Chapter 5

Our love for roasted chicken...

Jiyoon's POV

His entire face just went flat on my lap and I, of course got a shock. Even my father has never lay his head or anywhere on my lap!

"I'm so sorry about that!!! Really sorry!" The guy that fell on my lap apologized and got up while adjusting his cap.

"... Lee Jinki. What kind of prank are you trying to pull up now?" I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms. 

"Eheheh, please do not blame on Onew, I was the one who pushed him a little too hard till he... fell onto your lap. Really sorry about that, we just wanted to surprise the two of you." Key apologized and explained.

"... Ah... It's okay... But please, don't do that again. It will only embarrass you."

"Anyway, annyeong oppas. I guess the two of you are on your break?" Gayoon greeted and asked.

"Annyeong Gayoon-ssi~ And yes, we are." Onew said.

The four of us continued eating. It was still awkward though, but we chatted about the little things that were most common around us. 

"Do you think we should exchange numbers? I think we are able to make good friends with the two of you." Key suggested.

Gayoon turned and look at me while I did the same. The two of us shrugged a little and accepted the suggestion. We exchanged numbers, nothing would hurt I suppose. Well of course, unless they started spamming.

"Both of our comebacks are around the same period. We could probably see each other backstage sometime." Onew said.

"Yeah, you must not forget to greet and see your oppas!" Key added.

"Haha, alright alright." We promised and laughed a bit. 

After a few minutes, Gayoon and I were done with our meal and decided to leave first. It was still awkward so we decided not to stay any further.

~

"I'm was surprised that those two were there. Of all people..." Gayoon started.

"Yeah, true. This is like my umpteen times seeing Onew at that stall. And this time he brought Key along with him." 

"You mean he is often here?" 

"Yeah, but so am I. We were both dressed up fully, so much so that we could not recognize each other. That is until yesterday."

"Wow... So what happened yesterday?"

"Well... It was really crowded yesterday and I happen to find a seat when I know he is waiting there for the couple to leave. And he confronted me. That was when I knew the voice was really familiar. I invited him to sit down, knowing that I am about to leave the place very soon and he accepted. So we began talking a little and I actually took a little peek at his face and noticed it was really Onew oppa." I explained.

"Clever girl." Gayoon smiled. "Wait wait wait, why did you even sit down? You actually ate another serving of chicken? No wonder you took quite long! And I thought the weight of those chicken slowed you down."

"Eh... Well... You caught me best friend." I smiled.

"Anyway, that stalls sells good and nice chicken anyway. Not surprised if you two chicken maniacs often see each other there."

"Hahahaha."

-----

Onew's POV

"Gayoon just wasted her food. And Jiyoon eats a little too fast for a girl, doesn't she?" Key said after they left.

"Yeah, I was surprised too." I said. "She's really quite an interesting girl. Normally, girls are gentle, sweet, kind... caring..."

"Yeah, like Luna, right?" Key suddenly cut in, almost into a fit of giggles.

"Aw man, why are you mentioning her again?! I swear, that incident was so last century!" I pouted.

Key laughed at my sudden burst out. But seriously, these people do not believe me at all. What should I do to clear my name? Luna was just like another really close sister to me.

"I was just teasing, don't take it to heart, 'kay?" 

"...... Yeah.... sure....."

We got up and left the stall after we were done with our food. We still had to rush back to SM Entertainment to practice again anyway. 

"By the way, didn't I say I will be the one signaling?" I said suddenly.

"About that, I'm still really sorry that I kicked you so hard!" Key apologized.

"Ah well... no problem. It was still funny, we saw their priceless expressions." I smiled.

"Jiyoon looked pissed when you hit her lap by accident." Key smiled back. 

"Well... It was an accident anyway... I can always send a text apologizing countless of times anyway." I said.

Before we know it, we were at our destinations.

-----

Back in CUBE...

"Wow, you two are early. We are not done yet, choreographer oppa gave us another 10 more minutes because delivery came late." Jihyun said.

