brightest smile on her face. Tiffany’s the reason of her happiness.


 

-


They eventually got married. Only Yuri, Taeyeon, Seohyun and her family and Krystal attended the wedding. Jessica was grateful afterall that her little sister attended her d-day. Even though she’s hurt that her parents didn’t attend, she felt happy that at least Krystal was really happy that she got married with Tiffany.

It was hard at first. They had to share a house with Yuri and Taeyeon. They couldn’t afford to but a new apartment. Yuri and Taeyeon understood their situation, and just let their best friends live with them.

Since then, Tiffany never refused to kiss Jessica again. They even made love, but that couldn’t hide Tiffany’s sadness that she couldn’t get pregnant of Jessica’s child.

Even if the fact how many times they skin-on-skin to each other, they can never have a child since they’re in the same gender.

Jessica had to start a new work. She had to work in order to afford her living with Tiffany. Since she was out from the Jung’s company, she barely got any works.

That’s when Tiffany told Jessica to work at a bar as a singer. Since the latter was so good at singing, Tiffany found a suitable job for Jessica. Jessica loved singing as well. But Jessica disagreed at first.

“No, I don’t want to. What if people want more of me than just a singer? You know, I have the look and people probably will want to sleep with me?!” Jessica asked half teasing half serious. But Tiffany determined.

“I believe in you, Jessica! If you’re not loyal and love me enough, we couldn’t come this far”, Tiffany assured her wife. Jessica was hesitated but eventually gave in. She needed a job too. Tiffany smiled and patted the wife’s head like a pet, and Jessica loved it.

Since Tiffany already had a job at a flower shop, and Jessica was doing really great at the bar, they finally afford to have their own residence. They bought a new apartment, but just in the same building as TaeRi ;P

Jessica was surprisingly doing great. Her superior really liked Jessica’s presence in the bar. Since Jessica became the singer at the bar, the bar was having popularity and a lot of people came to watch Jessica’s singing. If available, Tiffany, Yuri and Taeyeon will come.

But suddenly, Jessica got a call. She looked at the caller ID and saw Tiffany’s name. She smiled and answered the call happily.

“Hello honey”

“Is this Jessica? I’m sorry but I’m Tiffany’s colleague”, Jessica’s heart was uneasy.

“Go on!”

“Tiffany fainted and I speed dial #1 to your number to inform this”, the caller informed.

“What?” Jessica’s jaw dropped.

“Okay, okay I’ll be there now!”

Jessica rushed Tiffany to the hospital. She was pacing back and forth. She called Yuri, Taeyeon and Seohyun and told them what happened. The three girls then rushed to the hospital.

After awhile, the three girls appeared together with Krystal. They went to Jessica and Yuri patted Jessica’s shoulder, calming the latter.

“Everything will be okay”, Taeyeon assured to Jessica and everyone including herself.

The doctor came out, all of them rushed to the same doctor that Mrs. Jung talked to before.
 

“She seriously needs to do the treatment now! Her body is showing the affection. She probably cannot walk soon”

“What do you mean?” Jessica, Seohyun and Krystal asked at the same time. Only Yuri and Taeyeon were quiet since both of them already knew about Tiffany’s illness.

“The tumor in her brain is getting bigger. It affected Tiffany’s body”, Jessica just couldn’t contain her tears. Her body felt numb. She was thinking; is this why her mom doesn’t want Tiffany as her wife?

Seohyun was already broke down on Krystal’s shoulder. The latter also felt sad of her sister-in-law’s condition.

Seohyun informed her family what happened to her cousin. And Seohyun’s mother was really worried.


-
 

Jessica went into the ward that currently Tiffany was staying in. She saw Tiffany was asleep. She went to sit on the chair besides the bed. She reached out for Tiffany’s hand and kissed it lightly. She had tears on her eyes.

Why didn’t you tell me that you are sick? Do you know how much I’m hurt after knowing that you endured your pain alone? Don’t you trust me, Fany-ah?

Jessica then intertwined her fingers with Tiffany’s and put her cheek on Tiffany’s hand.

“Fany-ah! Even if after knowing that your illness is getting serious, I will never leave by your side. I just cannot live without you, Fany-ah”

Once again, Jessica’s tears came out overflowing.


-
 

Since then, Jessica had insisted Tiffany to stop working and let herself the only one working. But being a workaholic she is, Tiffany can never stay still. She will at least do laundry. But one thing that she always fail to do; cooking! Cooking had always been her weakness. She cooked once and only God knew how frustrated she was when her cooking got a lot of complaints. She can only master in doing sandwiches and simple pancakes.

But, whenever Jessica went to work, she would invite Yuri and Taeyeon to the house and learned cooking from them. Finally, she can cook a dish; spicy noodles. Since Jessica loves noodles, she decided to make one for her wife. And Jessica really loves it!

But this one day really broke Jessica’s heart. A one fine day morning, she woke up and found Tiffany still on the bed. She smiled upon knowing that she woke up first before Tiffany, but the truth is Tiffany already long awaked. Jessica knew something was wrong and that’s when she noticed that Tiffany can’t move her body. The tumor was affecting her body movements!

Sometimes, when she helped Tiffany to go to the bathroom, she cried to herself while waiting on the outside. It really broke her heart. She didn’t have the power to cure Tiffany’s illness. Only miracle can do that.

Although they had hard times because of Tiffany’s illness, there still some happy times. They loved each other’s company and it’s the only one that made them happy for the whole day.


