Mission 2 - Fall for you

Plainly Special

 

It was an early Saturday morning that Yo Seob found himself sequestered in an empty class with his friends. They were strategising on how best to proceed with their next move on how Yo Seob would confess to his crush, Du Jun…well, Hyun Seung was debriefing (with his strategy written and drawn on the board) on what to do while the other three were otherwise preoccpupied with their own things; Dong Woon was too busy yawning and whining because he had to wake up and come to school at such an ungodly hour of the morning, Jun Hyung easily on his back listening to music on his ipod and Yo Seob still stuck in the past reminiscing on last week’s debacle  (Dong Woon had helpfully dubbed it as Double Crushed day).

 

A week had passed since Yo Seob had almost confessed his feelings to the plain looking Du Jun. He had been so close...but at the last moment, he was interrupted and confessed to by another male student instead. It had depressed him greatly. The fact that the others (Hyun Seung and Dong Woon) had rubbed it in his face contributed to his depression.

 

The week had passed without much incident saved for Yo Seob actively trying to avoid his crush and Hyun Seung’s persistent nagging to commence with his ‘masterplan’.

 

Whap!! And follwed by a cry of pain resounded in the room.

 

“Yang Yo Seob! Are you even listening to the plan?!” hissed an irate Hyun Seung to his victim who was busily rubbing on his head. That was definitely going to swell later on.

 

The other two (Jun Hyung and Dong Woon) stopped with their activities and observed the scene. Uh oh. From the look of it, the short boy was about to respond aggressively to being hit. They weren’t sure whether the artificial blond was really brave or just plain blond. Not listening and getting caught inattentive was one thing. To ignore the fact that Hyun Seung had looked menacing was another.

 

“Hey! What did you do that for?” the petite boy whined.

 

Moments later the air shrieked as Hyunseung’s choice of weapon (a metal pointer he had used in his explanation like a general commandeering his troops earlier) sliced through the air and hit the table infront of the blond in an epic eruption of sound, making the blond jumped in acute surprise.

 

“Yah! Stop that! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!”

 

“If only it was that simple!” Hyun Seung gave him a piercing glare. “I might be the first one to prove that death can cure chronic stupidity.”

 

The King and Prince shared a glance from the sidelines and smirked with mirth. This would prove to be slightly interesting. It had been awhile since Yo Seob last resist the beautiful male in a bold and blatant manner. They weren’t disappointed when there was a scrapping sound of a chair being pushed back as the fae-like teen stood up to the frigid figure.

 

“Oho, what’s this? Defiance? How cute.” Hyun Seung gave a disparaging smile, leaning down slightly until their forehead almost touched. “Someone finally came out of that black dismal corner and decide to have a backbone.”

 

“Why do you have to be such as a b –” Yo Seob floundered around for a good insult. “A jerk.”

 

“You can’t even say the word. Weak.” The icy beauty gave an elegant scoff. “With such an attitude, is it even a wonder why you haven’t got Du Jun in your grasp?”

 

Yo Seob looked like he was slapped hard on the face while their two audience just ‘ooh-ed’ and gave him a look of pity from the blow. The elfin boy flush red in embarrassment before he lunged forward to  the taller boy. His aim: to cause death by strangulation.

 

Hyun Seung had easily intercepted his aggressor’s reaching hands with his own. Fingers locked together, both sides pressed forward, one the picture determination and ire while the other one of savage amusement.

 

Still unable to form any coherent comeback the shorter male snarled at his opponent. Though to the other three it came out like a kitten’s hisses. If it weren’t for the fact that both adversaries were in a hand-lock with their forehead pressing against the each other, the blond would receive a lot of cheek-pinching from Jun Hyung and Dong Woon.

 

“So the little kitty wants to play? I admit, you’re just so adorable right now I just want to crush you.” the school’s co-ruler taunted in a tone of biting delight. “Ah, I’ve almost forgotten this side of you, Seobbie.

 

You’ve always been such a wild and wilfull little thing. People did fear all of us, you know, including you. To think you’ve become such a tame and shy creature, it is almost laughable.”

 

“Shut and fight like a man,” the blond spat out in annoyance. “Reminiscing like an old hag doesn’t suit you.”