"Oh I see. BEAST is still in our practice room?" Gayoon asked.

"Yeah. So we will be doing our vocal practices instead for an hour or two." Sohyun replied.

After Jihyun, Hyuna and Sohyun finished their meals, 4Minute went to practice their vocals. And everyday, they just spent their time practicing dance or vocals until the day came for their comeback...

-----

During M! Countdown backstage...

Jiyoon's POV

We left about an hour till the actual show starts. It was our comeback for 'Volume Up' and we were of course nervous as we are performing this song for the first time. We were actually all ready to set off, and now we are just testing our vocals, recalling our dance, and also heading to the washroom here and there.

I have to say I make too many trips to the washroom, and this is my third time having to go again!

So I immediately excused myself and decided to run to the washroom. What the hell was wrong with my systems? Did someone gave me some kind of poison that made me have bladder problems?

I basically ran to the toilet with my heels... And I regretted it. It was a total mistake and embarrassment to myself.

I accidentally fell and landed on the ground with my face flat on the ground. 

A few people who were just passing by helped me up. It was really embarrassing! Thankfully, my leg was still good. Falling in heels is not a joke. 

"You okay, Jiyoon?" A voice behind me was heard while I was trying to stand up.

"Yeah I am." I paused for a second or two and looked behind. "Wait, why are you here?" 

"Comeback, I told you already, right? How can you not know that we are not here? Did you not read the line-ups? It is important, but I think your other members know, hopefully." Onew oppa said.

