part three: arguments

Baby Steps

part three - arguments

[x]

 

 

“ZHANG YIXING! HURRY UP, WILL YOU?!”
 


Yixing zips his bag angrily. Kai just texted Luhan that he and Kyungsoo are going to the gas station and Kyungsoo called and mentioned something about the car ran out of fuel and Kai wanted to buy snacks, so they probably would be back in thirty minutes. Those two haven’t arrived yet Luhan is already ranting about Yixing being a slow . Still annoyed, Yixing just sits right there on his already made-up bed and straightens his left leg. They can drown and die together, he bitterly thinks, those brats can run around the beach and chasing each other like there is no tomorrow.
 


Me? I’m obviously going to be left out. The singer sighs. Vacation for my sake? Psh, they think I don’t know. What can I do at beach in this condition? I only have right leg. Swimming? Nope. Snorkeling? Psssh. Playing water sports? Nada. Sit alone in the dark and suffer? Perhaps.
 


The boy doesn’t aware of tears that is already flowing from his eyes. It keeps flowing and flowing until Yixing can’t breathe properly. He chokes a stifled sob and unfortunately for him, it doesn’t go unnoticed by Luhan. The older of the two has his hand on the door knob, ready to open it any time and yell why Yixing hasn’t came out. But he stops on his track, because he hears a cry. It can’t be someone else, because that is Yixing’s room and the room is currently occupied.
 


It is Yixing crying.
 


“Xing…?”
 


The said boy hurriedly wipes his cheeks and eyes with the back of his hand. Luhan swats his hand away and cups his face. Yixing’s face is whiter than milk and his eyes are bloody red. It can be mistaken as bleeding if tears don’t come out from his eyes. Luhan’s face softened at the sight. For his entire life he has known the younger boy, he never saw him cry. Even once.
 


Yixing has always been strong; tougher than any man. Even when he lost his leg, he didn’t cry a single tear. He bears it all. For whose sake…?
 


The answer is for Luhan’s sake. Yixing is being strong for Luhan. Albeit Luhan is older, his heart is fragile, so glass-like. Yixing has seen Luhan breaks down in tears for plenty of times, but never the other way round. Luhan never realize that Yixing’s heart is even more fragile than his.
 


“Don’t comfort me,” Yixing’s voice comes out deadly sharp that it startles Luhan. “Don’t go near me.”
 


Luhan frowns as he takes a sight of his best friend, no scratch that, his brother.
 


“You never want me,” Yixing continues when the older doesn’t respond, “you only pity me. I’m disabled. No one has truly cared about me. Gah, maybe no one ever will. I’m not wanted. You take me to the beach only to make me feel left out and suffer from loneliness, don’t you?”
 


A hard slap is thrown across Yixing’s face. Luhan slaps him. On the face. For the first time, he’s genuinely angry at Yixing.
 


“Why did you say that?”
 


“It’s true.”
 


“IT’S NOT TRUE, YOU ER!” Luhan stands up, only to meet Yixing’s surprised face. “YOU AREN’T UNWANTED! I CARE ABOUT YOU! SO DOES KAI, KYUNGSOO, BAEKHYUN, SEHUN AND EVERY SINGLE WALKING PERSON IN THIS PLANET. HECK, I EVEN LOVE YOU! LIKE MY OWN LITTLE BROTHER! WHAT THE GAVE YOU THAT IDEA, HUH? WHY DID YOU THINK NO ONE CARED ABOUT YOU?! BECAUSE YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LEG? DO YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING? I DON’T GIVE A ABOUT IT! I DON’T CARE YOU’RE DISABLED OR YOU HAVE TONS OF ACNES OR YOU EVEN HAVE TAIL, I DON’T CARE!”
 


Luhan lets out heavy pants after said them all. He knows that Yixing is actually holding kind of a burden in his heart. But since the younger never said anything about it, Luhan kept quiet all the time. For the first time, Luhan cracks.
 


“I’d still love you, Xing…”
 


The last sentence makes Yixing’s heart ache so badly. Luhan finally calms down and he takes a step closer to Yixing who is in verge of heavy tears. “Come here,” he wraps his arms around Yixing’s lithe body. As the younger cries his eyes out once again, Luhan his back and hair.
 


“We’re ba—YIXING WHY ARE YOU CRYING?” Kyungsoo gasps, then his wide eyes are directed to Luhan, “OMG LUHAN WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!”
 