 

Hyun Seung bristled at the comment but otherwise stayed composed. The glint in the Joker’s other half ignited with a gleam of excitement at the prospect of being challenged brazenly. “Careful, Kittens. You are trying to start a losing battle by initiating a repartee fight.”

 

“I’m sure I can take the opportunity when I break one of your nails as a distraction,” Yo Seob quipped tartly.

 

“Oooh, witty,” Hyun Seung jeered. “You’re forgetting your place, peasant. Unlike you, I have a lot of dirt (yours) in my arsenal whilst you don’t have one on me.”

 

“Only sticks and stone, Ayaka-chaaaan ~ ~. Sticks and stones.”

 

Dong Woon tried to smother his laughter while Jun Hyung gave an amused smirk. Nobody had called the snow queen that name except for his dreadful uncle who had a for Kimmi dolls. As a child, Hyun Seung had been subjected to hours upon hours of having his pictures taken from every possible angle under scorching lights whilst donned in a kimono. He was not ‘Adorable’, damn it! He was ‘Bright and Beautiful’! And he dressed people, not the other way around.

 

Yo Seob, being one his childhood friend would of course know. The beautiful teen’s left eyebrow twitched at the plebian nickname. Okay, perhaps he had misjudged the other…which made the remark burned more. Well, two could play in this game.

 

“Just for that insolent remark. I’ll take pleasure in humiliating you. First, by showing you where you stand in our relationship,” he uttered out icily with a pronounce smirk adorning his face. “Beneath me.”

 

“As if you can,” Yo Seob scoffed. “You never beat me in a game of strength before.”

 

“Tsk tsk. Now who’s reminiscing like an old geezer?” The doll-like boy snarked before continuing on with a fake air of concern. “It pains me to tell you tell, but, you’re stuck in the past. Newsflash, you’re a midget now. Ergo, you will lose.”

 

“I won’t lose.” Yo Seob gritted out as he pressed forward.

 

“Is that so? Somehow I don’t bellieve that.” Hyun Seung quirked an eyebrow delicately but grimaced as the shorter boy managed to push him back a step.

 

“It is so,” came the vehement reply. The blond grinned like the Cheshire cat as he progressively made the other retreat further back. “If I lose, I’ll go through with your plans without any complaints.”

 

“Was waiting for you to say that,” Hyun Seung’s looks of consternation swiftly changed to one of a victorious grin “You’re so predictable YoSeob-ah. No changing your mind after this.”

 

The blond’s expression screwed into a myriad of emotions, ranging from being perplexed to shocked and finally one of dawning horror. Omo! He was tricked. He unwittingly took a small step back.

 

That, was a mistake and before he knew it, he felt his body getting hoisted into the air and landed painfully onto the floor without so much as an ‘ack!’. But not before he secured a hold onto the other. If he was going down, he wouldn’t be the only one.

 

“Get him, Seobbie-hyeong!” Dong Woon cheered from the sideline before turning to the other spectator. “A hundred thousand won says Seobbie-hyeong comes out as the victor!”

 

Jun Hyung gave him a dubious look.

 

“What’s the matter, hyeong? Afraid of losing?” The Arab Prince wriggled his eyebrows.

 

“No. The prize doesn’t interest me. Too mundane,” Joker shook his head nonchalantly. He gave a smirk of confidence. “Now, if we changed it. . .If you win, I’ll pay the money. But, if I win, you will purposefully avoid seeing Gi Kwang till after your turn.”

 

“B-but. . .that’s -” the tall maknae pouted. He took a while to ponder on his new dilemma before he agreed. “Fine. Deal!”

 

Both boys shook on it.

 

“Just so you know,” Jun Hyung started with his trademark smirk. “You’ll be on the losing side since my Hyun Seung WILL win.”

 

With their business transactions done and sealed, both boys returned to watch the battling beauties boys. Oh, good. They weren’t missing anything, much. The two scuffling adversaries were engaged in a transaction of their own – exchanging a squeak here, a yelp there, the occasional squeaks and grunts and a ‘watch where you point that thing!’.

 

f only the rest of the populace could see them, it would have ruined their reputations. Though to be fair, they dealt with other people in a more calculating and dignified way.

 

The wrestling match came to a finish with an ‘Aha! Gotcha!’ followed by a shrill‘don’t touch me there! Ooffph!’.

