Phase 1

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

Jessica got to her apartment that she almost forgot was actually Krystal's. Almost because she walked in and blindly did the procedures of securing the place, sat on the couch and was greeted by a pillow to her face. Krystal had thrown it to get her attention. She thinks actions speak louder than words. Jessica grabbed the pillow and threw it back glaring at the teenager. 
"The hell was that for?!"
 
"You had this stupid look on your face an I wanted to help you get rid of it. Jungs aren't stupid people." The baby Jung explained like it was simple math. 
 
"You could've said something you little punk!"
 
"Little punk? Someone's hanging around Sunny unnie too much," she joked. "By the way, you saw her today, right? How is she?"
 
"She's fine. Better than fine actually, happily in love."
 
"In love with who?"
 
"It's whom. And Taeyeon. Tiff's ex."
 
"Oh wow. That's certainly a surprise. Speaking of happily in love, is that what's going on with you?" 
 
"Nice segway. And yes, I am in love. You are too, you just won't admit it." Jessica smirked at her sister. 
 
"I'm not in love, stupid. Fill me in on the details!"
 
"You are. I had my first date with Tiff. It was amazing! I met her at this small college that she's teaching some classes for and then I took her back to her place to change out of her working clothes. Oh my gosh did she look so hot..."
 
 
Krystal listened patiently as Jessica drones on and on about her date. She slightly wished that she hadn't asked because it was taking too long, but then she didn't when she looked at her sister's face. Jessica was the happiest she'd ever been in her life and Krystal knew it was because of Tiffany. The maknae Jung was happy to see her sister happy, something that she'd rarely seen when they were kids. 
 
******
In Tiffany and Seohyun's apartment, the same explanation was going on between the two cousins. Seohyun, unlike Krystal was listening patiently and intently to her unnie talk about her date. She was happy that Tiifany finally got to be with the one she loved. Seohyun had seen her unnie in the throws of depression for the last three years. It was about time Tiffany got to be happy again. Tiffany happy meant eye-smiles and eye-smiles meant a contagious happiness that no one could resist.
 
******
After Jessica finally finished her narrative, Krystal took the chance to comment. 
 
"That was an adorably cute date you had there unnie. It makes me want to vomit puppies and rainbows and butterflies."
 
"I don't need your sarcasm, Krys. I would hit you again, but I'm still to elated so I'll let it slide. I'm going to bed. You should too. I heard that your skin cells regenerate at a certain time."
 
"I'm on vacation, I'll go to sleep whenever I want. And I don't care what that goguma lover says about skin cells." Krystal said as she went back to watching tv. 
 
Getting up and retreating to the hallway just in case, Jessica teased, "Goguma lover? Are you by chance talking about Juhyun? Oh but my dearest sister, I didn't mention anyone's name. Why were you thinking of her specifically?"
 
Krystal threw the same pillow at her sister, but missed since Jessica was already too far into the hallway. "I wasn't thinking of her!" she exclaimed. 
 
******
"Wow unnie! That was such a cute date. I'm so happy for you."
 
"Thanks Seo! I'm so happy I don't think I'll be able to sleep."
 
"Oh no. Unnie you should sleep. Remember what I said about your skin cells? Oh! And you must thank Jessica unnie for getting us groceries. I meant to do that today but I got side tracked."
 
"I know, I know. I will thank her for you Seobaby, don't worry." Tiffany said with a thumbs up sign. She wiggled her eyebrow teasingly at her cousin, "Side tracked? What could get my dongsaeng's head out of her books. A certain baby Jung, maybe?"
 
Seohyun blushed and looked away from her unnie. She wasn't going to lie, but she was too embarrassed to look Tiffany in the eye. "A-ah neh, unnie. I ran into Krystal today at the mall. She made me stay with her and carry her bags since her friends didn't show up."
 
"Seobaby, even if you like her, I don't approve of her using you like some pack mule."
 
"It was okay, really. She only had me carry two small bags. Krystal was actually carrying most of them."
 
"Ah... All those Jungs are so chivalrous."
 
"Neh!" Seohyun answered a little to quickly. "I mean, Krystal took the bus with me all the way here to send me home."
 
"I see. Well I think things will be looking up for you two pretty soon. I'm going to lay down now. Goodnight Seobaby."
 
"Goodnight unnie," she responded.  Seohyun remained seated on the couch and thought about Tiffany's words. "Looking up?... For the two of us?... Krystal and I?... Ah how confusing. I'm just going to go to sleep. And Seohyun went to go prepare herself for bed. 
 
******
Basking in her ethereal feelings, Jessica could not will herself to sleep. Not that she wanted to. No, not tonight. She was too elated to go to sleep. Jessica was replaying the entirety of her day spent with Tiffany in her head like a movie reel. 
Then, her cell phone rang. She scrambled to pick it up, hoping it would be her angel. It was. 
 
"Hey Tiff."
 
"Hi Jessi."
 
"Why're you calling so late? You have to work tomorrow."
 
"I know. I just wanted to hear your voice one more time before I went to sleep. I thought it would calm my heart down, but it seems to have only made it beat even faster. You do that to me."
"You do the same thing to me. I was going to call you first, but I thought you would be sleeping. You should be sleeping."
 
"I know, but I really wanted to hear your voice."
 
"Love, as much I love to hear your voice too, you need your sleep almost as much as I do." she joked.
 
"Okay, okay. I'll hang up now. Goodnight, Jessi."
 
"Goodnight, Tiff."
 
