Scenery Begins

Advice From Hyung

"All action results from thought, so it is thoughts that matter." -Sai Baba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf2yMzxVHl4

Sehun's  P.O.V

" Krrrinnnggg" The shrill alram sounds, jolting Sehun awake from his peaceful slumber.

"Aish, what is today?" he asks in his mind, ruffling his hair sleepily.

"It's Friday, Sehun. You should get up." A calm voice answers his thought.

Hearing this He rises groggily put of his bed, transferring his blankets from the floor on to his bed. With a stretch he lumbers to the bathroom. After washing and dressing in his bland-looking school uniform he hears his mother call him from the kitchen.

"Sehun, do you plan on eating?"

For a split second he isn't sure. Why would this be something questionable for someone who hasn't eaten for 8 hours? He find himself in instances such as this. Unsure, for that millisecond, of simple things. Does everybody have this problem? 

"Sehun," says the voice. "You should eat." 

With his thoughts unclear he bounded down the stairs, to eat breakfast. He'll have to walk to school, to his distaste. With a sigh he begins to eat, pushing his thoughts of school aside. His grades are average, never really finding inspiration to put his heart into something that brings such little joy. He has few friends, never caring so much that he would put himself out there. On the contary, he isn't the generic emotionless kid who cares about nothing. In fact, his opinions can be very strong and he thrives when he's debating. The reason few people know this is his apprehensiveness to open himself up. It makes it seem like he's vulnerable. Of course, no one really knows how he feels on a lot of things.

"Except hyung," he mumbles.

Hyung.

"What was that?" Luhan inquires as he sits down beside Sehun.

"Nothing, nothing," Sehun responds, finishing his meal. He should leave soon. He promised Mari, his friend who lives three doors down he'd go with her to school today, the start of the new semester. As Sehun stands up he picks up his dishes and brings them to the sink, where his mom is sipping coffee with a stricken expression.

"Why does she look like that?" Sehun asks himself, warily looking at his mother, taking notice of her pursed lips and dark eye-circles. As he walks out of the kitchen she stops him.

"Sehun, you have a doctors' appointment today at 1:00. I'll pick you up."

An appointment? Sehun wasn't sick, but because of how worried his mother looked he didn't question her. He was genuinely curious as to why his mom had scheduled him an appointment.

"Maybe a check-up?" Luhan inquired.

"Oh." Sehun hadn't thought of that.

Bidding his mother goodbye, Sehun pulled on his bookbag and left his house. On the bottom of the steps he saw Mari sitting.

"Ready to go?" She asks restlessly the hem of her skirt.

"She seems nervous." Luhan stated as he watches the pair walk away. Sehun was thinking the same thing. "It's only school," he thought. 

"Yeah, it's not that far from here." Sehun replied calmly.

Sehun had known Mari for two years.. She was quiet, but her calm demeanor made her someone easy to talk to. Mari had approached Sehun in the tenth grade. Sehun was with Luhan during their break when she  tentatively made her way over to their bench.

Flashback- October, 2010

 "So by saying that the government should regulate gas prices, are you imlpying that the countries distributing should cap their prices as well?"

This was the usual conversation between Sehun and Luhan. Sehun enjoyed it because he could speak his mind to someone who cared. Of course Luhan was much more knowledgable than Sehun in what they discussed, Sehun didn't mind in the least.  

Luhan saw Mira's approaching figure first. Her stride wasn't confident and her eyes were down. She carried her school books with her and wore glasses. She looked like the typical studious sophmore. 

"Sehun, do you know who that girl is?"

"No," Sehun began as he spotted Mira. "I've seen her  I think. I've never talked to her though."

As Mira got closer Luhan stood up from the bench and looked at Sehun. "You should talk to her. Mom said you should make more friends anyways," Luhan said walking away.

"But Hyung! Where are yo-" He was out of sight. Sehun was irritated when he did that. It was true though, he needed to talk to other kids more. He wished it wan't so important to his parents about how impressive of a social life he had. It seemed to him that world cared too much about who they talked to, more than what they actually said. "Oh well, I'll do it for Hyung," he thought. His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of leaves crunching. 

"Hey," The girl started. Starting conversations weren' her strong suit. She was new to Seoul and this was her first week at a new school. She was determined to make real friends. Not like before.

"Um, hi," responded Sehun lamely. He's looked at her for the first time. She had long dark hair, with mouse-like features. He noticed that she was new. He thought it was interesting that someone so shy would come and start talking to him. It didn't happen very often.

"Who were you talking to, just now?" Mira asked cautiously. Her eyes were curious, but her tone was gentle and firm.

"Uh, my brother. he left just now though." Sehun replied. Why would she ask a question like that? Luhan was sitting right by him. Was she not paying attention? He knew a lot of people that weren't attentive. In fact, this wasn't the first time something like this had happened. It's not like Luhan's invisible.. inattentive people.

Mira's P.O.V

"Um, my brother. he just left though."

There was no one beside him. I'm sure of it. I've been watching him. His lips move like he's talking. His facial expressions are reacting like he's talking to someone. Is he crazy? Sitting by himself, talking to no one? What do I say?

"Oh, I see. Well," She broke off. *Dammit Mira you sound so lame!* she thought to herself. 

"If you want," Sehun began, "You can sit here. Your books look heavy, and break doesn't end for a while." 

Hm. Maybe I'm hallucinating. I haven't eaten today. 

End of P.OV

So they sat and discussed the topic of fluctuating gas prices. They even delved into the topic of government-regulated health care. This was definetly a first for Sehun. He'd never found someone besides Luhan who was this intriguing to talk to. Mari was quick-witted, and sitting during lunch break, discussing the world's problems became an everyday ordeal.

End of flashback.

So the pair strided to Whimoon High. There was some conversation about the classes they would take, Mira's nervousness was evident.

"But, what if I get Mr. Jung? He hates me Sehun!"

Sehun let out a sigh. One thing about Mira that irritated him was how much she worried. Aside from that though, whenever she was with him and Luhan,  she  became stiff. It didn't happen very often because Luhan wasn't with us, but it was like she'd never see him. He'll never understand why people are like this towards Luhan.

"It'll be ok, Mira. I think we have the same lunch this year." he replied half-heartedly.

As the pair reached the gates of Whimoon, Sehun heard Mira let out a shaky breathe. This would just be another year for him. Senior year. Unlike most seniors, he didn't have huge goals he planned on meeting. Sometimes he talked to Luhan about the future, but not to anyone else. This worried his parents and counselors greatly. It was unheard of that a senior in Korea would have such little drive to study or have  successful career. Goals weren't something that Sehun thought about. All he knew was that he wanted to be like his hyung. Sehun's test scores from the previous year were exceptional. Subconciously, he knew that he was smart, but his lack of enthusiasim keeps him from making it prevalent. There would be times when he had to think a great deal just to remember some of the things he loves, or is passionate about. Mira's pressure on his hand alertted gim that they were at the doors of the old building.

"Sehun, I'll meet you at lunch ok? Try and pay attention. This is sort of an important year." Mira said with a small smile.

With a trace of a smile, Sehun walked towards his homeroom. "Work hard Sehun. You're smart." That peaceful voice never failed to show up. Thanks to his hyung, Sehun could be relaxed. 

"Thanks Hyung." Sehun said to himself, as he walked though the tall doorway, into the classroom.

 

 


 

*First real chapter! Sorry if this was boring. I felt some backround info was necessary. Tell me what you think in the comments!XD Subscribe!