 

The spectators couldn’t help but grinned (well, Jun Hyung was smirking while Dong Woon wailed in defeat with a healthy mix of digruntled amusement) at the comical sight before them. Yo Seob was on his stomach, his hands splayed outward tapping the floor repetitively with his face screwed up in pain while his tormentor had gleefully made himself comfortable sitting on the blond’s rump, knees resting on the back of the other’s thigh.

 

He had securely locked his friend’s leg under his arm as he pulled back inwards eliciting pained protests. “Ahh, music.” He cocked his head to the side when Yo Seob sent a string of curses (admittedly mild ones) at him. “What’s that? You’re having fun? So am I.” He added chirpily and folded the shorter boy’s legs further inward.

 

ldquo;Aww, man!!! I know Seobbie-hyeong is a bottom but this is just ridiculous,” Dong Woon whined. “This isn’t fair! You guys must have rigged this fight! How’d you know Seungie-hyeong would win? Seobbie-hyeong always win when we were younger?”

 

Jun Hyung shrugged nonchalantly and gave his dongsaeng the ‘do you really want to know?’ look.

 

“Through extensive wrestling matches during the night, of course,” Hyun Seung purred but cackled madly at his juniors’ reactions. Dong Woon shuddered and turned an interesting shade of green with a mutter of ‘Oh, god’.

 

“Don’t say disgusting things so flippantly while wiggling on my ! Nnngaaahh!!”

 

“Silence. Losers shouldn’t talk, only comply to the winner’s every wish without complaints,” the red-haired beauty chided and pulled again extra hard as an afterthought eliciting another bout of pained screamings. “I was suppose to be Akemi, dammit! Not Ayaka!”

 

Hyun Seung stood up abruptly and retrieved his pointer. He prodded the blond on the side with a foot. “Get up. We’ve yet to finish with the plan.” With an elegant flick of his wrist, he aimed the pointer at a pouting Arab Prince. “And you! How dare you doubt my victory? Cheh! Whatever! I’ll enjoy every minute of corrupting your ‘new toy’ against you while you aren’t able to make your move.” He then turned away with a clear dismissal and proceeded to the board to continue his lecture leaving a horrified Dong Woon.

 

Meanwhile, the defeated blond whimpered as he sat up on his knees with his arms up in the air, the poster child of a punished delinquent. Tried as he might to listen to Hyun Seung’s droning instructions, he was far too distracted. His mind started to wander back to where he started but even that had proved too depressive from him. He needed to think of something else. He looked down at his wrinkled clothes. He couldn’t believed he got bested by Hyun Seung…of all people. And damn, the red-haired didn’t even looked rumpled, not even a hair out of line.

 

“Do you see this pointer?” Hyun Seung interrupted his reverie as he wagged said object. “My sheer badass-ness alone would defy the fabric of reality and make this blunt thing pierce right through your skin if you don’t pay attention.”

 

“It’s not as if I am doing this on purpose, you know,” the dimunitive high-schooler grumped out.

 

ldquo;Please, do enlightened on what kept you from actually listening to my plan.” Came Hyun Seung’s overly cheerful voice that belied his ire. “The plan that is actually suppose to help you get your precious Du Jun.”

 

“Hey, I said I wouldn’t complain, I never said I’ll listen to anything that you’ve planned.” Yo Seob sulked.

 

For a second Hyun Seung thought he would succumbed to that deplorable gesture ahjummas always do in dramas when they were vexed and their blood pressure skyrocketed. Fortunately, his ever attentive boyfriend came to his rescue and started to massage his tense shoulders. Ahh, that was actually helpful. Hmmm, he would need to do something nice to him later on that night and sent that thought through a smokey and demure look.

 

“Insolent child!” Hyun Seung huffed in exasperation. “Weren’t you the one who desperately begged me to help you come up with a good love confession story for your future children? Why, I even went so far as to adapt one of the greatest love confession of our time for you.”

 

“I never did anything of the sort. If anything, you just butted in to take over and decided all of that on your own!”

 

“What love story, hyeong?” Dong Woon piped in. “Ooh, is it the one between student council’s Goo Yong Ha and that rebel Moon Jae Shin?” He paused, his expression etched in confusion. “Wait…I thought they never got together even though it was pretty much obvious they got the hots for each other. Tch, I would have gotten one of them (or both) if I entered this school one year earlier. Shame. But that’s okay. I have Kiki now.”