Luhan grins sheepishly as he lets go of Yixing who has stopped crying. “Err slap him on the face and scream at him?”
 


Before Kyungsoo can murder Luhan with anything close distanced he can grab (well Kyungsoo managed to almost kill Junmyeon with a spatula when the older made a mess in his holy kitchen), Yixing tells him what happens. Kyungsoo’s nose crinkles when Yixing recites Luhan’s lines perfectly. “So,” Yixing breathes out, “that’s what actually happens.” Kyungsoo frowns.
 


“Zhang Yixing you better not lying right now because if this moron here did hurt you…” Kyungsoo’s voice fades out. Luhan flinches.
 


“He tells the truth, okay?” Luhan says. “I didn’t do anything.”
 


Yixing scoffs, as if it’s going to help, “Yes, a hard slap and ear piercing scream are much appreciated, by the way.”
 


“YIXING!”
 


Kyungsoo sighs, half in relief, because this way he knows they are good and he doesn’t have to worry about them (read: those foolish baby-faced Chinese boys) anymore. “Stop the war for a minute, will you? Kai is probably fuming in his car, thinking why we all aren’t coming down,” Kyungsoo says.
 


“Now I’m confused who’s Kai’s boyfriend for real,” Yixing mutters.
 


“It’s me!” Luhan yelps in shock, “Kyungsoo you did not—“
 


“GUYSSSSSS!” Kyungsoo shrieks at his best friend’s behaviour. “Okay seriously I don’t want to continue this stupid thing. Yixing, go grab your bag real quick and let’s go, alright?”
 


Kyungsoo stomps in front of the Chinese boys, mumbling curses every now and then. Yixing grabs his crutch and Luhan takes over the younger’s bag. “Thanks,” Yixing uttered. Luhan just smiles and proceeds to snicker at Kyungsoo who is pouting and muttering Idiot at him.
 


“Come on, Soo,” Luhan laughs, “I was just kidding.”
 


“Not funny,” Kyungsoo snaps.
 


Luhan walks next to him and starts nuzzling to the younger’s neck. “I’m so sorry! C’mon owl princess! You know I wuv you…”
 


“I don’t wuv you too, by the way,” Kyungsoo chides, “and why the hell is your Korean so broken.”
 


“Pretty please?” Luhan begs, pulling off his cutest puppy eyes. Kyungsoo sighs as Luhan clings onto him like koala. Yixing, watching from behind them, giggles.
 


“Shut up, Barbie,” Kyungsoo mutters. Half-cursing the older in, maybe, Japanese about why he can be so damn cute.
 

 

“YAY!” Luhan shouts as he kisses Kyungsoo’s cheek and neck. “I love you, princess!”
 

 

“OMG, it’s gross! Get off me, you !” Kyungsoo yelps as he pries the older off him.
 


Luhan’s jaw drops and he pouts in the most adorable way Yixing has ever seen. “WHY? You don’t like my kiss? Kai-bear said I’m an amazing kisser!”
 


“I don’t care what the er told you, Lu, but please I have a boyfriend!” Kyungsoo groans.
 


“Umm guys?” Kai calls in an awkward tone. He’s watching the trio from his car, window rolled down. He’s probably seen his boyfriend kissing his best friend which causes him a huge shock.
 


Yixing throws his bag to the seat and starts crawling in, ignoring the series of protests coming from Kyungsoo’s mouth and Luhan’s. “Just ignore them, Kai,” he huffs, “they’re idiots.”
 


Kai laughs at that. “At least they’re so rainbow-y.”
 


Yixing raises an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”
 


Kai shrugs as he watches his boyfriend and best friend continue to bicker like five year olds. “Colourful,” he simply states, “I don’t know what it’s supposed to mean, but… I don’t know. You’re just… colourless, Yixing. You’re only consisted of black and white, sometimes grey, the combination of both. You’re like an unfinished drawing.”
 


Kai’s words sting a bit, but Yixing tries to ignore the slight pain in his heart.
 


The word seems like echoing in his ear. Colourless.

 

============

a/n: chapter three is up! i'm sorry if it =D and actually i want to thank ephemero ! i wuv you~~~~ <3 dear readers, please do comment! and subscribe or upvote. anything! oh how i wish to squish each one of you and send Kray to your houses.

until next time, hunnies,

12flawlessidiots