So mote it be

Plainly Special

 

They took quite some time to decide on how best for Yo Seob to 'tackle' (“Literally tackling him might actually work, hyeong,” Dong Woon grinned lecherously, “he'll definitely take notice of your aggressive approach. Rrraawwrr...” He ended his sentence with a pawing motion. This, of course, earned him a smack on the head) his problem in getting his man but the four friends finally came to an agreement. . .two agreements, really.

 

The first agreement: they had all agreed to disagree in their ways; they each came up with their own idea – Hyun Seung had concocted two - one of which he refused to say anything about except for “it brought about the greatest love story” - and each thought that their methods were the best approach.

 

“Since this is my life we are deciding on, we should obviously use mine,” Yo Seob insisted loudly, eyeing his three friends. Really, as much as he liked them all, they were quite exasperating when they were meddling. Infuriatingly so. Why can't they just be like normal friends who cheered and supported him from the side instead of trying (and thus far succeeding) to steer his life?

 

Just his luck to have friends who had to be tops in relationships – there was no way in hell that Dong Woon would bottom for anyone, Hyun Seung as he said 'topped from the bottom' and Jun Hyung trumped because he was the man that topped Hyun Seung – they were too damn controlling. But damn it all, it was his life! Shouldn't he have a say in it?

 

Apparently not since Hyun Seung and Dong Woon just gave him pitying looks and returned to their discussion while Jun Hyung just chuckled at his predicament.

 

Yo Seob wrinkled his nose in distaste; he simply disliked it when they did that. Jun Hyung stretched his hand over to ruffle his hair.

 


“Stop,” the blond protested. “You'll ruin the do.”

 

Jun Hyung laughed heartily while his victim pouted. There was an abrupt pause between the other two as Hyun
Seung glanced their way. Yo Seob couldn't decipher the expression thrown his way . . . a contemplative look perhaps? Whatever it was, it disappeared as fast as it had appeared. Hyun Seung returned back to his discussion with vengeance.

 

“Why can't we just do it my way?” Yo Seob whined as he slumped miserably forward onto the table. He looked up entreatingly at Jun Hyung. “Junnie-ah! Make them stop! Tell them to let me have my way. . .”

 

“And what? Lose your one chance to actually have your Du Jun?” Hyun Seung scoffed derisively, interrupting the two friends' moment.

 

“Hyeong!” Dong Woon gasped and hissed in a low tone. “You shouldn't keep reminding Seobbie-hyeong about the 'three'.”

Yo Seob flushed at these words and groused out. “You're the only who kept reminding me about them!”

 

Hyun Seung continued on as if he wasn't interrupted, “Not only would you not get him using your way, it is typical and boring.”

 

The blond winced like a kicked puppy. His idea wasn't that bad, was it? Confessing privately on the rooftop was suppose to be romantic, after all. True, it was typical (and possibly boring) but it worked in movies. . .sorta. And that was what count in the end. . .right?

 

The popular couple relapsed into another private JunSeung conversation again when Hyun Seung raised a delicate eyebrow as a slight frown graced his boyfriend's face. The diva gave an exasperated shake of his head, which was followed by a pointed look from his boyfriend. It ended with a defeated sigh from the queen of the school.

 

He cleared his throat to distract his blond friend from his gloom and doom brooding. “I know how frustrating it is in your situation,” he said haltingly as if being nice pained him. “And I cannot find in myself to be any easier on you, that's the brat's job in our group – I feel that your approach is somewhat. . . lacking.”

 

Yo Seob stared at him and Jun Hyung in amazement, Hyun Seung for trying to be diplomatic, if not nice, and at Jun Hyung for his ability in coaxing such a thing from the former. He shook his head to focus, “Lacking?”

 

“It doesn't take a genius to know that if someone wanted to talk to you privately on a roof, it means a confession is inevitable.” Hyun Seung continued slowly as if explain to an obtuse child. “And if I am right about him being in denial, he'd probably leave you standing out there all alone without so much as a 'Sorry, I can't go out with you'.”