 

“You and your libido.” Said hyeong gave him a look of disgust. “Why ever would I want to talk anything about some people who are totally insignificant to the grand scheme of life? Pfft, as if a rich pretty boy who thought he was royal and a future crimnal activist who was in denial could ever be voted as best couple. Right, luv?”

 

He turned to his lover, his features softeing as he gave a fleeting gaze before his fingers found themselves intertwining loosely with the other’s. Instead of the usual smirk, a gentle grin graced Jun Hyung’s visage as he nodded in agreement. The effects were blinding as the two youngest stared in awe and incredulity. Never would have they pinged the school’s meanest, coldest and most manipulative people to pull such expressions of such…heavenly image.

 

“Y-yah. Woonie-ya?” Yo Seob whispered while still gaping at the captivating couple.

 

“Yes, hyeong?” Dong Woon mumbled back.

 

“I want what they have.” The blond mummured wistfully. “Do you think I’ll ever get to have that?”

 

“I don’t know hyeong. But Kiki and I will definitely have that and more.”

 

The older of the two was about to glare at him but stopped when he saw the solemn determination on Dong Woon’s face. Just when he thought that he knew everything about his friends, he seemed to find new things about them every time. Perhaps, Dong Woon pursuing Gi Kwang wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

 

Then he nodded decisively. “Yes. I’ll have the same thing too. With Du Jun.” And he grinned at the resolution.

 

“Then listen.” The King gave a gentle rebuke and cocked his head to Hyun Seung, bringing Yo Seob back to reality.

 

Properly chastised, Yo Seob turned back to face an amused Hyun Seung. “I’m sorry. I’ll be more attentive now.”

 

Appeased, Hyun Seung sent his boyfriend a dazzling smile before giving what the blond thought a strange mixture of impishly smug and malicious look that promised pain for him in the near future. “Apology accepted. Though I shall demand compensation in another form for today’s transgressions. This plan is foolproof.  All you have to do is…”

 

...

 

“…so I’ll just need to look up into his eyes, turn up all my cute factor on maximum to beguile him and confess?” Yo Seb said in confusion as he waited with Hyun Seung on the second floor’s staircase on the east wing of the school. “You meant to say you acted cute when you confessed to Jun Hyung?”

 

“Of course not. As if I would be reduced to such plebeian and childish foibles,” scoffed the red-haired queen.

 

“Then how’d you confessed to him?”

 

“He professed his love to me while I gracefully accepted his heart.”

 

“But how did that happened?”

 

“He was stunned by my beauty in such close proximity – which, let’s face it, you could never hope to imitate, hence, why you will use your cute features instead – and the rest just happened.”

 

Yo Seob became even more flustered. “Wait. That didn’t make any sense…if we put Du Jun and I into that position, wouldn’t Du Jun be the one who should confess to me? And how’d Jun Hyungie get close enough?”

 

“Simpleton.” Hyun Seung shrugged his shoulder delicately. “My epic romance story would be too much for your brain to handle right now (you’ll melt into a puddle of fanboy goo).” The older clasped the younger’s face between his hands. “Yang Yo Seob. I’m going to explain this only once. Do you understand?”

 

It was slightly difficult to maneuver but he managed to give a small nod.

 

“You will do what I have instructed and you WILL trust me.” He stared at down at his friend daring him to object. Yo Seob waited a couple of second for the other to continue but that seemed to be it.  That was it? That was the explanation? Any further request for clarifications were denied when Hyun Seung’s phone rang. “And there’s signal. He’ll be coming around the corner in ten seconds. 10, 9…”

 

“Omo!”

 

“Just do what I say and you’ll be fine. 7, 6…Oh, and Seobbie-ya?”

 

“Ne?”

 

“Before he confessed. I fell. Literally.” Hyun Seung said cheerfully behind him.

 

Wait, what?

 

Too late he connected all the dots. Even as he figured out why they were haunting the flight of stairs instead of a proper classroom and how Jun Hyung got into such a close proximity to get himself bedazzled by the crimson–haired witch (though in his opinion, Hyun Seung was equally enamoured by Jun Hyun’s dashingly gorgeous looks), he felt the ground disappeared beneath his feet. He almost thought that it might be possible that he had an ability to fly. Alas, reality kicked in and his brain processed he was, in fact, a mere puppet to earth’s gravitional pull. Shiiiiteee!!!

