Thirteen

Janus : My Two Faced Goddess

 

My heart skipped two beats when I saw her.
 
“I thought you were dead.” She smiled, showing her shiny white teeth.
 
“No, when I fell out of the car I forced myself to keep rolling, into the forest. They assumed that the impact of the concrete would kill me. Boy, were they wrong. Dumb dogs,” she said, laughing to herself. She unlocked the rest of the restraints holding me down. 
 
“Dang,” I said, rubbing the red circles that were imprinted on my wrist.
 
I looked around and saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun laid out on the floor. The other three black cats had changed into their human form.
 
“I knew there was something about him I didn't like,” Yoona said as she knelt down, checking Chanyeol for weapons.
 
“Are they…dead?” I asked, hoping that Chanyeol wasn't.  Even though he'd been lying to me, how could I just throw away three years of friendship? 
 
“You're gonna have to,” Seohyun said, answering the question in my head. I just nodded, trying to take in everything around me.
 
“We must go,” said a tall red-headed woman, who I figured was the tallest cat, the one that attacked Chanyeol. She looked to be about 25.
 
“That's Sooyoung. And she's 135, to be exact,” Seohyun said, grinning.
 
“OK, you're going to have to stop doing that,” I said. “You're freaking me out.”
 
She grinned and grabbed my hand.
 
“Are they dead?” I asked again, looking back at the bodies that lay on the floor behind us.
 
“Do you really want me to answer that?” Seohyun asked as I followed her into the hallway.
 
I shrugged my shoulders. I guess not, I said to myself. As we ran down the hallway, we passed a room with a human, caged like an animal. I guessed that this was the human that was going to be testing my blood.
 
“Wait!” I said, and all five of us came to a halt. “What are we going to do with her?” I asked, pointing at the caged human. Everyone looked at Sooyoung.
 
“Seohyun, cut the bars and let her loose,” she said. Seohyun nodded to her, and as she raised her hands, sharp claws grew out of them. She cut into the bars and, with no effort, each bar fell to the floor.
 
“Way cool,” I said out loud. The woman got out of the cage and ran—just like that, she was gone.
 
“So much for thank you,” Yuri said with attitude. We made our way out of the building—the sun was just beginning to rise.
 
“Everyone get in,” Sooyoung said, and Seohyun, Yoona, and I climbed into back of a black SUV. The inside was just like Seohyun's BMW, the same tinted windows and everything. It smiled like it was hot off the showroom.
 
Sooyoung climbed in the passenger side, and as we drove away she pressed a button on a remote and the building blew up.
 
“Get us home,” she said to Yuri, who was driving.
 
After this day I’m going to need some serious help, I thought. Seohyun grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I guess this day can last a little while longer.
 
----
A/N:
Short update x(
 
--and, I know the 'tallest cat' was dfshhdsfhjdsf XD