Interference

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

"Been awhile, hasn't it Tiff?"

"Awhile? Try four years! NOW HUG ME!"

The two shared a nice, content, long, friendly hug that assured both of them that this was indeed real life and not a dream, one each has had many times. They hugged until they were rudely interrupted by an obviously fake cough. They left the embrace slowly and reluctantly, and faced the intruder.

"Jessi, this is my Taeyeon. Taetae, this is my best friend, Jessica."

The intruder introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Kim Taeyeon. It's a pleasure to finally meet you Jessica-ssi."

"I'm Jessica. It nice to meet you too, Taeyeon-ssi. And you don't have to be so polite to me, you are older after all," Jessica greeted back, coldly. Maybe it was because she was being shy or maybe it was and intentional warning. She then plastered on her fake smile, formerly reserved for schmucks and es that were clients, because she felt dissatisfaction from Tiffany as a result of her greeting.

"If that's how you want it to be, Jessica."

 

Somehow, the three were inside a nearby cafe and were waiting for their orders. Jessica had purposefully zoned out from the time they'd finished introductions and settled into the cafe. Now she had to pay attention or risk upsetting the earth angel.

"So, Jessica, Tiffany talks about you quite a lot," an underlying tone of bitterness was there, but Jessica didn't care as long as this midget punk didn't push the envelope, "What is it you actually do? I mean, Pany has mentioned that you're a photographer but surely, that isn't what keeps you afloat, is it?"

'Pany? Gosh you live in the states and still can't pronounce an 'F'?'

"Yeah, I'm a photographer, and yes, it does 'keep me afloat' as you phrased it. I also paint and draw when I get bored, then sell those pieces and they turn up enough to keep the Titanic from sinking again," Jessica retaliated to the obvious jab at her income.

 

The two went back and forth with subtle jabs here and there, feeling each other out as boxers do. Tiffany seemed to not even notice the air of tension surrounding them, dense as ever, since she was eye-smiling happily as her girlfriend and best friend we're basically fighting over dominance like lions in a pack. They would've kept going, had Tiffany not reminded Taeyeon that she had afternoon classes to assist, her job.

 

Now that they were finally, relatively alone, Jessica's chest was released from the tons that she felt were pressing on it. Though she could breathe easily now, she was still far from being okay.

"So Jessi, what do you think?"

"About what?"

"Not what, who. Taeyeon. What do you think?"

"Oh her... Right. Well she's sure something."

'Something I'd like to hit with a car.' Jessica thought.

"Isn't she though? And she hasn't ever hurt me, so you won't have to call those scary people of yours."

"Maybe. The future's yet to come."

 

As much as Jessica disliked Taeyeon, she could tell the woman was sincere about anything concerning Tiffany. Had Taeyeon not been Tiffany's girlfriend, Jessica would've probably liked the dorky, baby-face as a friend.

"Jessi, I'll be right back. I need the ladies room."

"Don't take too long or I'll start thinking weird things."

"Shut up!"

"Nah" 

 

"Yah! Stop eating those chips. I can't hear a thing with you crunching away in my ear"

"We'll I'm sorry that I got hungry with this plan to spy on boss."

"Yah! You two better shut up now or else! Because if we get caught, I'm throwing both of you into HellSica's attack."

"Sorry."

"Yeah, sorry."

"Good. Now stay quiet. And Sooyoung, no more snacks."

 

The three had been following Jessica ever since she hurriedly left after the meeting earlier. Of course, Jessica certainly didn't know that she's been carrying along extra baggage the entire time.

 

Watching Jessica on Juilliard's campus, in front of  a couple. One person from the couple, Sunny is familiar with, but the other is an unknown person. Jessica smiles at the unknown factor. Fake, the Three Musketeers conclude. They've seen their boss give that smile to absolutely awful, but well paying clients. The couple in front of Jessica are both unfamiliar to Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. Though they've heard about Tiffany from Sunny and eavesdropped on some of Jessica's calls, they had never seen her. Not even a photograph. Strange for a photographer.

"Boss's smile is so fake," Sooyoung said quietly.

"Right? And sad, almost," Hyoyeon added.

They listened to the introductions and small talk made as they followed their boss and the couple to a nearby coffee shop, where they sat a few tables away behind some plants (to which they thanked the owner for having). 

 

"YAH!" it seems their conversation was 'a bit' louder than the thought, since they seemed to have disturbed someone.

 

The stalkers looked toward the voice and were about to apologize when they were met with a burningly icey glare. Jessica.

"Are you going to tell my why you're all here making a commotion or am I going to coerce it out of you?"

"We...Uh...Boss?...You drink coffee what a coincidence! We were here, not following you?" the shikshin answered.

Jessica just raised a questioning eyebrow. She didn't buy it. She knew how Sooyoung couldn't lie when under pressure.

Hyoyeon answered, trying to save them from their obviously sinking ship, "You see boss, we wanted to try some good American coffee, came here and here you seem to be."

"If this is really a coincidence, why did you go all the way across town instead of going to the place down the street from the office where we had the meeting in?"

"Uh... We heard about this place from some of the other staff members from the magazine. So, we decided to check it out."

"What's the name of this place?"

"Huh?"

"The name of the cafe, Hyo. What is it?"

"Uhhh...Coffee....Um....Cup?"

"Nice try, but you could've come up with a more interesting name and I might have let it slide, Hyo. You were dozing off during the entirety of the meeting earlier."

"But some of the staff members were talking about a great coffee joint!"

"I'm sure. Within every lie there's a kernel of truth."

 

Turning her attention away from the two liars, Jessica stared straight at Sunny, demanding an answer.

"Unnie, why're you three following me?

"Well, Sica, these two wanted to see Tiffany to put a face to everything they've learned about her. I just wanted to see how your little reunion would go," Sunny explained calmly, like it wasn't a big deal to follow a person for more than two hours.

"In other words, you were all being nosy!" Jessica's voice went up a pitch higher.

"Yes."

"Leave... Now. Right NOW. N.O.W!"

"You know, we were just leaving."

 

After the three had scampered off Jessica walked back to her table, greeted with the sight of Tiffany already back. 

"Who were they?"

"I'll tell you later. Let's go for a walk."

 

______________________________________

A/N: EVERONE PLEASE TRUST ME, THIS IS A JETI FIC. Taeny will be short lived and soon forgotten. They are really only for the plot. I know how you guys feel. My best friend proofreads this for me and she gave me a long lecture about me adding in Taeny. So, please trust this humble author and forgive her for messing up your Jeti feels.

@JessFany293I understand your feelings about Taeny, really. I feel the same, but rest assured, this is a Jeti fic NOT Taeny. Taeny is only to help with the plot.

@monkeymadnessAs I said above, Taeny will only be here shortly and is only here for the plot.

@KalakiMaePlot. There's a reason for everything.   BTW, you're Hawaiian, right?

@jung_princess143-  *waves a white flag* No need to glare. I will fix you're broken Jeti heart.........just, maybe not soon.

@secretcode- as you wish. I thank you for your patronage so far.   :)

@soonyu- Reasons, dear reader.