 

He closed his eyes tightly as he registered two things: a bloody scream that rendered him deaf and the silhouette of a figure turning around the corner.

 

And the next he knew, he heard buzzing sounds that eeriely sounded like “omaigad! Yo Seob-ssi!” and “are you alright!?”. His heart threatened to burst through his neck as he also felt arms wrapped up around him protectively. He was in Du Jun’s arms!!!

 

The weird tingly sensations he had felt last time wasn’t there but he felt secure. His brain must still be frazzled from his near death. He was really in Du Jun’s arms! Perhaps, he would forgive Hyun Seung for that little scare because HE WAS IN DU JUN’S FRIGGIN ARMS AGAIN! What was he supposed to do next? Oh, right! He was supposed to stare into Du Ju’s eyes and turn his cute charms on full throttle to ensnare the other so he would agree when he confessed.

 

But he was still too scared from his near fall and failed to scrunch his face into a cute expression. Damn it all! Oh well, he would just forgo the ‘captivating Du Jun with an alluring look’ and just went straight to the confession. Honestly, he couldn’t handle anymore of this mortifying escapade.

 

“Oh, god!! I’m sorry!! I’m swear I’m not always clumsy! I love you!” he rambled incoherently. “I’m sorry for falling! I didn’t mean to fall! Down the stairs, I mean. I’m not sorry I fell for you too! I’m sorry I’m not making any sense at all! Would you go out with me?!”

 

The ringing in his ears had finally subsided and he could hear the sound of his panting in the quiet corridor. He finally registered the silence and the lack of reply from his crush. God, he really should have done the whole cute thing then. And he opened his eyes to a familiar yet unexpectedly beautiful chocolate eyes.

 

“G-Gi Kwang-ssi!?” he stuttered.

 

“Yo S-Seob-h-hyeong?” a flabbergasted and flushed Gi Kwang stammered back.

 

Yo Seob looked down to see that his body was wrapped in Gi Kwang’s arms. Ah, that explained the lack of electricity. . .He then looked sideways and saw Dong Woon who had a looked of utter betrayal on his face (“Hyeong! How could you?! I thought we were friends?!”). A gleeful Jun Hyung was next to his junior. He could have sworn that he heard the sound of skin slapping on skin from above him and Hyun Seung’s mutterings of ‘foolproof but not Yo Seob and Gi Kwangproof’.

 

Where was Du Jun? He turned his head around to see his object of affection. He spotted him a feet away and he looked constipated and pale.

 

“Du Jun-ssi?” he started.

 

He didn’t get receive any replies. Du Jun only stalked forward to untangle Gi Kwang’s arms around Yo Seob. He yanked the poor boy to his side before proceeding to drag him away. They heard him when he hissed ‘Mine!’ as he pulled the younger closer in an what seemed like an intimate whisper while Gi Kwang whining ‘Hyeong!’.

 

The two left the four teens in four different state of mind. Unsurprisingly, Jun Hyung was amused while his counterpart threw the last two a smug look with his ‘I knew they’d end up together’. Dong Woon donned an expression of abject horror wailing ‘Nuuuuuuuuu!!!’. Yo Seob, well, he fell for the second time that day, into a dead faint.


A/N: I IS ALIVE!!!!!!! I try to feel sorry for the late reply but I can't seem to muster the emotion of remorse. (grins) But I do hope that this chapter finds my readers in good health and still interested in reading. I had complications doing this chapter actually. Spent a lot of time being stuck because no matter what I typed it had sounded off (the characters' personalities weren't in line with their previous ones, especially Hyun Seung and Yo Seob). 

Plus, I also made Yo Seob cry here in this chapter before flowerymisha pointed out that it sounded wrong and I agreed with her (no matter that I was sadistically enjoying the fact)...so yeah, changed how it ended back to as close as I initially planned.

(grins) I don't have to beg you people to comment, right? (smiles hopefully)

Oh, and by the by, can anyone guess who the couple that Dong Woon mentioned? E-cookies for those who are clever enough to get it correct.