Fading

Advice From Hyung

"Hope is nature's veil for hiding truth's ness." -Alfred Nobel

 

 

Narrator POV

 

It's been __ years since Sehun's graduation. Still in the mindset that Luhan exsists. Living in a house, bought for him by his mother, and going to a college he doens't wish to attend. 

 

 "Why?"

With a groan, Sehun topples out of bed to the ringing of his phone on the dresser. He groggily makes his way to the  obnoxious ringing from his phone. The caller can only be one person. Mom.

"Hello?"

"Sehun!", his mother chirps, trying her best to sound cheery. "Are you up and moving? Remember I scheduled you a haircut today at 2."

Sehun plays with the zipper of his jacket as he lifelessly replies,

"Yeah Mom, I know. I have class soon.." He drifts off.  He had been cutting class a lot recently, much to Luhan's distaste. That doesn't bother Sehun as much as it used to. In fact, nothing really bothers Sehun that much, especially in the past few months. He's been feeling a whole lot of nothing. Except for something.

Emptiness. 

With the absence of his mother Sehun doesn't have to act cheerful to satisfy her. A lot has happened in the past year. Sehun has become a lot less motivated to go out and do things, unlike most college kids who either want to get stoned or drunk every night, or the ones who think they can change the world. That's not Sehun. 

A sudden jolt interrupts Sehun's thoughts.

"Hey Sehun!", Luhan says as he claps his hand on Sehun's shoulder. "I'm going to the park to play some ball. You're coming."

That's how the majority of Luhan's conversations with Sehun went. Imperative sentences, lacking the playfulness that had once been there. As Sehun became colder, Luhan didn't necessarily become colder, just his attitide with Sehun. Sehun had drawed the conclusion that Luhan didn't like how Sehun was living. A life for himself, not intending to help or benefit anyone else. That bothers Luhan, apparently. Sehun didn't purposely end up this way, but because of how he grew up he cares about himself, and whatever has his interest at the moment. 

Sehun sighs and sits on the couch, opening his laptop, ignoring Luhan. Listlessly he scrolls and just as he's about to click on a link, Luhan rips the laptop from Sehun's lap. 

"What the hell, man?!", fumes Sehun. 

"You're coming. You know you are. So just go get dressed and come. Playing basketball isn't all you have to do today."

Swearing under his breath, Sehun grabs his navy hooded jacket and laces up his converse. With a sweeping look of his filthy living room that no one but his mom ventures to clean, Sehun walks out the door and locks it. Luhan, waiting at the end of the short driveway, eyes smiling, waves Sehun over as they walk to the park two streets over. 

 

 

You all probably forgot you were subscribed to this lololol