Lost in the Stars

Love Lost?

 

Sandara decided that the best way for me to take my focus off of Jin Sang was to focus on something else...

Like not falling on my ...

 

She took me to StarLight Skating, an open air skating rink under the stars. Sober pop music played in the background with sparkly star-shaped laterns strung on trees around us making a mystical night. It was really cool. 

Now I know how to skate, its just been a long time since I've done so and because of that I was a little... rusty...

"Haha! Don't tell me Choi Minho doesn't know how to skate," Dara laughed when we got on the rink floor. 

"Yah! I know how to skate its just been awhile since I've done so," I told her. I stepped forward onto the well-oiled wood floor and almost instantly wobbled out of control. My feet flew out from under me and I ended up falling on whoever was in front of me: Sandara. 

"Ooof!" We both hit the floor with a loud thud. More Dara than me since I really did fall on her. 

"Oh crud! Dara, I'm so sorry! Uh..." I began saying then I looked at Dara beneath. Her face was all flushed giving her pale skin a luminous glow under the full moon. Her head was to the side and she turned to face me. It was all breathtaking. 

"Minho...," Dara said softly, looking up at me. 

"Yes."

"Could you get off me, please? You're kinda heavy." How could I have forgotten I was lying right on top of her. I felt my face get hot. 

"Whooo! Get a room, you two!" Shut up, Jonghyun!

"Here," I said, getting up. "Let me help you up." I lent Dara my hand and pulled her back on her skates. When we were both standing upright, Dara was still holding on to my hand. I looked at our hands fit together perfectly. 

"How about you hold my hand until you get back the hand of things?" She asked, giggling. 

"Hey, I got this ," I told her. To demostrate this, I took a step forward without her and immediately almost fell... again. 

"Uh uh," Dara said. "How about you wobble along with me for a while?" She asked and offered her hand once more. 

"Okay." And I took it. 

We had a great time at the skating rink. It had popular, poppy music and the night was warm and it still felt magical. We talked and skated together holding hands and whatnot. However, in a hour or so I had managed to get into the swing of things with my skating and had gotten good enough to skate backwards. 

"Well, would you look at you, Minho," Dara said, laughing as I circled around her.

"Not too bad, eh? I told you, I got this."

"Haha. Never one to stay down for long, are you?" She asked. 

"Nope. Not usually," I said to her. 

"That's good. Always gotta get back on your feet sooner or later," she said, gliding around causally. However, I felt as if something was being implied in her tone of voice. I skated to a stop, meeting her chest-to-chest. 

I had realized what she was hinting at. She was further refering about Jin Sang. I must admit while we were skating and talking I may have told Dara some more things about Jin Sang. Actually I said alot of things about Jin Sang. Dara had been nice and listening intently though. Sandara wasn't rushing me was she?

"Listen Dara. I know you took me out her to I could forget about Jin Sang, but you gotta give me time, alright? Geez!"

Dara looked at me as if I had grown two horns or something. 

"Minho, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about," She said. I shook my head at her. 

"You know what I mean, Dara, I said to her. Dara still looked dumbfounded and shook her head. 

"Look Minho, if you're uncomfortable or something, we can leave. It's getting late anyway..." she said looking a little down. I started feeling bad, but I had had a long day. 

"Okay," was all I said and we left the skating rink. 

I decided I should at least walk Dara home. We walked to Dara's apartment complex in silence. 

What was she thinking? I thought on the walk over. Does she really think it's that simple? Doesn't Dara understand this is immense history I share with Jin Sang is not just gonna disappear. I mean I know it is probably really right to just let go, but I just don't think I can right now... Aish, I feel conflicted. 

It will all be over soon, Minho... Just go with the flow. 

"Here we are." Dara ended my thought process. We stopped in front of an expensive looking apartment building. 

"Whoa! You live here?" I asked her, looking up at the building. 

"Yeah, " she said. 

"I'ts very nice." 

"Thanks..," Dara said looking at the door with a sigh. 

"I'm sorry, Dara. I really just think I'm not ready ready to do what you want me to."

Dara just shook her head. 

"Minho, I just don't understand- " 

"I'm not ready to let go... I really am sorry. I didn't want this night to end this way."

"I guess it's alright. I didn't want it to end this way either." She glanced at her door once more ,but her gaze continued going up and up until I noticed she was looking at the sky. I saw a sudden sparkle appear in her eyes. 

"You know... It doesn't have to end this way..." She looked at me with a sly smile and took off into an alley on the side of her building. 

"DARA!" I exclaimed going after her. 

"Just try to follow me, Minho!" She pulled down a fire escape ladder and started climbing up. I went up after her. The building was only about four stories. When I reached the top, I found it was a roof top garden. Flowers everywhere on the edges making it look an exotic paradise in the sky. In the middle of the roof was a gazebo that open in the middle, kind of like a skylight. Dara was lying in the middle of the giant gazebo floor, completely still and staring up at the sky above. 

