Into Your Arms

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

Confused beyond reason, stunned like a deer in headlights, and complete like the Sunday morning cross-word puzzle, Jessica wants to know exactly what it is she is right now. Tiffany had to be here of all places in the world, in Seoul, in front of her? Life certainly was a . Jessica kept up her cold façade, though. She had to protect herself. ‘That’s why I was so intrigued by the redhead. I got that sense of familiarity because she is Tiffany,’ Jessica thought.

Mrs. Jung spoke, “We know who she is, Soojung. You’ve been classmates together for all of your school lives. It’s nice to see the Seos again. How are you Juhyun? Is Soojung still calling you names? Just tell me and I’ll take care of her.”

“A-aniyo, Mrs. Jung. It’s fine. I’ve gotten use to it.”

“It’s most certainly not fine. Soojung!” Mrs. Jung called sternly and faced her youngest, “I told you long ago, not to call Juhyun names. She’s a good girl. Besides, you are too old to be doing that. I mean, you’ve just graduated for crying out loud. Apologize to Juhyun now.”

Her mother scolding her sister is something Jessica missed seeing. Jessica smirked at her sister when the girl bowed her head.

“I am sorry Seo Juhyun for teasing you and calling you names for all of these years!” Krystal spit the words out like they were acid. She didn’t mean it, but Juhyun’s parents were there and she had an image to protect.

“Thank you, President. I got over the name calling a long time ago when I realized that it was just the way you are. I appreciate it though.”

 

Jessica knew that Tiffany was watching her this whole time. She ignored her even though it took much of her self-control. As happy as she was to see the girl she’d been pining over for the last three years, her heart was trumped by the hurt.

 

Tiffany wanted so badly to get Jessica alone so they could talk, but no dice. She wanted to tell her every single thing that she was feeling for three years, but was denied even a glance from the older woman.

 

The Seo and Jung parents were catching up. Seohyun was standing awkwardly next to Krystal trying to think of ways to get over her shyness and start a conversation with Krystal. Krystal was ignoring Seohyun, pleading with her sister through her eyes to help her, but was met only with another smirk. Jeajoong seemed to be making some business call. Tiffany was staring solemnly at Jessica. Jessica was using all of her will power not to look back at the redhead. ‘I want you to look at me, Jessi. I want to be back into your arms,’ Tiffany thought. Soon both families separated and both Jung sisters were relieved.

 

The next day, Jessica had breakfast at her family home and took Krystal to the mall to meet up with her friends. Jessica didn’t want to be bored so she walked aimlessly through the mall thinking about the conversation she had with Jaejoong and Krystal last night. Both the eldest and youngest Jung siblings knew something was wrong with their unnie/dongsaeng, so they cornered her into talking about it in their home library.

“Jessica, what was wrong with you earlier when Mom and Dad were talking with the Seos?” Jaejoong asked bluntly. Jessica froze and tried to get away from her brother and sister muttering about getting ready for bed, at 7 in the evening. Her siblings of course, blocked her and pushed he gently to sit on the couch.

“Nice, oppa! Now you’ve scared her. You didn’t need to be so blunt.” Krystal complained.

“Like you are any better! Just tell us what’s wrong Sica. You told our parents that you’re  okay, but that’s not the case, is it? You owe us an explanation.”

“Okay…Geez oppa. You’re seriously guilt tripping me right now?”

“Yes, because it’s not like I wasn’t affected when you left. You need to remember that you didn’t just leave Mom and Dad, you left Krystal and I as well. All the pressuse was put on me to be the pillar of support for this family when I was also hurting.”

“I’m sorry, oppa,” Jessica averted her eyes to the carpet flooring. I know now that I shouldn’t have run away, but I was an arrogant kid who thought she knew what she was doing was smart.”

Jaejoong lifted her face and spoke softly, “It’s okay now. I felt like I wanted to runaway too, but you beat me too it.”

“Umm, well since you two have cleared that out of the attic, could we get to the issue at hand? I’m dying to know what going on with you unnie.”

“Moment ruiner.”

“Seriously. That was Hallmark Christmas movie material.”

“Okay oppa, Krystal, the reason I was acting weird was because of Tiffany…”

 

She told them the whole from A to Z. It took quite a long time because she was trying to keep her tears at bay. Jaejoong was shocked that his little anti-social sister had a friend and was even in love. Krystal was more angry and had to be calmed down multiple times from her outbursts.

“So what are you going to do now?”

“I don’t know. Spend the summer with you guys and avoid her. She hurt me so much that it hurts to breathe the same air as her.”

“Unnie, do you still love her then?”

“Whose blunt now, Krystal?” Jaejoong teased.

“Okay. We all are. Jung thing, you know? Unnie, are you?”

“I am.” she answered honestly. “But, like I said, it hurts to be around her.”

“You should talk to her, Jessica,” Jaejoong advised. “It has been three years and people change. Maybe you should try to give being friends with her again a chance.”

