Chapter 44

The Dorky Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CH44: Joohyun ah! Pt. 1

 

(6 years later)

 

“Hyo unnie! Tell your dork to stop poking me!” Yoona whined as she was focused with the game that she was currently playing with Sunny. Hyoyeon changed her attention from her novel to her girlfriend who was loosely hugging her from behind. “Cuddle me, Taengo. I’m cold.” Taeyeon poked Yoona one last time before she quickly embraced Hyoyeon using their couple blanket.

 

Taeyeon planted a kiss on Hyoyeon’s cheek before they exchanged smiles to one another. “Better?” Hyoyeon nodded in respond and leaned comfortably on Taeyeon’s flat as she continued back to reading her novel. At first, Taeyeon was reading the novel that Hyoyeon was reading until she fell asleep on Hyoyeon’s shoulder. She buried her face on Hyoyeon’s neck but still in the cuddling bear position. The living room was all peaceful with only the background music of the game that Yoona and Sunny were playing until Tiffany arrived with Jessica and Sooyoung.

 

“Guys! We bought Chinese food!” Tiffany chirped happily as she exchanged kisses on cheeks with Sunny before she went to the kitchen. “FINALLY!” Yoona put down the PlayStation 4’s joystick and ran to the kitchen. Sunny began to panic when Yoona left her. “Yah! Yah! The gaaaame! Someone!” Jessica excitedly sat on the floor next to Sunny. “Let me play!” The gamer quickly passed the joystick that Yoona used earlier to Jessica and both of them ended up continuing the game happily.

 

Sooyoung slapped Yoona’s arm when seeing the shikshin junior was about to take her favorite chopsticks. “This is mine!” Yoona only pouted and accepted the chopstick that the chortling Tiffany offered her. Hyoyeon came to the kitchen after succeeding on releasing herself from Taeyeon’s embrace. She let the dork rested on the couch afterwards. “I’m hungry. Where’s mine?”

 

“Here,” Tiffany handed Hyoyeon’s meal and they sat on the kitchen counter’s stools together with the shikshins in front of them. “Taetae isn’t hungry?” Hyoyeon only shook her head and ate her meal. “Sicachu! Don’t you want to eaaaat?” Sooyoung yelled. “I’ll eat with Sunbun later, Youngie chu! This game is awesome!!” Jessica yelled in reply from the living room. Sooyoung only shrugged and continued to eat with the other three. The dorm’s atmosphere went back to peaceful with just the background music of the game again.

 

“When will Yul and Hyunnie return?” Tiffany asked Yoona during their lunchtime. “They might take awhile. Yul baby called earlier and said that Hyunnie’s class was extended for another hour.” Yoona replied as she passed the orange juice to Sooyoung who asked her for a drink. “Bummer. Yul must have been hungry by now.” Yoona only nodded worryingly at Hyoyeon’s reply.

 

-

 

“Guys! We’re home!” Yuri yelled from the front door and marched straight to the kitchen, meeting with Jessica and Sunny who were eating their meals together. “Where’s mine?” Jessica passed Yuri’s meal and the red chopsticks. Random fun fact in SoShi Apartment: everyone has their own chopsticks. They labeled their names on it and have their own colored chopsticks. “Thanks, Sica!” Yuri happily sat next to Sunny and the three of them ate their meals together with a light conversation happening between them.

 

Seohyun had just entered the living room area after arranging all of her unnies’ shoes that were scattered at the front door. She sighed heavily and planted a smile when seeing most of her unnies were spending time at the living room except for Yuri, Sunny and Jessica. “Unnies! I’m home!” The girls at the living room greeted their maknae before the caring Tiffany brought Seohyun to the kitchen. “You must be hungry, Joohyun ah. I hope you like Chinese food!”

 

“I do, unnie. Thank you for the meal!” Seohyun happily hugged Tiffany. Tiffany only returned back a kiss on the cheek for the maknae and decided to sit down with the others at the kitchen. “I wonder why your classes are always extended to another hour, Joohyun ah.” Jessica started a new topic since Tiffany and Seohyun were joining them. Hearing her unnie’s words made Seohyun to suddenly turn red. “Uhm…I…d–don’t know…too…” Everyone was silent then until Seohyun couldn’t take it anymore that she brought her food to her room.

 

“Something is not right.” Sunny put down her chopsticks, making the three girls to look at her. “Joohyun just stuttered and whenever she stutters,” Sunny looked at Tiffany and her girlfriend quickly captured what she was trying to say. “She’s hiding something from us!” Tiffany said. Yuri looked at the couple in confusion. “Joohyun rarely hides something from us. I wonder what she’s hiding now…?”

 

Jessica quickly linked arms with Tiffany when she thought of something. “What if she’s dating someone?” The three girls looked as surprised as Jessica when she asked the question. They began to feel uneasy until Yuri had to call for the others that were at the living room. “Unnies group talk!” Yuri heard Yoona and Sooyoung whined from the living room and it made her smile. “Unnies group talk that includes the semi-unnies!” And the shikshins came running to the kitchen with HyoTae couple following from behind.

 

“What’s up?” Taeyeon sat on the empty stool next to Yuri and wrapped an arm around Hyoyeon’s lower waist, not wanting her girlfriend to part from her. “Are we going to continue the discussion of Joohyun’s lecture about junk food again?” Yuri shook her head at Taeyeon’s prediction. “Joohyun just stuttered before she went to her room.” Yoona snapped her fingers when she knew what her partner was saying. “Joohyun is hiding something!” Yuri nodded and shared a high-five with her girlfriend as an approval of what her girlfriend said.

 

“I wonder what is it she’s hiding.” Taeyeon rested her cheek behind Hyoyeon as she looked at Sunny. Jessica kept on whispering to Tiffany something until Hyoyeon noticed her. “Sica? Do you know anything about Joohyun’s secret?” Jessica huffed a pout as she shook her head in denial to her friend. Hyoyeon arched a brow in confusion. “Then what were you whispering with Tiffany about?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter