The Dream

Alyson's Adventures in Wonderland

 

I was standing in the middle of a meadow, the sun raised high in the sky, and not a cloud in the sky. I took in a deep breath. “Alyson,” I could hear a male voice calling my name. “H-hello?” I called back. “Alyson,” the male called again.

 “Y-yes, who is calling my name?” I raised my tone of voice.

 “Wonderland is waiting for you,” and with those words the sky became dark as if a thunderstorm was starting. I could hear the crackling of the thunder in the distance. All of a sudden though to my left stood  eight figures; glowing white, and to my right six dark figures; with red eye.

“What’s going on here?”                                                                                 

"Join us," both sides spoke. "Alyson we need you."

"Why do you need me?" I spoke back, "I'm nothing special."

 "Don’t listen to them," the left group spoke. "They will only hurt you."

 “If you pick us, the Hearts can give you whatever you want,” the right group fired back.

“You have to choose or this world will end in bloodshed,” both sides spoke in unison and with that said everyone disappeared as fast as they came. The sky went back to its original color. I dropped to my knees and started to cry; a mix of emotions filled me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes slowly. I sat up rubbing my tired eyes, “Such a strange dream,” I whispered to myself. It felt so real; it felt like I been there before for some reason. I kept questioning why this dream wasn’t leaving my mind; it was as clear as day. The thought of me being important is something that I couldn’t believe; ‘this day just keeps getting weirder by the minute it seemed,’ the thought came to me.

“Not so strange if you figure out what it means,” a voice came from the end of my bed. I followed the voice to find three boys in my room. I stared at them shocked. I observed these three new visitors. The one who spoke had a soft, gentle voice, he seemed harmless. He wore a nice button down shirt with a blue pull-over sweater, also nicely matched with a pair of dark blue jeans. He had soft, golden brown hair that delicately laid on his forehead.  Standing next to him was a tanner version of himself, basically; it was easy to tell the difference between the two. This one wore the exact same thing as the other; except his sweater was red. Besides the darker completion between the two, this man had darker and longer hair; bangs swooping over his forehead and laying mid-cheek. The third male did not look all that much older than I. He did not dress as nice as the other two; he had the impression of being lazy. He wore a simple white hooded sweatshirt with baggy, tattered blue jeans. But I could not make a good observation on the last one since it looked like he was trying to sleep.

“Why are you in my room,” I finally spoke in a harsh tone, after looking at them for a good five minutes. ‘How did they even get into my room and how long have they been here?’ I asked myself. The three just stared at me like I was crazy.

“You wouldn’t believe us if we told you,” the one lying down stated. I looked down at him; he was curled up in a ball hugging my sheets. He opened his eyes to look back at me with his dark eyes; his eyes were filled with mischief and deviance, but at the same time had a soft side to them as well. His dark hair fell straight over his brow and hung there naturally. Once he sat up straight he crawled to me, he looked deep into my eyes. “She’s the one, her eyes say so,” he proclaimed to the other two, “She’s the right Alyson” They just stood there examining me.

“Wh-what are you talking about?” I started to get frustrated with how they were watching me creeperly and avoiding my questions. The fact that three complete strangers, who knew my name, would enter my room and watch me sleep was enough. “Tell me now!” I finally lost my patients.

“Calm down,” the one wearing the red sweater spoke calmingly. “We are only here to see if you are the right one.” He surprised me with his voice. He spoke with a voice that was made for laughs; it had that kind of cartoon sound to it. It wasn’t the type of voice to be strict or to yell.

“Alexander, Kevin, Dongho,” a fourth voice entered the room. “You should be back by now.” This voice had a strict tone to it.

The three tensed up when they heard the voice. The twin like ones hit each other before turning around, while the younger one laid his head back down once he realized who it was. I turned my head to the corner that that the three where focused on.

A cat like man stood in the corner. He had dark chestnut like hair spiked, pieces of his hair looked as if they formed cat ear, which made him look even more like a cat. Once he noticed me, he vanished.

“Hello my dear,” he purred in my ear. I snapped my faced in his direction, my eyes where wide with shock. He sat to my left and slipped his arm around my shoulder. He curled his lips into a cat like smile. I was memorized by his eyes, dark like the others.

I finally snapped out of it. “H-how did you do that?” I stubble over my words, trying to figure out this man’s bizarre ability.  

“Do what,” he cooed the rhetorical question. “I am the Cheshire cat after all, don’t you remember me, Alyson.” The way he said my name, sounded like the one in my dream. The one that called my name before the other figures showed up. 

He vanished again, this time he reappeared at the end of my bed by my feet. “We might have to send the rabbit again,” he tilted his head at me.

“A.J you’re scaring her,” the twins paced a hand on his shoulders. He looked up at the two and back at me.

“Well then we better leave her be and go before someone gets mad at as for being gone for so long,” A.J jumped off the bed and turned to bow at me. “We better be off now. See you soon Alyson.” The other three bowed and said their goodbyes to me, before they all vanished into thin air. I just sat in bed dazed. Finally I when I decided to get out of bed my feet got tangled in the sheets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hit the floor with a thud. I was rolled up in my blankets and my pillows fell with me. I was buried under all the sheets. I clawed my way out to get fresh, cooled air. “Did I just dream that?” I looked around my room and found no one in it this time, I scratched my head curiously.