“Joongie oppa is right. It is the mature thing to do.”

“I will try, but I make no promises. And what are you taking about ‘mature’ Soojung? Don’t think I was going to ask you about what’s going on with you and Juhyun.”

“Oh, that’s right! I meant to ask about that too! Nice, Sica.”

“Nothing is going on between me and Number Two; she annoys me, so I annoy her back, by making fun of her.”

“You know Soojung, little kids normally tease the one they like because they’re not mature enough to express themselves.”

“Jessica is right Krys,. I think you like Juhyun.”

“WHAT?!” the youngest Jung shrilled. “You two have gone certifiably insane! I do not like her in any way.”

 

Jaejoong walked to Krystal and put his hands on her he shoulders comfortingly. “That is denial, my dear youngest sister. You learn to accept it sooner or later. And you never know, Juhyun may like you back.”

Maknae Jung removed her brother’s hands from her shoulders and retorted, “I do not like Seo Juhyun in any romantic way. She is an annoying know-it-all, self-improvement freak, and my enemy since she decided to challenge my position as being ranked Number One in school.”

“Aha! So that’s where the ‘Number Two’ thing came from!” Jessica exclaimed after her revelation. “I though you were literally calling her number two, as in, you know.”

“Okay? Really, Sica? Anyways, Think about this Krystal: Do you really not like her because she challenged your intellect or are you scared because she is the first to reach your level and that intrigues you?”

“Ooohh, good question, oppa! Plus Soojung, you wouldn’t think about someone you hate so much like you do about Juhyun.”

“You two need to stop. I do not like her. I am not intrigued by her. And I do not think about her that often. I could care less about her.”

“If you really don’t care about her, you wouldn’t even make the effort to ignore her, just let her be. Listen, a mind reading bunny once told me, ‘lying, even to yourself, is unbefitting of a princess’. I’m just saying, think about this carefully, Soojung.”

“UGH! You two are impossible! I’m going to bed, goodnight.”

“Night princess!” “Sweet dreams!”

 

Turning to look at each other, the middle and oldest Jung siblings chuckled, “She realize it, right oppa?”

“Yeah, but let’s hope she’s not too late.”

“By the way, who was it that you were really talking to on the phone earlier?”

“Oh you caught me, Sica. That was my girlfriend. You’ll meet her soon, actually you all will.”

 

Jessica stopped walking when a store caught her eye. It was a store that sold only pink items. Naturally, the first thing she though of was Tiffany. The girl, or now woman, was undoubtedly in an obsessed love with the color pink, all shades and in all forms.

 

She remembered when they were in New York shopping together, a mere two days before the incident, and Tiffany had stopped walking and stood looking at the window display. She begged Jessica to buy a certain toy.

“Oh please, Jessi! Oh please, please buy it for me, just this once.”

“You have money, buy it yourself.”

“No, you have to buy it for me. I don’t have enough money on me. I’ll pay you back.”

“Why don’t you just wait until you have the money to buy it?”

“Because it is a limited edition Pimk Totoro’. Limited edition means expensive an sought after, if I don’t get it now, it will be gone when I have the money for it.” Tiffany explained.

“Gezz, Tiff. It’s just a toy.

“No! You don’t understand! Miyazaki Hayao only allowed this Totoro to be made as an anniversary item! It’s PINK, Jessi. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.”

“Fine. Fine.” Jessica walked into the store with a hyper Tiffany trailing behind, yanking on the bottom of her best friend’s shirt. She bought the Totoro, but held it behind her back, away from Tiffany. The pink obsessed girl was pouting, waiting to be given the toy.

“What? You still want this, Tiff?” She held the plushie in front of her stomach, teasing the younger girl.

“YES! Give it,” she demanded and tried murderously to take the doll, but failed.

“‘Give it?’ Way to be rude to the person that bought this for you. I could give this to the that little girl over there that’s been eyeing the window display.”

“NO!... I mean please Jessi, give Totoro to me.”

 

After Jessica smirked at Tiffany’s abrupt bipolar switch, the former mushroom could not take it anymore and pounced on Jessica, knocking her down. Straddling Jessica, Tiffany took the toy from the rendered useless girl and hugged it while mimicking the little girl’s line from ‘Despicable Me’ of ‘it’s so fluffy!!!’ The girl below was more embarrassed than happy, though she was happy. Jessica was blushing like mad and pushed Tiffany off of her and stood up. Jessica helped Tiffany up, but she was no longer squealing about the fluffiness of the toy, she was looking at something with her eyebrows furrowed. Jessica followed the other’s line of sight and saw the same little girl she was talking about earlier, but crying. Though Tiffany was by no means good with kids, uneasy actually, she walked up to the child and gave her, her brightest eye-smile kneeling before the girl and patted her head. The little girl looked up, confused.

“Can you tell unnie why you are crying?”

