Beautiful Target

Could This Be . . . . ?

[Narrator's POV]

          “Let’s fly! Hello, we are B1A4!” Just a mere greeting from them made the girls swooned over them. You could only smirk as you witnessed some of the dramatic reactions from the fans. You could never imagine yourself react that way towards B1A4. They were your friends, after all.

          “Thank you for coming and watching the performances from us and the Music Club. We really appreciate your support!” Gongchan as the maknae grabbed the microphone before he handed it to Jinyoung. “As you all know, today our club president has come back after some time of school holidays and sick leaves. So, today we decide to perform especially for all of you to celebrate his comeback. Please welcome, Shinwoo!”

          Every girl in the hall screamed of ecstasy when a tall boy stepped up on the stage together with his band mates. You felt as annoyed with the commotion as you covered your ears, but one thing crossed your mind at that time. Why does the name felt a bit familiar to you?

          Just then, B1A4 started their performance by singing ‘Beautiful Target’. You had seen Baro, Sandeul and Gongchan practice this song before, but it never crossed your mind that they were actually preparing for this day. You thought that it was all just for fun.

Sumi meojeul geotman gata, sarangi on geotman gata

Moreugesseo (moreugesseo)

Moreugesseo (moreugesseo)

Moreugesseo (moreugesseo)

A/N: Translation

Breath seems to have stopped, love seems to have come

I don’t know (I don’t know)

I don’t know (I don’t know)

I don’t know (I don’t know) …

 

          As soon as you listened to Jinyoung’s voice, you admitted that his voice was actually good; he could probably sing a lullaby and any girl who listened would fall into a deep slumber. Not to say that his voice was boring or you were sleepy or anything. It was just that he actually has the voice that could comfort people’s heart. You wished the same could be said about his cold personality though.

          Meanwhile, Gongchan who was singing that time was not the mature, intelligent Gongchan that you always sat next to. Rather, the Gongchan that you looked at was really cute and full of charms; not to mention that he was a bit flirty, judging from the number of times he winked at the fans.

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket

I like it like it like it, I like it like it like it, I like it like it like it

          You just chuckled at Baro when he rapped. How could someone who looked so adorable have a deep voice? ‘Such an irony’, you commented silently. Then, the club president took his stage and sang, or rather rap, his part.

Nae mameun bumbumbumbum

Neottaeme sumsumsumsumeul motswieo

Nan seulseulseulseuljjeok dagaga neoege ppajyeobeoryeosseo

Nae seutaire jeokhaphae nan nege bamhaeseo heoujeokdae

Neowa hamkeramyeon eonjena na

Seoul nyuyok roma peuraha

A/N: Translation

My heart goes boom boom boom boom

Because of you, I can’t breathe breathe breathe breathe

I furtively go closer to you, I’ve fallen for you

My style is perfect; I’ve fallen for you, struggling

If you’re together with me, anytime

Seoul, New York, Rome, Prague

 

          Just then, his name sounded a bit too familiar to you, but now it seemed that even his face rang a bell in your mind. You tried to remember someone you met that looked just like him. That was when you reflected back on the night you were saved from being attacked by Joongki. Then, a name suddenly popped in your mind.

          Shin Dong Woo…

          Just to confirm your suspicion, you asked Minha about it. “Well, the president’s real name is Shin Dong Woo; Shinwoo is just his stage name in B1A4.”

          You could not concentrate on watching the performance as you tried to absorb everything that you just knew. ‘Okay, Shin Dong Woo and Shinwoo is actually the same person, I could take that. But, the fact that he also studies here? This is getting a bit creepy. Is this some kind of coincidence?’

          Well, maybe you lied about not paying your attention on them because you could clearly hear Baro’s deep voice despite the havoc done by the audience.

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket

I like it like it like it, I like it like it like it, I like it like it like it

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom my heart like a rocket

Nae tteugeoun shimjangi geudaereul gidaryeoyo

A/N : Translation

With a warm heart, I’m waiting for you

 

          If you were not so occupied with your thoughts on Shin Dong Woo, or Shinwoo, or whatever kind of name he had adopted, you might as well admired Sandeul’s powerful vocal.

          Anyone who took a glance at you would say that you has fallen deep into B1A4’s charms, judging from your expressionless face and your slightly ajar mouth. But the truth is you just could not seem to describe what you felt at that time. Sure, sometimes when you were alone, you would wish to meet Dong Woo again and hang out with him and do all the things that you would do with Farris, AJ and Nathan back home. However, it never crossed your mind that you could actually see him again, this time in no smart suits or any formal attire but in plain t-shirt and capri pants. Not to mention that his long hair was tied into a half-bun, making him look less studious than the last time you met him.

          Out of the blue, the said person approached the crowd, driving both female members and non-members of the club crazy. Moments later, your hand was grabbed and you was pulled onto the stage, where the five angels took their turns to sing to you. You knew that the fans were probably jealous of you to death, but you did not know what to do. Instead, you stood on the stage, not daring to move as the performance went on.

[Sandeul]

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom my heart like a rocket

Nae tteugeoun shimjangi geudaereul gidaryeoyo

[Shinwoo]

Oh my beautiful lady nan neoman boyeo na eotteokhae

Nae tteugeoun sarangeul geudaeyeo batajwoyo

A/N: Translation

[Sandeul]

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom my heart like a rocket

With a warm heart, I’m waiting for you

[Shinwoo]

Oh my beautiful lady, I only see you, what do I do

Please accept my burning love, darling

 

          Out of the blue, a bouquet of red roses was presented in front of you. When you looked up, you saw the same face that you had briefly admired months ago. He even winked at you, saying “Nice to meet you again, Miss Daniel.”

          You were totally speechless, whereas the crowd down the stage was aching with jealousy seeing one of their beloved seniors just winked at the new girl. The other seniors were trying hard to control them, but they were just unstoppable when it comes to B1A4.

         After the chaotic weekly meeting, you and Minha were together with the boys to the cafeteria. Having Shinwoo together made them so lively and vibrant that evening. They did not even notice the knowing smiles that you and Shinwoo exchanged, silently glad that both of you have met once again.

          For you, you felt so fluttered without any definite reason upon seeing Dongwoo. You did not know why, but this was the first time your heart skipped a beat seeing someone. You knew it was weird, but you just put it aside for a while now. Little did you knew, you had fallen deep into Dongwoo’s charms…

 

 

A/N: Wow! It’s been a long time since I updated this story. It’s a bit slow here, I myself have to stifle a yawn while reading it, but it will get better in the next chapters. Do anticipate it, happy reading :) !