Chapter 6

Our love for roasted chicken...

Junhyung's POV

Oh man... Looking at her expression makes me feel even sad! Why did I not tell the truth...?

I strolled back sadly, none of my group-mates noticed me and my enemy, sadness. I thought that was good. I didn't want anyone to intefere. 

I think I have made it even more awkward beteen the both of us. We were close friends, and now? It was even awkward to look at each other, or even talk on the phone.

I sighed, there goes of ruining my chance to be with her.

"You okay?" 

I looked up, turns out to be Hyunseung. He sat beside me.

This guy may look quite childish, but he is actually mature. Looks are deceiving, always. However, I must say, he is not as mature as me though. Ha ha, just kidding. 

"Yeah... Guess so." I tried my best to look okay. 

"If you have something you should at least spill to one of us. At least, I repeat. Did you not forget our BEAST values? We made a promise."

"... Fine fine, you saw through me."

Hyunseung waited for me to start. However, I was still debating whether to spill the beans or not.

"I... Rejected her."

"What? Aren't you two already together? No wonder she was so flustered when I asked about you being her boyfriend." 

"No, it was Yoseob's fault. And now, we are just very awkward."

"Ohh... So I assume you do not like her?"

"No... Yes..."

I was not sure if I should open up to Hyunseung. He was not my closest friend in BEAST, but I could guess that he is pretty much reliable. 

"Yes... I do like her..."

Hyunseung gave me this clueless expression.

"Well..." I continued. "I rejected because I don't think we, or rather, she, would be ready."

"You won't know until you tell her the truth."

"... You might be right..."

-----

Jiyoon's POV

That was totally embarrassing. But it was the only way to for me to get answers... Besides, he was the one ignoring me, leaving me with my confused mind.

I admit that he actually hurt my pride. I am now so embarrassed by what actually happened.

After confronting him, I said my sorry after he explained everything and I left like I was in a rush. 

Well... You can sort of say that I am in a rush because of practices, but it was not times up yet so whatever. I didn't want to act like a fool in front of anyone. 

I sighed, at least I cleared my doubts for now...

-----

4 days later...

I went to the chicken stall, craving for more chicken as usual.

We just ended our daily meetings and I have heard that our Volume Up promotions were only ending approximately about a month later. So I assumed it will be longer. My dieting teacher told me to maintain my intake of food but I just could not help it. Food is a necessity that everyone needs. I promised her I would take care but here I am, sneakily getting chicken again. 

I was wearing my usual disguise, hoping that no one would notice me again.

Then I noticed someone familiar queueing up for the chicken. I think it is pretty obvious who is it. Who else would come here so often?

I planned to surprise him as well. Maybe singing his newest song can scare him, making him think that I am his fan queueing behind him!

So there I went, to queue behind him. Looking around to see the situation, I considered myself safe to scare him.

I started going close to his ear and whispered the starting of Sherlock.

"SHINee's back... SHINee's back..."

I could feel fear and tension in him. Not to mention, his shoulders became so, so, so stiff after I did that.

He turned around slowly, with his huge eyes. But once he noticed me, he sighed in relieve.

"You seriously know how to play a prank."

"Payback from last time you surprised Gayoon and I." I smirked.

He just smiled at me.

The two of us sat on the same table and began conversing.

Not until a group of people came to the stall.

There was this girl that was with her friends. She was the first one to notice us and began to spread around the news to her friends. Their friends had their phones in their hands, whispering to each other while pointing at our direction. 

"Oppa." I started. I have a feeling that we needed to prepare for a run. I adjusted my cap slowly, covering my eyes. 

"?"

"Behind you... It seems like there are fans that already discovered us..."

"Serious?! I hope this is not another prank of yours-----"

I shushed him with his chicken because he was talking quite loud. Once he finished his sentence, the girl and her firneds ran towards us.

"Oppa! Are you dating her??" She asked.

Onew was shocked and surprised that she suddenly came to ask. But before he could react, the rest of her friends joined her in asking.

I was still trying to hide myself until Onew held onto my wrist and pulled me into a hug.

"N-no... She's just a friend! Please, respect and please stop taking pictures!" He covered his face, and tried to cover me as well.

My face was pushed towards his jacket, making my entire face felt so uncomfortable. I mentally rolled my eyes. He should not have just stood there and tried to explain.

Instead, I grabbed his wrist and sprinted.

The fans tried to catch up for nearly 3 minutes. But we had a lot more stamina. On my way running, I held onto my cap as tight as I could.

Once we were safe, we cooled ourselves down at a nearby tree.

"That was close!" Onew said. "You okay?"

"Yeah I am! Woah...! But that was really scary, we nearly got caught. Thanks for hiding me, but you are going to get in trouble, you do know that right?" 

"I know, but whatever, I'll just explain to my manager that you were just a friend. I just hope that no one caught taking pictures of your face! If they do, we are both in trouble and it will be tough to explain to fans about our relationship." 

"I hope so... Oh man, I don't want your fans hating on me!"

"Let's just hope for the best."

He looked at his watch and began to panic. 

"Why?" I asked.

"It's 3:30PM! I need to hurry back! I'm late for practice!"

"Okay then, see ya oppa! Good luck for your practice!" I waved while he ran.

"Bye!" He shouted and waved back at me, showing a smile.

I then walked to a nearby convenience store to get a bottle of water. To be honest, that sprint was really intense. I began to head back to CUBE Entertainment building.

Walking through the entrance was fine, but I did not like the idea of getting pushed, or should I say, shoved into the elevator.

I wanted to rage, but however, when I looked up, I just got taken aback at this person's eyes. 

-----