"Heh... Well, yeah, only my Nam-leader and our manager knew." I said, trying to get my balance and straighten myself. "Anyway, I need the loo, see you soon! And best wishes for your upcoming performance oppa!" I said and immediately rushed to the toilet before he had a chance to say anything.

~~~ After relieving my bladder...~

I received a text message from, surprisingly, Onew.

'Hey, first time texting you... I forgot to say good luck for your comeback! I look forward to your charismatic performance. :)' was what he texted.

I smiled and texted him back, 'Thank you oppa, you too. :D'

It was until the time where we had to stand on stage.

End of Jiyoon's POV

-----

After the performance (backstage)...

Gayoon's POV

This is the first time seeing Jiyoonie so flustered after a performance. I wonder what was wrong...?

I went up to her and tapped her on her shoulder. "Jiyoon-ah, you okay?"

"Y-yeah... I think I am... Just that..." She stammered and hesitated.

"Yah, am I your friend or what? You won't tell me now?" I suddenly raged because she kept something from me. 

We were both the closest among our group. Maybe it was coincidental, but we get along very quickly when Jiyoon first joined CUBE. I was already at CUBE at first, and then she came. We immediately got along, and a few days later, we got informed that we are in the same group and we were both really happy. And then time passed, we really grew and so is our friendship. There were no secrets in between us. 

"Keep it low, Gayoonitt!" She hissed and whispered to me. "Junhyung oppa gave me a huge stun..."

"What? What did he do?"

".... He sent me a text saying 'I love you, Jiyoonie.'" She said, showing me his text. 

My eyes widened and all I could feel is joy emitting from me because my bestie had an admire!

"Wow Jiyoonie!! Congratulations!" I said and squealed a little too loud. I am happy for her, I indeed am. 

However, she did not look pleased.

"Promise me you won't tell the rest... I'm not too sure of my feelings either. And you know, I don't wish to hurt him." Jiyoon said and kept a straight face. There was no hint of excitement, happiness. Not even her eyes tingled.

I nodded and just went to touch up and get some snackss. Weird... Even though Junhyung oppa did text he, the text was still phrased weirdly. Does guys actually confess that way? Way to go, Junhyung oppa!

I took out my phone to text BEAST leader, Doojoon oppa to see if he knows anything.

'Doojoon-ah... Junhyung oppa is in love with our Jiyoonie?' I texted.

I did not expect an immediate reply, but after waiting for about 5 minutes, I gave up. Shrugging it off, I decided to just leave my phone there and joined the girls. He's probably busy.

End of Gayoon's POV

-----

Junhyung's POV

That idiot... Yoseob found out about my... Love and even my password on my phone and sent a freaking text message saying 'I love you, Jiyoonie,' to her! My life is so screwed right now, how on Earth am I going to face her?!

On the other side, I am a little bit happy for myself that Yoseob helped me confessed to her, knowing that I would be a coward in these kind of things... 

But how am I going to face her? Am I going to pretend that I did not send that or I did? Gosh...!!!

"Yah, what's happening? Gayoon said that Junhyung likes Jiyoon?" Our leader, Doojoon shouted from the living room. He just finished bathing.

"It was Yoseob that helped Junhyung confessed to her!" I could hear Kikwang shouting from his room.

"Yeah! And now he is sulking in the room!" Added Dongwoon. 

"Not my fault, I just could not believe that the password on his phone was '지윤' (Jiyoon)! It is just too easy!" Yoseob said.

That moron... He does not make decisions for me! And it is probably too early for me to confess!!! I checked my phone again. No calls, no messages from her. 

Oh man, I think she's going to hate me for life!

-----

Jiyoon's POV

I did not know what to do after receiving the text. I have been stoning recently ever since then. I have not been encountering BEAST or Junhyung oppa; specifically, so I am considered safe. I don't even know if I should face him. Then again, he hasn't been looking for me, it seems. 

I sighed. Never did I know that someone would fall for me. Well, not in this idol world at least...

We were practicing more of 'Volume Up' and I had to make quite number of mistakes these past few days. Damn, I really need to clear this up.

During break time, I tried to look for him. Apparently from what I heard, BEAST is at some practice. But they would not tell me if it is dance or vocals, so I had to exercise my way to find them, just great. There goes my break time.

"On my way to the dance practice rooms, assuming they were there, I stumbled across Hyunseung.

"Hey Hyunseung oppa." I greeted.

"Hello Jiyoon." He greeted back. "What are you doing wandering about here?" 

"Umm... Was looking for Junhyung..."

"Oh, your boyfriend? He should be in practice room 2."

"Oh, no, he is not my boyfriend! Ahhh... But okay, thank you so much, oppa." I bowed and took my leave.

Gosh... I need to clear this up fast.

When I was about to open the door, the door opened and there revealed Junhyung. He looked tensed and his eyebrows furrowed once he saw me.

"Oppa." I said and looked up at him.

"Jiyoonie, don't you have practice? What are you doing here?"

"I do, but I am on break now. I specifically came down to see you." I said.

"Ohh......"

"Could you at least explain the meaning of your last message?" I frowned. How can he be so irresponsible? He did not even look for me, I thought this is what romance novels or movies, or even dramas always do. The guy will be the one to look for the girl... Not unless......

"About that, it wasn't me, I swear. It was Yoseob who took my phone and unlocked my password and sent you that text message..." Junhyung said and...........

I just felt even more depressed for being stressed over the past few days. On top of that, I felt angry at Yoseob for playing that prank. But to top it all, I felt embarrassed.

... Yoseob oppa... He is going to get it from me.

Junhyung's POV

When I saw Jiyoon once I opened the door, I got tensed and was afraid that I screwed up in whatever I said to her.

"Oppa." She started, looking serious.

I began to regain my cool and started to act blur. "Jiyoonie, don't you have practice? What are you doing here?" 

"I do, but I am on break now. I specially came down to see you." She said.

"Ohh......" I know what was coming next. I obviously could not avoid this forever. My head started to spin as I began to think if I should tell her my true feelings or just tell her that Yoseob did that.

"Could you at least explain the meaning of your last message?" She frowned.

I couldn't even process my brain well, so I had to tell her something that was half of the truth, and half of not the truth. "About that, it wasn't me, I swear. It was Yoseob who took my phone and unlocked my password and sent you that text message..." 

And that was the moment I regretted most, I looked at her in the eye and saw a lot of emotions pouring out from her expression...

-----