Fortunate

Advice From Hyung

Sehun thoroughly enjoys physical activity. In high school he played basketball all four years. The sport served as an outlet for him, a way to look at his life from a different perspective, even if it was only for four quarters. After he graduated his laziness kept him from playing, but today Luhan had hushed the voice that told Sehun he was too tired to run and release his energy.

 

So they went. At the park there were families with strollers, dogs on leashes, Sehun even saw a woman walking her cat. The basketball court was filled with lively sounds of yelping and the tapping of running feet. With the ball balanced on his finger, Sehun casually made his way to the middle of the court. He was met by a young boy.

 

“Hey Hyung! You’re on my team!”

 

Hyung.

 

Sehun hadn’t been called Hyung for a long time. He hadn’t been recognized as someone as seniority, or experience. It had been ages since he was considered someone to be respected as an older brother, or friend.

 

    “Um, ok. First team to 15 wins!”

 

At that, the herd of young boys played relentlessly, shooting and sprinting down the court as the sun’s rays casted dancing shadows of the moving figures. Sehun felt nice. It was a muted feeling, like all of his feelings, but he felt content with playing with his little friends. After hours of playing the kids were beckoned by the distant voice of their mothers, signalling them it was time to call it quits for the day.

 

After bidding the boys goodbye, Sehun walked over to a bench and watched the flowers sway at the gentle breeze.

    “This was nice,” he said to himself.


    “Yeah, it was.”