Lost in a Memory

Love Lost?

"H-hey, Minho...," Jin Sang said to me after what seem like forever of akward silence. Her hair was straight still red as always, still framing her beautiful porcelain doll face perfectly. Her brown doe eyes were set like stone on me. 

"Say something! Don't just gawk at her like a weirdo!" yelled Voice One. I straighten back up and my Flaming Charisma. 

"Hey, J-jin Sang," I managed to get out. Not smooth, not smooth at all. Her gazed turned cold. 

"You look well, " she said coolly. "Ouch. I think the flames just got doused." Stupid voices.

"So do you, Jin Sang," I stammered. Ugh, I hate this. Taemin, who was witnessing this tense moment, decided now was a good time to intervene. 

"Jin Sang, I think it's time to go inside. Umma is probably waiting for us," said Taemin innocently.

Jin Sang looked at him and then looked back at me. Her dark eyes flashed. 

"You're right. It's very late as well." She disappeared inside the house, leaving an icy presence. Taemin lagged a little. I just stared at him, hoping he got the message. He stepped inside the house, nervously. Yeah, he got the message. 

"I'm sorry, hyung. I meant to tell you sooner." 

"I know. I know. I'm alright." This wasn't true ,but I don't need the kid to worry. 

"You sure?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I'm sure," I sighed. I hoped I would be anyway. 

"Okay. Well, I'll see you later, Minho. Night," Taemin said.

"Night, Tae," I said. Taemin slipped inside the house and closed the door. I made my way back to the truck to drop Key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was the only girl that could make me laugh. The only girl I could tell me secrets too. The only person to see me cry. The only girl I would dream about. She was Lee Jin Sang...

*The story of Minho and Jin Sang will be told by Voice One.*

Now listen up kiddies as I share with you the tale of the Flaming Charisma Frog Prince and the ice princess.

It was elementary school not to far away in the past that this story began. A little prince in training was fighting for his best friend against the evils of the Dragon a.k.a the school bully. However, the Dragon seemed too much for young prince Minho and his younger friend, Taemin, and the were over thrown. However, out of the mist came a princess like no other. Lee Jin Sang, ice princess. Taemin's older sister , who was one year older than Minho. 

"Hey Dragon! How dare you pick on my little brother and his hyung!" cried out Princess Jin Sang. "How about you pick on someone your own size!"

An epic battle of nuggies and wedgies ensued and in the end, mighty princess Jin Sang was victorious. Minho, looked upon this brave girl in all her glory, and it stuck a chord in his little kiddie heart. He liked her, however, she had done something he couldn't. 

Now Minho was in elementary school and what do most elementary school boys do when they are shown up by a girl? Yep. They become little baby douchebags to said girl, especially if they like her.

Jin Sang helped Taemin and Minho to their feet. 

"Thanks sis!" smiled Little Taemin. 

"Yeah, thanks," muttered Little Minho. "Thanks for making me look like a wimp." Aww, his little masculine pride was hurt. 

"I could have taken on the Dragon all by myself if it wasn't for this girl making me look like a wuss," pouted Little Minho.

"Whatever! You seemed like you could need all the help you could get," said Jin Sang.

"Pssh, you wish Pansy," Minho shoved past Jin Sang.

"Yah! You shoved me!" exclaimed Jin Sang, getting up in Minho's face. 

"No, I didn't!"

"Yes, you DID!" Jin Sang pushed Minho hard.

"Uh oh," said Taemin.

"No, I didn't!" Minho shoved her back even harder. She fell backwards on her . 

"Tae, you're friends with a real jerk!" Jin Sang cried out. She buried her face in her hands and sounded as if she was crying. 

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Just please don't cry." Minho helped Jin Sang to her feet. She smiled a sweet Thank you to him, then shoved him down to the ground. 

"Wimp!" yelled Jin Sang.

"Pansy!" Minho yelled back.

Ahh... the beginnings of love...

Anyway, over the next few years, Minho and Jin Sang practically grew up together. Taemin was Minho's best friend and Jin Sang's younger brother, so those two saw a lot of each other. They kept up one of those adorable boy vs. girl, love/hate relationships until the death of Minho's mother in his eighth grade year. Then everything changed. 

Minho sat at the head of a big, lonely dining room table. He sat there as people comforted and cried with his sister and father in the other room. He refused to be there with the rest of the people and his family. He refused to let anyone see him cry. For the first time that horrible evening, Minho allowed a single tear to roll down his cheek and waited for it to fall. However, a soft pale hand caught the tear. Jin Sang cupped the tear in her hands and brought it to her awe-struck face. 

"What is this?" she asked, examining the tear. 

"It's nothing," Minho said, going back to his stonewall stance. Of all people, thought Minho. Why did it have to be Jin Sang to catch me crying?

"It looks like a tear to me," said Jin Sang, looking at him. 

"If you knew what it was, why did you ask?" asked Minho calmly, but with a little anger. 

"Minho..." Jin Sang sighed, sitting in the chair beside him.

"What?"

"It's okay to cry."

"No it isn't," he snapped at her. "Crying is for the weak."

"No, it isn't," she cupped his chin in her hand, and faced him towards her. "Crying is for those who are strong enough to let their emotions known. Those strong enough to let their feelings out. Minho, you're strong."

