Stranger Danger

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

Tiffany Hwang is a planner. Not in occupation, but in life. Everything she did, it was part of her plan. Tiffany is very expressive. She smiles a beautiful eye-smile when happy and contorts her face into a frown when angry. This expressiveness is also what helped her convince her father into letting her spend the summer in Paris,  France for a music program, of course. She fought, pouted, and pleaded with her father until he finally gave in, on the basis that it will help her better establish herself as a musician, as per her life plan. She is spending her summer in Paris. The City of Love. For her, the City of Inspiration. 
 
Tiffany is somewhat of a musical prodigy. Unlike other "prodigies", Tiffany has talent and is a hard worker. She plans on using this Parisian experience to draw out of her, the musical composition that will get her into Juilliard. The musical kingdom she has planned on going to ever since her mother first spoke of it. The place of her dreams. She dreamed of Juilliard in the same way that other little girls dreamed of romance and fairy tales. Tiffany didn't have time for foolishness like that, she only had a heart and mind for Juilliard. Not saying though, that she has cast love into another realm, just not now. She's busy. 
 
Tiffany has woken up, right on time, and got ready for the day. Armed with her cello, she went into the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. With a map in hand and cello on back, she decided to spend the rest of the morning exploring what she could of the city, looking for inspiration. Traipsing down the streets of Paris, eyes observing everything within sight, ears alert to the distinct sound that was Paris, Tiffany took her blank score book and scribbled thoughts for her composition. Her eyes found a window revealing a petite blonde girl, probably her age, Korean for sure. She observed the girl's eyes as they wandered about the cafe people watching. As Tiffany watched the girl,  she wrote a melody that she herself wouldn't be able to decipher until later. She did however, know that until her eyes were magnetically fixed on the blonde stranger, her brain had only prompted nonsensical scribbles. Tiffany knew that the inspiration she was looking for in Paris, was literally in Paris in the form of a beautiful blonde. 
 
Quickly snapping out of her thoughts, she followed the blonde onto a bus where the stranger sat by the window and stared boringly out. Tiffany clumsily made her way to the seat next to the blonde, resting her cello snugly in front of her and spoke, "It's a beautiful day isn't it?" She asked a little too loudly, noticing the blonde startle a bit. 
 
"I'm Tiffany Hwang. I noticed that you're Asian too. Korean right?" Tiffany spoke in fluent Korean. 
 
Jessica swiveled her body in her seat and just stared back in wonderment at the girl before her. Was the girl crazy to talk to a complete stranger? Apparently, 'Stranger Danger' did not register with Tiffany's brain, since she just kept looking and smiling at Jessica. 
 
"It is a beautiful day. I'm Jessica."  She answered back in Korean.