"Dara! Are you okay?" I asked kneeling down beside her. 

"Shhh...," She said, placing a finger to pink lips, her eyes flutter. Thank God, she was breathing. 

"Good God, Dara! I thought you wer- " 

"SHH!" She placed her finger to my lips to silence me. 

"Come lay with me, Minho," She said, patting the area next to her. 

Shrugging and seeing no harm, I laid down on my back beside her. 

"Umm... What are we suspose to be doing?" I asked her. 

"Look." She pointed up to the sky. It was a nice clear night and it appeared as if millions of stars dotted the sky. 

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" Dara said. 

"Very..." It was absolutely breathtaking. Never have I seen so many stars before. 

"You like stars, Minho?" Dara asked. 

"I love stars. My mom used to take me out when I was little and have me point out each one," I said with renewed excitement. "Look there's Orion... and Antares... and Virgo..." 

"Haha, I see I'm dealing with an astronomer," Dara laughed. I laughed too. 

"My mother and I would just go out to this nice hilly place on warm nights like this one... We'll just lay out..." I said, lost in memory. I could see Mom enthusically pointing out each great ball of light. She would call them out by name as if they were old friends. Gosh, did she love stars, and I loved them because of her. She was one to me. 

"... we'll just lay out and watch the stars..., " I said continued my thoughts. Dara looked over at me, her own eyes lost in what looked like thought. 

"I used to go out here when I was little too, but I didn't have anyone to tell me the true name of the stars, Mother was always busy. My nurse told me the stars were angels watching down on us as we sleep. I would believe my parents were stars," Dara looked up sky and sighed. I was astonished that we shared the same thought. 

"My mom... was always a star to me...," I revealed openly and felt myself smile and my cheeks get warm at my own expression. I have never told anyone that before, not even Taemin. Dara look at me intensely with eyes full of wonder. 

"That's really beautiful, Minho," Dara said to me. "It truly is..." She closed her eyes slowly with a sigh as if she was resided into a memory. 

"You know one thing I find amazing about the stars?" Dara asked. 

"What?" 

"How you know they can change positions in the sky, right?" 

"Yeah." 'Where is she going with this?'

"Like the other month, Corvus was over there," she said pointing in one section of the sky. "Now its over there," she said pointing exactly to the star. 

"Hey, I thought you said no one taught you about stars."

"I guess my point is, remember how our loved ones are stars. Stars move positions from time to time all the time. Well, our loved ones may not be where they used to be here in the world, but they're here still somewhere watching us... like the stars in the sky..." 

As soon as her words sunk in, I felt something inside me give way and something inside my brain click. I stared up into the nightsky with new eyes. The stars in the sky seemed bigger and brighter. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 

"Minho...? Dara asked in a concerned voice. 

"It's just beautiful, Dara... That's it." I attempted to discreetly wipe the tear away. I let out a sigh. 

"You know, it's kinda late and we do have school tomorrow," Dara said. 

"Yeah true. I got up from the eeriely comfortable ground. Dara jumped up and offered me a hand. I grabbed it. It was warm and soft so much I didn't feel like letting go. Dara didn't object. We went down the ladder and Dara tripped with a small squeal. 

"Careful," I said, catching her. "I almost caught you falling for me." I smirked. Dara let out a sarcastic laugh. 

"Ayo! When did cocky Minho come back?" We both laughed as we got in front of Dara's building door again. Dara let out a sigh looking up at the door and rest of the building. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't be as fun as I had promised," Dara said looking up at me. "But did you have any fun?" 

"Are you kidding? I had an amazing night." I bent down and kissed her on the cheek. Dara's eyes sparkled. 

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, Minho...," Dara said with a humble smile and ever present blush on her cheeks. She turned to leave.

"You better call me back this time!" She said turning around for the last time. 

"I promised I will," I said and I meant it. 

"Good," She smirked. "Good Night Minho."

"Good Night Dara." With that she left, but I felt as if someone was watching me. I looked up towards the stars and smiled. 

"Good night... Mom..." 

 

Minho stopped looking up with a trace of a smile. He started walking home with what I saw was a new found spirit. I flet my own smile appear and with that I continued on my search for a gift for Onew. 

 

"Hey Key, wasn't that Jin Sang?" 

"Yeah it was!"

"Why is she smilling? Minho just kissed another girl." 

"If I were her, I would be smiling too." 

"Why?" 

"You'll know soon enough..." 

 

 

 

A/N: 

Hey Guys! Sorry it's been soo very long since I've updated. My computers been going haywire and school and work have not been helping. However, school's out, compter's okay, and summber is HERE! Haha! THank you all for being such amazing subber and readers and I'm truly grateful for ya'll sticking around in my absence. 

*Also Key and Jonghyun were not speaking in Minho's head that time. Sometimes they are omniscent being and just know.* 

I CHOSE YOU!