Minho sneered at her and roughly pulled his face out of her hand. He stared ahead to stubbornly as to not listen to her words. Jin Sang, more stubborn than him, refused to leave him and took his face in both hands, putting it closer to her own. 

"Minho, your mother just died," Jin said, boring him with her serious doe eyes, but he refused to look at them. She continued. 

"By holding all this in you are only harming yourself, rendering yourself as a weakling. Choi Minho is no weakling! Unless you are not the Choi Minho I know."

Minho chose this time to meet Jin Sang's gaze. However, it was not what he expected. Instead of being met with the usual cold, venomious eyes of Jin Sang, he was met with warm, compassionate, caring eyes. Eyes that could love him like no one else. Eyes like his mother. 

They came from nowhere. No, they came from inside. Deep inside. They started in single drops, then became a steady stream. In her embrace, Minho cried, no, sobbed into Jin Sang's shoulder. 

"If no one else, know you can always cry in front of me because I know you are strong," Jin Sang, wisphered soothly into Minho's ear. He nodded and looked her in her pretty little face. He brought their lips together in a wet (because of the tears) kiss. The hate in the love/hate relationship was gone. Now all that remained was love. 

Minho and Jin Sang started dating soon after that. They became "THE ITEM" once Minho entered high school. The beautiful Jin Sang adn the just-unbelievably-handsome Minho was like a match made in Heaven. Of course, the 'it' couple had haters, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that Jin Sang had haters, not Minho. Girls found Minho quite charming ,and guys had no real problem with him because he was a nice guy. Because of Minho's charisma, he always got invited to parties. He would hit up the latest, and livliest parties with Taemin, and their new friend, Kim "Key" Kibum, leaving poor Jin Sang behind because she was not the party type. However, she did grow restless of her boyfriend's excessive party going and ditching. The last straw was when Minho literally dragged Taemin(this was when Taemin was a big drinker) in one night after yet, another party. 

"Minho! Where were you? I've been calling you all night!" she said to him. Minho laid Taemin on the couch, then looked at her. 

"Hyung and I just went to a party, Jin Sang," Taemin explained drudgily. He looked sick. 

"Taemin? What's wrong?" she asked him, concerned. 

"Nothing, I'm f--," Taemin lurched off the couch to the nearest bathroom. You could hear the sounds of him throwing up down the hallway.

"You let my little brother drink!?! What the hell, Minho?"

"I told him I would be fine," called Taemin from the bathroom. 

"And he believed you?" said Jin Sang with a "get-real" face.  She turned to Minho.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I can talk now?" asked Minho, keeping a calm voice amidst the chaos. Jin Sang nodded and crossed her arms.

"1) Calm down. 2)Taemin will be alright if you would stop yelling. The headache he has is a killer. 3)Stop with the mother tone."

"You didn't answer my calls. My little brother is halfway hungover. You want me to calm down?" Jin Sang was quieter, but no less deadly. "I'm soo tired of this, Minho!"

"Uh oh. Dramatic time! It's about to go down!"

Shush yeobo! Or they're gonna miss the best part!

"Tired of what?" Minho asked her. 

"This is the sixth time in two weeks that you ditched me. That you left me behind to go party. I'm tired of being second to you. I'm tired of you not giving me... Us... time in that somewhat busy schedule of yours. I can't do this anymore..." Jin Sang's face fell into her hands as she sat down on the couch. Minho flopped down, looking at her. He didn't like where this might lead. 

"Do what, Jin Sang? What are you talking about?!" he grabbing her firmly, but gently by the shoulders, making her face him. He should not have done that because that face of forlorn Jin Sang wore affirmed Minho's fear.

" I can't stay up for you, waiting for you to come home from one of your parties so we can be together anymore. Do you know how many nights I've lost? At all those parties, how do I know you're not hooking up with some girl, spending all your time with her? How do I know? Minho, I'm a senior. I'm graduating. How can I go to college and trust you to be faithful if I question your trust while I'm still here. I also know you say wait for you until you graduate, but the deal is, you're not even waiting for me. I don't have time for this. I just can't do this anymore."

She pushed him away and go off the couch. The push made Minho feel like he had been hit by a truck. He knew what was coming next and had to stop it. 

"Wait, Jin Sang! Please. Tell me what can I do to make up for this?" He said grabbing her by the waist and kissed her with as much passion as he could muster. He searched for the symphatic, understanding eyes that held him years ago, but nothing filled these eyes ,but pain and lost. 

"You can't make up lost time, Minho," she said. With that, Jin Sang pushed him away for the last time and it hurt even more than the first. He now knew he had lost her forever.

"You have to go now, Minho," Jin Sang said, pulling him out the door. "Have a good rest of the night," she said with a slam. 

"Jin Sang! Jin Sang!" Minho banged on the door. He soon gave up. He had never felt so clost to crying since the death of his mother, so many years ago. However, this time there was no one to catch the tears, no one to say its okay to cry. That person had literally pushed him out of her life. Now, Minho was alone. 

That was the end of Minho and Jin Sang.

"Lame reason to break up with someone! If Minho was a cheater I would understand."

"No way. Cheating is too scandolous for a Minho story!"

"Whatever would have made it more interesting."

"It gets better in the next chapters, just wait and see..."