"..."
 
"..."
"Hang up." 
 
"You hang up."
 
"You."
 
"No, you."
 
"Gosh Jessi. This is so stereotypical."
 
"You started it."
 
"Okay. I'm really going to hang up."
 
"Okay. Goodnight Tiff and dream sweet dreams of my hotness"
 
"Yah! Jessi~ goodnight and sweet dreams to you."
 
Jessica hung up. She had to force herself to hang up against her will. She knew that Tiffany wouldn't do it. 
 
 
After an hour or so of giggling to herself, Jessica finally drifted to sleep. 
 
******
 Tiffany was sad that Jessica actually hung up on her because she was hoping they would keep going for a while longer. She knew that Jessica was right however, she had to teach in the morning and she needed sleep for that. 
 
******
Awaking from a decent sleep at noon the next day, was a one Miss Jung Jessica. She was still on her proverbial high from last night's date so, she didn't mind that Krystal woke her up rather rudely. The younger Jung stripped her sister of her covers and took all the pillows as well. Jessica went through her morning (it really should be afternoon) routine. 
 
 
She and Krystal went to a cafe by their apartment for lunch. The younger Jung seemed rather distracted. Her face contorted while looking at her phone. Jessica was slightly concerned. She reached over the table and shook her sister lightly by her arm. 
"Hey kid, what's wrong."
 
"Nothing." Krystal responded with the trademark Jung iciness. 
 
"Don't be like that to me. I'm your unnie. Tell me~."
 
"Ugh fine!" She relented. Krystal never could stand her sister's aegyo for too long. Once was enough. "That Number Two invited me to the amusement park on Saturday."
 
"Awww. Juhyun's got guts! Why are you acting like it's a bad thing?"
 
"It is a bad thing! I don't want to go to the stupid amusement park. It's stupid and crowded and hot. And with that Number Two of all people."
 
"You really need to get a grip on your feelings, Krys." Jessica knew her sister had only been to the place once with her friends and vowed to not go again for the reasons the younger had just stated. But she just had a lightbulb moment. "You will go because you love her."
 
"I. Do. Not. Love. Seo. Juhyun." she enunciated each word. She's tired of hearing this from her sister. 
 
"Yes you do, but I'm getting away from myself. Why did she ask you if hate her so much? No sane person would want to spend the day with someone that hates them."
 
"She said that I still owe her for her covering for me when I went to go get you."
 
"Just go. Tiff and I will go with you kids to help you out a little."
 
"Why? I could just tell her I'm going and I'll meet her here but never show up."
 
"Stop it Soojung. That's cruel, even for you. You said that you will make it up to her. Honor your words. You're a Jung and we don't lie."
 
"Ugh really? Pulling the Girl Scout card in me?"
 
"Just go with the girl. Who knows, maybe you'll actually like it."
 
"Unlikely, the person I hate in a place I. I'll go because I don't want to be seen as a liar." 
 
"Good girl Soojung" Jessica pat her sister's head like a dog. 
 
"Whatever. I'm not a dog. Stop." Krystal growled. 
 
 
******
"Umm Tiffany unnie?" Seohyun called out to her unnie from the kitchen. 
 
 
They were supposed to be eating breakfast together but Tiffany was taking, as usual, forever to pick out her outfit. Seohyun got tired of waiting and Tiffany told her to go ahead and start eating. 
 
"Yes, Seo?" Tiffany said as she emerged from her room in black slacks and a light pink dress shirt. She sat down and began to eat the food that her beloved younger cousin made. 
 
"Well unnie... I was... I have these tickets that I won from a radio contest about goguma for the amusement park and I wanted to know if you wanted them? For you and Jessica unnie."
 
"That's sweet, but you should use those for yourself. Take a friend. Or your crush? The baby Jung."
 
"I thought about that, unnie, but the president wouldn't go with me even if I had the courage to beg. So you should just take them unnie."
 
"Don't say that. I have an idea. Just listen first and tell unnie if you like it or not, okay?"
 
"Neh unnie."
 
"You said the Krystal had you cover for her when he left to go find Jessica, right? She probably still owes you for that so, mention that when you ask her."
 
"Uhh... It might work unnie. Just a moment. I'll text her because I think my voice will escape me if I try to call."
 
Seohyun punched in the message, not forgetting to type it as politely as possible. Then the cousins waited for a response for almost a half an hour. When it came Seohyun squealed in delight, much like her unnie did, and read the message out loud. "I'll go, but my sister wants to go with Tiffany as well. Saturday at 9. We'll pick you two up. Don't make me wait, Number Two."
 
"Omo! Unnie I'm so excited. But I'm also nervous as well. Eottokke?!"
 
"Woah calm down. You have two and a half mor days to prepare yourself. You'll be fine. Plus Jessi and I will be there to help you if you need it"
 
"Oh thank you unnie! I don't think I will be able to make through Saturday without you."
 
"Hehe you're welcome, Seobaby. It's what unnie is here for. I'm off to work. Take care of yourself. I'll make dinner tonight."
 
"Neh. Bye unnie."

 

____________________________

A/N: Rather short, I think, but I had to write it up as soon as it came to me. I was listening to the song 'waterfall' by Sungha Jung on repeat the entire time. I love it. And OMFG! Guys, Pierce the Veil just released their tour dates today and they're coming here in April!!! Asdfghjklkjhfddsajdkglh I'm already stoked for it

kryseo "date" (used very liberally)  and another Jeti date next! Thank you for reading.   :)