 

The maknae looked slightly disgruntled as he nodded in agreement, apparently he didn't like to be on the same side as his hyeong. “Wouldn't you rather have some epic confession story to tell my future godchildren?”

Yo Seob blinked. Children? Wait. . .that was a bit too. . .There wasn't any plan involving kids! Well, he would want them. . .just not any time soon. He mentally shook his head. Focus! Get Du Jun first. Date second. Marriage. Then plan for kids. Okay, he could do this.

 

“Of course, I'd like my kids to know that their parents met in a romantic settings,” he snipped at the younger. “But how is your plan any better?”

 

Dong Woon had the grace to look affronted. “I'm telling you that it's a fool-proof plan.”

 

“It is important that you do this your way?” the King pinned his blond friend with an intense look, to which said friend replied with vehement nods. The other two started to protest but Jun Hyung held a hand effectively silencing them. “And if your plan fails?”

 

“I-I suppose I'm open to any plans you guys have” the fae-like youngster relented, making his interrogator smiled in satisfaction.

 

The Joker reached across the table to pat his hands in reassurance. His significant other was having none of that. He quickly snatched his hand away while dragging Dong Woon's and unceremoniously dumping it over Yo Seob's.

 

“You. Start comforting.” Hyun Seung said in a commanding hiss and Dong Woon complied, awkwardly patting the hand underneath his. Then he turned a glacial glare onto the other boy. “You. Keep your hands to yourself until your precious Du Jun can do these things for you.”

 

“So it's decided. Yo Seobbie would go first,” Jun Hyung stated.

 

“And when his plan fails. . .oww.!! HYEONG!!” Dong Woon keened, throwing his blond attacker an accusatory glare. He huffed indignantly, “Fine. IF your plan fails, we should use - ”

 

“MY plan,” the wintry beauty cut in.

 

“Hey, that's not fair!”

 

“The world's a , hun,” came the nonchalant shrug. “As am I.”

 

“And we're back to square one,” Yo Seob whined.

 

“Then, you decide,” Jun Hyung said, startling the cute blond. “Whatever you decide is fine by us.” He threw a glance at the other two, deigning the subject close from further discussion (objection). The second agreement (albeit reluctantly with some of the parties involved) came to being.

 

“Errmmm,” Yo Seob looked at Jun Hyung entreatingly, ignoring the cold intense stares from the other two. “Do you want to go . . .uh. . .second . . .?” The blond shivered as the temperature dropped even lower.

 

Jun Hyung tilted his head sideways and gave a long assessing look at the blond as if his face held answers to the future. As if he had gotten what he wanted, he turned sideways to play with Hyun Seung's hair.

 

“Pass,” Jun Hyung gave his trademark smirk, “I'll go last. I think the other two have compromised enough as it is. They might try to make your life miserable if you push your luck.”

 

“You're evil.”Yo Seob plopped down onto the table with a groan. “You're actually enjoying this, aren't you? Prolonging it too.”

 

The only reply was an amused chuckle.

 

“You know how he is,” Hyun Seung purred into the conversation. “It's all about fair exchanges.”

 

“Yeah.” Dong Woon snickered. “Jun Hyung hyeong wouldn't do anything if he doesn't get any entertainment out of it.”

 

“Now, depending on your answer, you'd be safe and live happily ever after,” Hyun Seung interjected with a derisive tone before descending into a frosty one as he checked his nails, “Choose wisely. I hate to hire someone to kill you and find a replacement. Too much hassle. ”

 

Not to be beaten, the youngest started to pull the blond's arm back and forth, whining throughout the entire episode much to Yo Seob's chagrin, “Hyeong, don't listen to him. Pick me. Pick me. Pick me. Hyeeeeooooonnng!”

