Finding Out In Time

Love Lost?

At school the next day, Taemin had some updates:

-He and Minzy became a couple.

-His mom wouldn't let him hang out with me until after the wedding.

-Jin Sang had pushed the wedding a whole week up, so it was being held this Sunday, instead of the next. 

"In a rush to be married off, uh?" I said to Taemin after he got done annoucing this all at the lunch table. 

"What you did yesterday might of scared her into it...," Taemin suggested, taking a sip of his banana milk. 

"Of course it did," said Key. "The way she and Minho kissed yesterday probably made her question her faithfuliness to Jinki."

"You kissed my about-to-be-married sister!?!" Taemin said after spitting out most of his milk in shock. 

"Well, you can't be in complete shock, Tae. Did you see that dress Jin Sang was in? Make any straight guy wanna beg like a dog," Key remarked, snifling laughter while eating his salad. 

"Yah! I am not a dog," I snapped at him. Key just shrugged. 

"Woof. Woof." Shut up Voice. 

"I still can't believe you set up my sister with Onew, " said Taemin to Key. "The guy is obessed with chicken. Buckets and buckets of it all day long! I bet if he wasn't marrying my sister, he would be marrying chicken! They have legs too." I couldn't help, but burst out laughing. 

"Onew's a sweet guy," Key offered. I didn't say anything. Taemin dismissed this, and went back to me. 

"Minzy's wondering when you're going to call Sandara."

"Uh?" I said. 

"Hyung, don't tell me you forget about Dara. Minzy saids she really likes you."

"Come on Tae. I only kissed the chick once. Besides do you see what I'm dealing with? Jin Sang is getting married! I'm running out of time!" I said to him. Key shook his head.

"Hyung when did you get so stupid?" Taemin said, shaking his head as well.

"Love makes you do stupid things, Tae," Key told him. Key's voice reminded me of something. 

"This afternoon is gonna be fun" I saw Key's face glowing with a knowing smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That afternoon I went to the park to meet with Key and Jonghyun. I found them sitting at a secluded park table. It had been a while since I've seen Jonghyun. His hair was now all dark brown. I think he got even more muscular, but he was still short. I approached them from behind so they didn't see me walk up to them. I caught them in the middle of a conversation.

"... and what if he doesn't understand, Key?" Jonghyun asked.

"Don't worry about that, Jong. He is going to understand," Key assured him. "He has to." 

"Okay, but if he doesn't, I'm time tripping him." Time trip? What were they talking about?

"Yay, Minho! You made it!" exclaimed Key popping up from his seat. "You remember Jonghyun, right? He hosted the first party I took you too."

"Hey Flaming Charisma. Long time, no see," Jonghyun said, taking my hand and giving me a bro hug I didn't ask for. His voice reminded me of someone or something. 

"So you're Onew's best friend, uh?" I asked Jonghyun.

"Yup," he said with the uttemost confidence. That sonofab*tch! All my anger mustered, I punched Jonghyun square in the jaw. It was definetuely the time to punch someone. 

"Omg! Minho, why did you do that?!" Key exclaimed, rushing to Jonghyun's side. Jonghyun was on the ground, wiping blood off his now busted lip. 

"You and him are the reason Jin Sang and I aren't together right now," I said, pointing at them.

"Seriously, Minho? Jin Sang came to me the next day crying over you, you jerk!" Key had helped Jonghyun to his feet. He came up to me jabbing his finger into my chest. "What did you think I was going to do?!" 

"Bring her back to me!" I answered.

"YOU ARE NOT THE ONE FOR HER!" Key yelled at me.

"Who the hell are you to tell me if we belong together or not? You have no idea what Jin Sang and I have been through!" I barked at them. I think I was reaching my breaking point with this thing concerning Jin Sang. My compostion breaking. 

"Actually, we know more about the relationship between you and Jin Sang than you could ever imagine," said Jonghyun, his voice the most serious I've heard since I had known him. The really bizzare thing is, he sounded as if he was in my head. He actually sounded just like one of the voices. Hold on... Could he...?

I looked over at Jonghyun. His lip was no longer bleeding, it looked as if it hadn't been busted in the first place. He was glowing a reddish tint. He had two small horns on his head and on his forearm was a tattoo of a broken heart with an arrow through that was on fire. The fire looked as if it was actually moving! He also had a tail. A spikey tail. 

"Jong, I thought we were taking the subtle approach!" practically whined Key. I noticed he had started glowing faintly.

"No way. The more direct, the better the effect," Jonghyun said with a devilish smile. His tail, which I noticed the spike was more of an upside heart, twitched. 