“My…Totoro was…taken by some…other kids at school…Daddy gave it…to me for…my birthday last year.” The little girl sputtered out while crying.

“I’m sorry. If you want, unnie will give you hers…” Tffany said unsure of herself.

“Aniyo, unnie. That is yours and I can’t take it.”

“You wouldn’t be taking it, unnie is giving it to you, like a gift. Okay? What’s your name?”

“Lee Jieun-imnida. Unnie are you sure?”

“Unnie is very sure. Here.” Tiffany handed Jieun the Totoro and smiled her best again. Jieun wiped her face clear from any remaining tears and happily received the Totoro.

“Kowamayo unnie! Ah, what’s your name?”

“Oh, I didn’t say? I’m Miyoung unnie. And you’re welcome Jieun-ah. I want you to take extra care of him because unnie also got him as a gift.”

“Miyoung unnie” Jieun repeated three times. “Who gave you Totoro?”

“That unnie over there.” Tiffany pointed at Jessica who awkwardly waved back to the two.

“Miyoung unnie, how could a scary looking unnie like that give you a gift?” Jieun asked like id was the most amazing thing.

“Hehehe, she’s not scary like she looks. Jieun-ah, that unnie is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. She’s nice when you get to know her,” Tiffany said be fore she meronged Jessica.

“People can be like that?! Wow unnie!?

“Haha, yes the can. That just means you can’t make assumptions about people based on how the look because it’s what’s on the inside that counts.”

“Inside, not outside. Got it Miyoung unnie!” Jieun smiled brightly to Tiffany and then waved to Jessica, still smiling.

“Alrighty Jieun-ah, we should get you back to your Appa. He’s probably worried about you. Unnies will take you.” Tiffany gestured for Jessica to come over.

“Jieun, this is Sooyeon unnie. Sooyeon, this is Jieun-ah.”

“Hello Sooyeon unnie! It’s nice to meet you!”

“Ah…Nice to meet you to, kid.”

“It’s Jieun, Jessi”

“Right, it’s nice to meet you Jieun.” Jessica tried her best to smile nicely, but she just looked like she was in pain.

“Sooyeon unnie, why do you smile weird? It’s like you ate something bad and your tummy hurts.”

“Y-yah! I only smile like that when I first meet a person. I get nervous, kid.”

“But I’m just a kid. You shouldn’t be nervous around a kid ‘cause you are older.”

“I’m just shy, okay? Gosh kid, let’s go find your parents.”

“Jessi, be nice.”

“I am.”

“Be nicer.”

“You!”

“I’m always nice.”

“Meh, maybe in your mind!”

“Yah! You call that being nice?”

“I thought you meant to the kid, not you.”

“Ugh, whatever. Come on Jieun, let’s go find your Appa.”

“Ne!” Tiffany walked off holding Jieun’s hand leaving Jessica alone for a minute.

“Wait, Tiff! You’re both walking too fast!”

“Ignore the scary unnie, Jieun. She’s afraid of sweating.”

“Okay unnie” Jieun giggled an answer while searching for he father. “Oh there’s Appa. APPA!” Jieun called and he father ran to her scooping her into his arms. Jieun’d father thanked Tiffany for taking care of his daughter. Tiffany and Jessica parted from Jieun happily.

 

The pink princess and sleepy princess were sitting in the food court resting. Jessica was complaining that she was too tired and needed a break.

“That was nice of you, Tiff.”

“What? Oh, Jieun you mean. Well, like I said, I am always nice.”

“Yeah, yeah. So full of yourself. Here. Jessica picked up one of her bags and pushed it across the table to Tiffany.

“What is this?”

“Open it and you’ll know. Duh.”

Tiffany opened the bag and was greeted by a smiling pink Totoro.

“Oh my, Jessi… You shouldn’t have! One was expensive enough, you didn’t have to buy another one. Return it, Jessi. That’s too much of your money wasted on me. I can’t accept this.”

“I’m not returning it. It’s yours now, do with it what you will.”

“But…Jessi…Fine.” Tiffany relented and pouted her adorable pout that melted Jessica’s heat all over again. She got up and hugged Jessica.

“Thank you, Jessi.”

“I’ll buy you anything if it will lead me into your arms.” Jessica returned the hug warmly.

 

Jessica must have been standing in front of the store for a while because a confused store employee was waving her hand in front of her face. Jessica smiled awkwardly and tired to walk away, but ended up walking into somebody. She muttered a ‘sorry’ and tried to leave again, only to be pulled back by a girly, but firm grip on her wrist. “Tiffany?” she asked slowly and lowly when she saw the person whom had been holding her back.

“Hi, Jessi. Would you mind if we have a talk?"

 

_________________

A/N: The title is a song by The Maine. Not quite happy with this chapter seeing as I wrote it while on my pain meds because I had my teeth surgery today. I might rewrite this, but I'm not sure because I am a lazy girl. Thank you for reading.      : )