 

It wasn't much of a contest really. Either be killed and replaced easily or saddled with a whining brat. Staying alive was a good idea and he had developed some immunity to the brat throughout the time he knew him. He could tune most of the latter out if need be.

 

“Hyun Seung would go second,” he declared resulting in a smug Hyun Seung, who flicked his hair to the side with a, “Naturally.” and a gobsmacked Dong Woon (“Forever betrayed!!!”). The cute male smiled apologetically at the despairing prince.

 

“Sorry, Woon-ah. Hyun Seung's scarier and you are a tad bit annoying. You can go after Hyun Seung if his plan fails...owww. Hyun Seung, stop hitting me!!”

“What do you mean if my plan failed?” Hyun Seung growled while relentlessly raining smacks onto his less than devoted follower. “Don't you have any faith in my plan!?”

“Hey, ouch! Ack! Jun Hyung, make him stop! ” The blond tried to defend himself from his assailant. “It's just a ‘what if situation’! Shut up, Woonie!!!You guys are doing the same thing when I already have a plan in mind.”

 

“That's because yours is bound to fail.” Hyun Seung rolled his eyes, ceasing his attacks (because his delicate hands were starting to sting) leaving the poor boy to rub his battle wounds.

 

Jun Hyung took his lover's hands and soothing the stinging with a gentle massage. Hyun Seung gave a barely stifled sigh of content at Jun Hyung's ministration and huffed. “Lucky for you, Jun Hyung seemed to be on your side. I shall concede for now. Though I demand compensations...a tribute is expected.”

 

“Now,” Jun Hyung began with his renowned smirk, “Everything seems to be in order. I suggest a toast for. . .good luck.” He raised his cup, the rest following his action. “To Yo Seob finally getting a man and the endless entertainments I will get out of it.” Said blond threw a dirty look at the last comment but otherwise agreeing to the toast.

 

“To finally getting 'it' to shut up,” Hyun Seung joined.

 

“To my owning a real life action figure!” Dong Woon piped in cheerfully. The others looked at him questioningly, with the exception of Jun Hyung who had an amused smirk. “Secret~”

 

And that was how the argument ended and the start of Yo Seob's nightmare.

 

 

 

Excerpts of JunSeung's discussion

Conversation 1:

He turned to Jun Hyung. If anyone would know, it would be his beloved 'Joker'. After all, the boy was a sea of information. If you had done something, he would probably know; nothing would escape his knowledge. It wasn't the fact that he was nosy. No, far from it...the school just happened to be his kingdom and as king, it was his right to know everybody's business. And, as his official queen consort equal, Hyun Seung would gain that knowledge by default, provided he was inclined to ask, of course.

 

As common practice, he looked questioningly at Jun Hyung . “Is this true? Or are they just on crack?”

 

Joker gave his affirmative short nod. “It's true.”

 

It was replied with a quirk of an eyebrow. “How is this possible?”

 


“Someone had a hand in it,” Jun Hyung shrugged.

 

Hyun Seung stared at bit more. “And who is this 'someone'?”

 

The other boy replied with a tilt of his head and a nonchalant shrug. “I'd rather not say.”

 

The beautiful boy tried to stare the other down. “Tell me.”

 

He got a smile for his trouble. “Does it even matter?”

 

Hyun Seung suddenly huffed. “Fine. Tell me next time.”

 

Conversation 2:

 

The popular couple relapsed into another private JunSeung conversation again.

 


“You’re being too harsh. Apologise,” he bade with a slight frown gracing on his face.

 


“What?” Hyun Seung denoted raised a delicate eyebrow as graced his boyfriend's face. The diva gave an exasperated shake of his head, “I didn't do anything wrong. He'll live.”

 

Another a pointed look from his boyfriend followed. “Last time was your turn. Now it's mine.”

 

In ended with a defeated sigh from the queen of the school. “Fine. I'll be nice.”

 

A/N: As per usual. No need to be shy. Penny for your thoughts on this story so far.