"Okay, we're on a time limit anyway," Key said, standing next to his demon-looking boyfriend.

"Hold on! What's going on? Why does Jonghyun look like that? How come you are glowing, Key? What time limit? And what do you mean you two know more about me and Jin Sang than I do?"

"You'll know the answer to all of that real soon," said Key's voice inside my head. 

"Right now though, you're going on a little trip." Jonghyun whipped around and his tail flung me off of my feet. I felt myself fall into darkness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I came to, I woke up in the middle of the street in front of a cafe. A very famaliar cafe. Good Times Bistro. The place I used to take Jin Sang all the time when we were dating. I stood up and just stared at it. 

"Come on. We have something to show you." It was Key. He was glowing brightly now, tinged in pink everywhere. He had a golden halo on his head and a small-ish pair of feathered wings on his back. He had a pink heart tattoo (Or birthmark?) under his left eye that actually sparkled. A golden bead bracelete on his wrist spelled out "L-O-V-E". 

"Key...?" I said, staring at him. What is this?

"Just go inside," pushed Jonghyun. I obeyed him and walked into the cafe. 

Even though I had just been in the cafe yesterday with Taemin, the cafe seemed younger than that. The paint on the walls was more vibrant. The pictures were less faded. As I was memerized by what seemed to be an almost new Good Times Bistro, I looked to my left and was struck with what must have been severe deja vu. There at a table, sitting on the classic bar stools, a younger me on a date with a younger Jin Sang. 

"What the heck...," I said, staring at them(us?). 

"We're in one of your memories with Jin Sang," Key informed me. He and Jonghyun were sitting in a booth adjacent to where Jin Sang and I were sitting. They were still glowing and looking all mystical.

"How is that even possible? How come you two look like that? What is going on?" I asked. 

"We'll answer that later. For now, just watch," Key pointed at the young couple. I guess no one could see us because when I approached them, they continued their conversation as if I wasn't there. 

"Minho! This place is amazing! I can't believe you found it!" exclaimed ninth grade Jin Sang. Her face was even more doll-like and glowed with youthful innonance. It was werid to see her so young, it was so long ago. Yet here she was in front of me. 

"Thanks you. I'm really glad you like it." If I thought it was weird to see younger Jin Sang, it was 100x weirder to see younger me. My hair was really short... and were my eyes always that big? 

"I can't believe you picked to hang out with me over going to Chaerin's party," commented Jin Sang. "I've heard she is the best at parties."

"Who cares? Of course, I would chose you over any party. Besides, today is our anniversary," said Minho putting his arm around her. 

"Awww, Minho! I can't believe you even remembered. I'm glad you did though. I got you this," Jin Sang handed younger Minho a CD from his favorite band.

"Oh thanks! You go me the Lucifer album! You're the best, Jin Sang!" Minho kissed her a thank you on the cheek. Jin Sang giggled. 

"Close your eyes," he said to her. She obeyed, giggling in more excitement. Minho pulled out a small pastel yellow box, tied with straw string and gingerly placed it in front of Jin Sang on her plate.

"Okay. Open your eyes." Jin Sang opened her eyes to see the little box wrapped in simplicity. She looked at Minho with a curious face. Younger Minho nodded, and I watched as young Jin Sang took care opening the special package. She lifted the lid to find a necklance.

"Minho, what is this?" Jin Sang said, taking the necklance out of the box and holding it by its simple chain. 

"Its a necklance. I made it for you. See us holding hands?" said young Minho. 

Jin Sang stared at the charm hanging on the necklance. It was a simple boy figure holding hands with a simple girl figure. They are enclosed in a heart. I look as younger Jin Sang dangled the charm in front of her eyes that started to glisten. Her bottom lip started to quiver. 

"I-I made it all in metal shop, chain and everything... D-do you like it?" young Minho stuttered, really hoping his girlfriend liked it. I remember spending hours working on that necklance during metalshop. I remember how strainious it was getting the heart around the little people just right. I remember cutting my hand on the bolt cutters while making the chain. I also remember not caring about any of that, as long as it was special, as long as it touched the girl I loved's heart. 

Jin Sang busted into a beautiful bright smile and a little tear rolled down her cheek. 

"I love it," she stammered. "Put it on me."

Younger Minho and I smiled as younger Minho placed the silver necklance around Jin Sang's neck. 

"Oh Minho, it's beautiful!" she said holding the charm in her hands. "It must have taken you hours to make. 

"All the time in the world would be worth it to see that pretty smile," said Minho, grinning at her. He looked into her smiling eyes and said the words that had took all my courage, but I meant with every fiber of my being:

"I love you."

