A shoulder to cry on

Heart

 

Everyone needs a shoulder to cry on

everyone needs a friend to rely on

When the whole world is gone

you won't be alone cause I'll be there

“Appa” Baekhyun stops on his track and looks down to the little boy who holding his hand. The little boy is around 7 years old. He smiles to him and points his free hand to ice cream parlor. Baekhyun chuckles and nods his head.

“Thank you, appa. You’re the best” He beams happily.

“Everything for you, Kevin” Baekhyun pats his head softly.

Kevin and Baekhyun run to the ice cream parlor. Actually, Kevin drags him to go there faster. When they arrive at their destination, Kevin already picks what he wants.

“Three scoops?” Baekhyun shakes his head when Kevin gets his ice cream. Kevin just nods happily.

“You know your Daddy really hate sweet things” Kevin just sticks his tongue out and shrugs.

Kevin is playful kid, he is inherited his father features and obviously his evil side. He is ball of energy who likes to make Baekhyun and everyone who close enough to him feel annoyed also happy at same time.

They sit in the bench that is in front of basketball field. They watch teenagers play basketball.

“3 on 3” Kevin says excited. His ice cream is already gone, yes he doesn’t need minutes to eat ice cream just give him seconds and you will amazed or amused at same time.

“I miss play basketball with daddy” Kevin whispers. Kevin now sits in Baekhyun’s lap. He hugs backing his little boy.

“Appa is here. We can play together till daddy gets here and play with you” Baekhyun asks.

“Really?” Kevin turns his head to see Baekhyun. Kevin smiles really wide and shows his pearl teeth.

“Ehm …” Baekhyun nods. Kevin jumps and drags Baekhyun to the field. The teenagers are lying around. They seem really tired after played. Baekhyun asks them if he can borrow their ball.

“Sure, hyung” One of them replies. Baekhyun isn’t good player, not good in real fact you can’t deny.

The teenagers break into laughter. Baekhyun is really miserable, terrible, and horrible when it comes to sport.

He tries to get the ball from Kevin who plays cleanly. No doubt he is Kris’ boy after all.

“Hei, kiddo. Play with me” The boy that borrowed his ball earlier stands up and walks toward them. Baekhyun let those two plays. He sits and watches them with the other boys who still lay on their back.

Baekhyun feels his phone buzzes. Oh Kris….

Baeki, where are you two?

Baekhyun looks around. Even though he lives here for long time, he doesn’t really know about the environment. He loves to spend his time on his studio make new design for fashion run away events or everything about clothing.

I don’t know, but don’t worry. We are safe and sound :)

Baekhyun laughs at his head.

I love you, guys. Just make sure you’ll be safe and sound. I need you in my life.

Flashback

Kris was waiting Baekhyun to finish his choir practice. Kris watched his wristwatch, Baekhyun almost done. Baekhyun was Kris first friend in Korea. He had transferred from China along with his two Chinese friends Zitao and Lay. Baekhyun was two years younger than him. They were roommate, Kris didn’t know why he should live under same roof with annoyed boy, but he couldn’t protest because their room arrangement was something that impossible to change. Same like this time, he was waiting for Baekhyun unwillingly because he lost his own key somewhere. He had no clue where the key was missing. If he knew, he wouldn’t be here in the first place.

“Hyung” Baekhyun beamed happily when he saw Kris.

“Are you waiting for me?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yes” Kris said bluntly.

Baekhyun kept talking, talking, and talking that made Kris lost his patient.

“Byun Bacon Baekhyun, could you stop rambling? It’s painful 18 minutes 34 seconds to hear you rambling about everything that I have no interested in. So just shut your mouth up” Kris said sharply.

“You’re so mean, hyung” Baekhyun huffed. Kris shook his head, he asked for Baekhyun’s key. Baekhyun smiled evilly.

“Catch me if you can” Baekhyun was running when he said that. Kris widened his eyes. He was really tired and he just wanted to sleep, covered himself with blanket and made a ball. Yes, perfect way to ruin his beautiful imagination.

“Baekhyun!!!!” He was chasing him, he must get the key.

“Hyung, watch out!” It was too late because the ball already hit him on face.

“Baekhyun, come here” Baekhyun ran to save himself from the older one, but he was not as fast as boy who was on top of him.

He didn’t know why his heart was beating faster. He could feel Kris’ breath on his face. He widened his eyes when Kris leaned closer.

“Ouwwhhhh” He flinched when Kris flicked his forehead.

“Hahaha….. Look at your face. You are really funny” Kris laughed his off. Baekhyun pushed him, left him laughed.

He touched his chest. Why his heart beating so fast? Why he felt really good when Kris on top of him?

Kris laughed dead down when he realized Baekhyunn was no where to be seen.

“Oh God… He must be really mad, I prank on him”

He ran to find Baekhyun.

You must apologize to him. Kris noted to himself.

“Baekhyun-ah” He ran after Baekhyun.

-------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun felt so nervous. He really didn’t what to do. He was really afraid, he didn’t want Kris found out about his feeling towards him. He wasn’t ready to lose his friend.

