Fourteen

Janus : My Two Faced Goddess

 

After driving about two hours, we came to some mountains.
 
“We are we?” I asked Seo.
 
“We're at Sooyoung's house.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
She looked at me with those big glowing eyes and smiled. “Yes, Luhan, I've been here a million times.”
 
I looked out the window, but all I saw were trees and rocks. After five minutes of driving up the mountain, Yuri stopped in front of a mini-mansion that looked like it was imported from Egypt. We all climbed out of the truck.
 
“This is nice,” I said.
 
“You should see the inside,” Yoona said as she walked ahead of me.
 
“You ladies go ahead inside. I want to talk with Luhan alone,” Sooyoung said, her voice commanding but not harsh. Seo rubbed me on the back, then followed Yuri and Yoona inside. My eyes followed her up the steps and inside the glass door.
 
“You love her, don't you?” Sooyoung asked, breaking my concentration.
 
“I care about her deeply.”
 
“So, therefore, you love her?” she asked again. I didn't respond. To say that you love someone carries a big responsibility. One that I didn't feel prepared for.
 
“But you are prepared.”
 
“Wait…you read minds, too? My thoughts are not safe.”
 
Sooyoung laughed hysterically. I took that as a yes. “Come, follow me. I have to show you something.”
 
She walked gracefully, toward the back of her house. I didn't know where we were going, so I followed her. She stopped at a box-like platform that was set in the ground; it was made of wood and covered with dust. She bent down and lifted it up. Underneath was a steel plate in the same shape, with a combination lock on it, which she opened. “Come, follow me,” she said, stepping down into the box.
 
“What is this?” I asked. I was getting more and more curious.
 
“You will see,” she instructed. I said no more and followed her into the hole—it was completely dark, except for the small amount of sunlight creeping in from up top. Sooyoung clicked on a light. It was a laboratory with all kinds of equipment set up. I walked around the small space and looked at the counter, only to find a picture of me and my father flying a kite by the beach.
 
“Is this where my father worked?”
 
“Yes. Thirty years ago I moved to Korea, because the Adolfes had already taken over most of Feline Island. My kind was very few in number. Your father saved my life. The Adolfes was trying to take over our island. They burned our homes and most of our people. I was hiding behind a small tree as I watched them kill my family. Your father spotted me. He saw that I was afraid, so he took me to the sea and put me in one of the boats the Adolfes sailed in. I sailed for hours till I came to another island. Years later, we met up with each other here in Korea. He asked me if I could build a lab that was not visible. I told him for the man that saved my life I would build a castle. He laughed, but said that he only wanted a lab. We did not speak very often, because he was in hiding from the Adolfes. They found out what he did and called him a traitor. They wanted to kill him, but first they wanted to take his blood. A few days before he died, he told me he was working on an serum that would suppress his scent. He wanted to become human and blend in. He worked for a nearby hospital so that he could help save people. When he got married he had the cutest little girl, and not long after that he had a son. He feared that you would be a carrier. And sure enough you are. He tried to work quickly on the serum, but he did not have enough time. I got word that the Adolfes were on Korean soil and searching for him, and I told him immediately. His last words to me were, 'Tell my son about me.' Then he hung up the phone. It took me days to find out what happened, and my heart was grieved.” 
 
 
This was a lot to take in. I didn't know what to say.
 
“I know this is a lot to process, but I assure you that I will try and protect you as long as possible.”
 
This mind-reading thing is annoying.
 
“Sorry.”
 
“It's OK, it's not your fault. You can't help it.” The lab got quiet as I tried to understand everything. “So if I am a Adolfes, can I change into a wolf?”
 
“The correct word is 'shift,' and no, not yet. You have to mature first.”
 
“When will that happen?”
 
“When your body is ready. There is as process called transformace it mean to transform. Right now it's trying to figure itself out under all of those teenage human hormones you have.” She chuckled, and so did I.
 
I ran my hand through my hair. “So the wolves—I mean, the Adolfes—that were in the building are dead, so now what?”
 
“Not all of them are. One very important Adolfes is missing: their leader, Leeteuk.” She walked past me and toward the stairs, to climb back up. “But I though Baekhyun was Alpha. Right?”
 
“He wish. Leeteuk just had Baekhyun do his dirty work”
 
“Wait, if he is still alive, that means he's still after me?”
 
“Correct.”
 
“So what do we do?”
 
“We wait to find out his next move. In the meantime, you need to train and finish school.”
 
“What about my mom and my sister? Do they know about me?”
 
“No. And they don't need to know. Once you finish school, you are going to enlist in the Korean Army.”
 
“Really?”
 
“No, but that is what we are going to tell them.” I nodded my head, agreeing with everything that Sooyoung was telling me. This was a trip, but I was ready for the adventure. “What do I do next?”
 
“Talk to Seohyun. Though you love her, a Cerna Kocka and a Adolfes are forbidden to mingle. But something tells me that will soon change,” she said, winking back at me and heading up the stairs.
 
I took one last look at my father's lab, then followed her up the steps. Sooyoung turned off the light and closed and locked the invisible lab. I had a lot to think about.
 
People were after me.
 
Well, not people exactly…my own kind.
 
 
----
A/N:
FINALLY! AFTER 48 YEARS, I FOUND TIME TO UPDATE D: LOL
I'll end this fic now TT_TT
the next chapter will be the end
I hope you still bother to read this fic TT_TT