The sun could not even compete with Jin Sang's smile. 

"Oh Minho... I love you too," I watched as younger me and younger Jin Sang kissed. I felt my heart tug at the memory. I missed those times. 

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked Key and Jonghyun. They got up from their table. 

"Because you have to understand the past to understand the future," Jonghyun snapped his fingers and the scene dissolved. Now we were in a big dark room with black walls. 

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked them. "And you still have to answer my other questions. Where are we? Who or what are you?"

"I gues we'll answer you now," Key snapped his fingers and the walls lit up. They showed scenes of me and Jin Sang while dating. Us going to the beach, holding hands, going to dances, hanging out with other friends, riding double bikes, of me giving her a piggy back ride. Every sweet moment flashing before my eyes on TV screens. It was so much. 

"What is this?" I asked for the umpteenth time in awe. 

"Are you seriously asking that again?" Key asked inside my head and out. 

"We are basically cupids," Jonghyun said, his tail swishing. 

"Since when do cupids have horns and halos?"

"Well I'm a good cupid. I try to help relationships go as smoothly as possible and help people find their true love. Also I try to make people make the right choices. So if you're wondering about the halo, think of me as the good angel on your shoulder." Key explained with a grin and a flutter of his wings. 

"So what is Jonghyun? A hate cupid, if that even makes sense?"

"No. Gosh, that always f-ing happens. I'm just a bad cupid, meaning I like naughty things. I help people fall in love too, I just put a little mischief on the side," he said with a smirk. "Think of me as the demon on your shoulder."

"So you're telling me that you both are magical creatures?" 

"Yah, if you're gonna call me a creature, you better put beautiful in front of it, but yes we have powers and yada yada yada," Key said with a smile, sitting cross-legged on a table. 

"And that's why we can get into your head dude," said Jonghyun, poking my temple. 

"You two are the voices," I realized out loud.

"Yup," answered Key. "We have been watching you and Jin Sang since you first started liking her when you were young. We saw when you became an official couple and we were there when you broke up. 

"Wanna know why I hooked up my boy Jinki with Jin Sang?" Jonghyun asked, standing next to Key. 

"Yes, I still don't understand why Jin Sang isn't meant to be with me. We have been through so much together. Don't you see?" I said gesturing to all the screens protraying the happy times Jin Sang and I shared. 

"What you fail to acknowledge is the bad times that you two definetuely had!" Key exclaimed and Jonghyun snapped his fingers and the screens lit up with a set of very different scenes. They were terrible moments in Jin Sang's and my relationship. Most of them showed Jin Sang crying, but I don't remember us having any major fights. 

"The problem wasn't fighting, Minho," Jonghyun said, looking at the melancholy pictures around us. 

"Then what was it?" I asked, getting irriatated. 

"What do you notice in these memories?" asked Key from his perch. 

"I see Jin Sang crying," I answered. 

"Well duh, we can all see that. Ugh, okay let me rephrase that. What do you not see? What do you think is missing?" 

I looked at the scenes playing out in front of me. In almost every one Jin Sang was crying, but not in each one. What each one did have was Jin Sang alone. At the movies, in a cafe, her bedroom, in the park. She was always by herself... Wait a minute... If these were susposed to be memories of me and Jin Sang's relationship...

"Where am I in these memories? Why aren't I with her?" I asked in annoyance, figuring it out. 

"Exactly. Well you see, Minho, once you became Mr. Flaming Charisma you got invited to more and more parties. It wasn't always how it was in the first memories with you chosing Jin Sang above all else. Giving her time and space. Nope those parties starting getting a little more tempting and you started losing time with Jin Sang," Key said. 

"But you took me to my first party, Key!"

"Yeah, but that was mostly his fault," he said, pointing to Jonghyun who just smirked. "He has a pretty strong influence on a good day," Key said with a cough and slight blush. Oh gawd...

"Anyway, so you're saying the issue was that I didn't spend enough time with her. Couldn't I had just made it up to her?" I asked in an almost pleading voice. 

"No, lost time..." Key said with a snap of his fingers. "Can never be recalled." The screens all froze on the many crying faces of Jin Sang. 

"Come on, buddy," Jonghyun said putting a hand on my shoulder. "Time for another trip." The room dissolved to darkness. 

A/N Hey ya'll long time no see! Sorry I've been really slow with updating. School has been a hammer. :P However I also feel unpromted because I have yet to get any comments about how my story is going. Is it good or bad? I will update faster if I could read what ya'll think of it all. So please comment and suscribe!!! There is a Part Two to this chapter, but are you ready for it?