“Baekhyun…. Baekhyun” Lay shook his shoulder. Baekhyun looked up to meet Lay’s worried gaze. He smiled weakly. Baekhyun decided to stay in Lay’s place till he got back his sanity. He knew it was obviously lie. He was 100% trapped in his own insanity; he wouldn’t get back to sane. Normal….. He was…..

“It’s okay…. It’s okay” Lay hugged him. Lay was the one and only one who realized Baekhyun’s feeling toward Kris. Lay was good observant even though he always be someone who just let out single word, he was really sensitive among their group.

“I don’t want to lose him, Lay. I can’t. I’m not ready” Baekhyun whispered. Lay tighten his hug. Lay’s warm embrace and his comfort words pushed Baekhyun to his edge. He was crying; his shoulder shook violently.

“Cry… cry…. Just cry. It’s okay…I’m here”

Thank hyung to be a shoulder to cry on.

--------------------------------------------------

“Baeki…. I get it… I get it” Kris rushed to their room. He was holding envelope on his right hand.

“Get what hyung?” Baekhyun asked.

“I get scholarship of Master in Public Affairs at Woodrow Wilson School of Public & International Affairs-Princeton University. I’m going to U.S” Kris said cheerfully. His smile reached ear to ear.

Lay convinced Baekhyun to confess. It was win lose solution for him. Baekhyun would still lose Kris. Baekhyun was in his deep thought till he didn’t realize Kris was standing in front of him.

“Are you okay, Baeki?” Worry was in Kris’s voice. He placed his palm on his forehead.

“Baeki, you got fever” Kris said panic. Kris forced him to lays down on his bed and ran everywhere to find towel, and everything he felt need to make Baekhyun better.

Kris didn’t realize that Baekhyun watched him intensely. Baekhyun smiled to himself. He can’t bear to lose Kris. He can’t lose Kris….

-------------------------------------------------------------

Life is full of lots of up and downs,

And the distance feels further

when you're headed for the ground,

And there is nothing more

painful than to let your

feelings take you down,

They met again after 5 years. Baekhyun was famous designer. He was prodigy of Korea’s fashion industry. Kris was Canada’s diplomat. Baekhyun felt so stupid, how come he didn’t know that Kris’s holding Canada citizenship, he thought that Kris was Chinese because he was transferred student from there. He was half Chinese Canadian after all.

He, Lay, and Zitao were there at cozy café waiting for Kris. They saw their giant friend made his way to their table. Of course when it came to Kris, they would be public attention even some men in that café also eyeing Kris. Well, it wasn’t Kris’s fault at all. He was just amazing, that’s Baekhyun always thought.

“Sorry, I’m late. I have something to do” Kris took seat beside Baekhyun.

“It’s okay, duizhang” Tao sing sang. They had good conversation about random thing and everything that happened in their life after they graduated. Kris chose to listen to their story. He didn’t have many stories to tell. It wouldn’t be far from diplomacy, policy, politic and it wasn’t good theme for this casual conversation.

“Wait, I guess you want to tell something to us?” Zitao asked.

“Yes you said that on the phone” Lay added.

“Oh that. I almost forgot. This”

“Duizhang, you….”

All Baekhyun knew the entire day and few days after he spent on Lay’s place.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Baeki-ah” Baekhyun is really shock, he jumps from his position.

“Hahaha….. Look at your face” Kris was holding his stomach. Baekhyun pouts

“Daddy” Kris stops laugh when Kevin runs to him. Kris opens his arms welcome him. Kevin hugs him happily.

“Daddy, I want play basketball with you. Appa is ” Kevin sticks his tongue out to Baekhyun.

“What?” Baekhyun spats.

“Kevin” Kevin pulls away from his father and hugs his mother.

“Mommy” He let out a giggles. Kris finds it amused.

“Don’t worry hyung even though you can’t hug her in the public. You still get her on bed every time you want” Baekhyun smiles evilly and Kris smirks.

“Daddy let’s play” Kevin drags him to play basketball with his new hyung that waiting patiently on the center of basketball field.

“What were you talking about, oppa?” Sehun asks curiously.

“Kris your wife wants to know our conversation” Baekhyun shouts.

Sehun, I want to get you under me” Sehun widens her eyes. Her cheeks already red like tomato. She looks around, but seems no one know what Kris says except for Baekhyun of course. He is fluent enough on Mandarin.

Baekhyun oppa. I’ll make sure Yixing oppa punishes you” Sehun smirks.

Owh… That’s what I want” Baekhyun laughs.

Maybe I can’t have Yi Ffan hyung, but I never regret it because I find my match. Yixing hyung

I'll be your shoulder to cry on

I'll be there

I'll be the one you rely on

when the whole world's gone

you won't be alone

cause I'll be there!

 

 

P.S : Sorry, once again I make Sehun as woman. Evil smirk. Oh.... Kevin used to calls his father's close friends appa or baba, but daddy is special for his father Kris.