part two: plan

Baby Steps

part two: plan

[x]

 

 

Beach?

 

Yes, beach. Minseok repeats.

 

Why beach? You don’t like beaches, do you?

 

Minseok rips a paper and put it on his lap. I still don’t like beach. But you do, right? I just wanted to take you somewhere. You’ve been a bit distracted lately.

 

Reading Minseok’s reply, Kris cracks a smile. Thanks, Baozi.

 

Minseok smiles back, patting the younger’s arm.

 

Jongdae appears from his bedroom and practically jumps on Minseok, showering him with small kisses. Kris smiles and nods at Jongdae when Jongdae bids him good morning.

 

As Minseok and Jongdae are engrossed in a conversation of cruise ships and seafood, Kris silently retreats to his room. He plops down onto the soft surface of his bed and sticks out an arm to reach a worn-out journal that is hidden under his pillow. He literally can’t tell anyone about how he feels or thinks so he secretly spills them to his journal. It’s a journal, not a diary, Kris will say so.

 

He grabs a pen and leans his back on the wall, crossing his legs so he can put the book onto them. Without hesitation, he writes,

 

June 27, 2012

Wednesday

07:40 AM

 

I am sometimes Kris Wu, or sometimes Li Jiaheng if I feel like to be. I’m 22 and majoring in English Literature at a certain university in South Korea. I’m deaf and also cannot speak since birth.

 

Today Minseok and I got caught exchanging memos during a class. I never got a detention before so it felt a bit scary. Professor Kyuhyun is really scary to be honest. Minseok couldn’t stop cold-sweating.

 

Nothing really interesting other than the previous incident. I got to meet my old friends—my old friends who are willing to accept me the way I am, since not all of my friends are accepting me.

 

Honestly, I can’t see why they hate me. I won’t listen to lies concerning them and I won’t speak lies to them. I’m 100% harmless. So what’s there to hate me?

 

Okay maybe my face is why. It’s not my fault I have -face mode on 24/7.

 

I know they’re just disappointed at the fact I can’t reply them back. I always have to write something down to get them a response. Or occasional smiles and nods and shrugs. Silly, but I think my condition is like experiencing unrequited love. They talk to me but I don’t talk back. They love me but I don’t love them back.

 

Wait, it’s really weird. Eww.

 

What’s wrong with me, I have never been like this before.

 

I’m just hoping that there will be someone who will accept me the way I am, love me the way I am, and thankful of the way I am. I don’t want to be something existing but they ignore, something they think space wasting. I want to be loved.

 

I am iridescent, I am colorful, and I want to color someone’s life.

 

I hope there will be someone colorless who is willing to be colored by me.

 

Someone who doesn’t mind walk me to love.

 

***

From: Luhan

Pack your things. I’ll be over in ten.

 

From: Yixing

??

Why do I need to pack my things?

… Are you kidnapping me?

 

From: Luhan

Moron.

 

Yixing chuckles at Luhan’s reply. But he is genuinely confused, though. Last night Luhan was sleeping at Kai’s and suddenly the next morning he texted Yixing to pack his things. It can’t be… vacation?

 

Yes, it can’t be vacation.

 

Why? Because today is Monday and the deadline is getting nearer and they have to attend class today and—

 

“ZHANG YIXING!”

 

I thought he said ten, not ten minus eight equals two.

 

Luhan jumps on Yixing and startles him to the point his heart nearly stops beating. The older only beams at his friend who threats to punch him with his crutch. “What the hell, Luhan! Did your parents not teach you to knock first before entering people’s room?!” Yixing yelled, smacking Luhan’s lithe body with a nearest pillow.

 

Luhan’s laughter is replied with Yixing railing against him. Yixing childishly folds his arms and looks away, stabbing the innocent wall with his murderous gaze. Well Yixing does hate it when people enter his room without knocking first. Because the first person to enter his room without knocking is Chanyeol and—I guess you already know what happens.

 

“Have you packed your things?” Luhan asks, ignoring the clear annoyance written all over Yixing’s face.

 

“Not yet,” he mumbles, “because I just got your freaking text and two minutes later you freaking jumps on me and nearly makes my heart stop beating.”

 

“Ouch,” Luhan fakes a pain on his chest, his tiny hands clutching onto the fabric of his clothes on the chest part. “Stop exaggerating, Yixing. And I have sent the message thirty minutes ago, why do you read it just now?”

 

“I didn’t realize there’s a message coming in. That’s not my fault either; you know I tend to ignore my phone when I’m working. Unlike you.”

 

“I always check my phone in case there’s an emergency call or message,” Luhan defends himself.

 

“Hmf, you think I don’t know you’re sending dirty messages to your boyfriend?”

 

Luhan blushes at Yixing’s confessions. “How did you—and why did you hack my phone?!”

 

“I did not hack your phone—and I think you get the term wrong—you didn’t even lock it up. Your mother called me; asked me if your phone was dead because you didn’t answer her calls. I just checked if your phone was really dead.”

 

Luhan groans and buries his face on the pillow. “You didn’t have the right to read my messages!”

 

Yixing rolls his eyes. “Same goes to you. I know you hacked my e-mail, sending weird pictures to my friends.”

 

“It wasn’t me! It was Chanyeol. He asked me if he could know your e-mail’s password because he needed to do… something.”

 

“Still, you cooperated. You could’ve asked me first. It’s my e-mail, you dolt.”

 

“I’m sorry, okay? I won’t do that again. Promise.”

 

Yixing sighs. “Fine.”

 

Luhan jumps (again) in joy and hugs the crap out of poor Yixing. The younger is squished and he needs to get away from this bear before his lungs get crushed. “Luhan—can’t—breath—gosh,” Yixing chokes heavily. Luhan immediately let go of his friend and grins sheepishly.

 

“Sorry, pal,” he says, “by the way, go pack your things! Quick!”

 

“I have a question. Where are you going to take me? Because if you’re planning to kidnap me, I’m so going to call the police—“

 

It’s Luhan’s turn to roll his eyes. “I’m not going to kidnap you, Sir. Kai and I just thought that you need a vacation.”

 

“I’m not that frustrated.”

 

“Sure you are,” Luhan scoffs, “just pack a few clothes and towel, will you? Kai is waiting outside and Kyungsoo is going with us too. Don’t make them wait!”

 

Yixing sighs in defeat. He takes his crutch and put it under his armpit. As he shuffles to his drawer, he grabs a bag and starts stuffing it with clothes and a dry towel. “Need help?” Luhan offers. He stares at Yixing and the younger stares back.

 

“No, thanks,” Yixing replies. “Where are we going, then?”

 

“To a beach Kai took me to a few weeks ago. It’s really beautiful.”

 

“Beach?”

 

Luhan nods eagerly as he repeats the word with much enthusiasm. “Beach.”