-
 

“Fany-ah, do you want to go to a trip?” Jessica asked and smiled lovingly at her wife. Tiffany smiled brightly, happy upon hearing a trip.

“I knew you’ll love it! Where should we go?” Jessica put her finger on her chin while thinking of some places that’ll be good as a trip for them.

“Ph…Phu…P-phuke…”, Tiffany had some difficulty on her words. Jessica immediately sensed it and asked what happen.

“I…I ca…I ca…” Tiffany broke down in tears after finally realizing that she already had difficulty on her pronunciations. Jessica just couldn’t believe it and brought Tiffany to the hospital.


-
 

Yuri and Taeyeon were there to give support to the married couple. The doctor wanted to meet Jessica and Taeyeon accompanied the latter and went into the doctor’s room.

The doctor then brought out some X-Ray which Jessica knew it was Tiffany’s inner. The doctor then explained something.

“The tumor is getting bigger by day. After showing affection on Ms. Hwang’s body, the tumor will also cause of difficulty in speaking. So currently, Ms. Hwang couldn’t speak properly.” Jessica had wide opened and on the verge of crying. Taeyeon was calming the latter down.

“The only thing that will keep Ms. Hwang to survive is a surgery. We need to do it instantly”, the doctor explained and Jessica immediately understood and nodded. She agreed for Tiffany to do the surgery.


-
 

Four years later, Jessica brought Tiffany to the Japan. Two years ago, they went to Phuket; Tiffany really wanted to go there. At first there’s only the two of them, but then somehow Yuri, Taeyeon, Seohyun and Krystal joined them. Tiffany didn’t mind at all, but Jessica was really pissed.

Jessica and Tiffany played with the snow. They balled the snow and then threw it at each other. It gave them so much fun. They even built a snowman. Tiffany built hers for Jessica and the latter did the same in return.

And one more thing, they even had a child. Tiffany gave birth to the child a year ago. After struggling with some help related to science, the two women then finally can live happily as a family with a presence of a child; Jung Hana.

After went back to Korea, the family then started their daily routine. Since Hana was born, Tiffany couldn’t stay still; Hana was too active. Tiffany was really tired but didn’t bother to tell Jessica except for telling that their daughter is active, like her mother.

Suddenly, when the family was gathering with Taeyeon, Yuri, Seohyun and Krystal, Tiffany collapsed.

They hurriedly brought Tiffany to the hospital. Jessica was really worried. What had happened to her wife?

The doctor came out with heart-breaking news; the tumor came back in Tiffany’s brain. Jessica broke down.

Tiffany only had a short of time to live. There’s no way the tumor in Tiffany’s brain can be cured.

6 months later, Tiffany died on Jessica’s arm. Hana that was only 1 year old, didn’t understand anything what her mommy was crying about.

Seohyun’s family took over the responsibility to hold Tiffany’s funeral. Jessica didn’t give a damn about that. She only cried for the whole day. She can’t do anything without Tiffany. How the hell can she grow Hana up alone?!

At the funeral, Seohyun and family, Yuri, Taeyeon and Krystal the one that made the speech! Many kindness of Tiffany that they told, not a single negative comment came out from their mouth. Jessica cried even harder.

During the funeral, Hana was crying. Hana seemed to understand that her mama was gone. Compared to Jessica, Hana really spoiled to Tiffany. And Jessica was more than sad.

Surprisingly, Mr. and Mrs. Jung showed up. They felt sad upon seeing their daughter’s condition that they had abandoned a few years ago. Mrs. Jung kneeled down besides Jessica and comforted the latter.

“Sooyeon, don’t cry!”

“Aren’t you happy mom? That she’s finally gone for the whole life?” Jessica was being sarcastic, and Mrs. Jung knew it.

“I’m sorry Jessica. I thought Tiffany will cause a burden to you and I don’t want to make it hard for you. But after knowing that you really happy live with her, I regretted it Jessica. Please forgive me?!” Mrs. Jung pleaded. Krystal  was crying. She wanted that to happen a long time ago, but her mother was too ego to do so. Seohyun comforted her girlfriend.

“But she’s already gone, mom! And I can’t forgive you for that! You should have do so to her, not me”

“Jessica, just forgive your mother! She’s being sincere. Tiffany also didn’t want you to fight with your mother. Hana also has the right to know her grandmother!” Yuri convinced. Jessica gave up.

“But Tiffany, I need her mom! I don’t want her to leave me yet”, Mrs. Jung embraced her daughter.  She kissed the crown of Jessica’s head many times.

“But Jessica, she already did! You have to be strong; for Hana! Even if Tiffany left, she’s till in your heart, our hearts. It doesn’t mean that you have to stop loving her, dear”, Mr. Jung spoke up. He didn’t have a chance to meet her daughter in-law. He felt horrible as a father in-law.

Since then, Jessica determined! Her father’s right! Her love for Tiffany will never stop.

Fany-ah! I’m sorry that I was being a fool for crying all day. It felt like it’s the end of the world to me after you leave.

Fany-ah, I will  take care of Hana, our child. I will cherish and shower her with love. When she grows up, I will tell many things about you; her mama is a nice person and the reason of her mommy’s happiness. Her mama also the reason for Hana’s presence.

Fany-ah, our love actually doesn’t end here. My love is always for you. And I knew yours too.

Fany-ah, it doesn’t end here!

 

“Happiness is a journey, not a destination” – Ben Sweetland

The end…