Revelation

Plainly Special

 

BRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

“Remember to eat healthily! And no carbs!” the coach called out over the dinning bell, the students happily ignoring her as they trudged their way over to the locker room.  “And don't forget, next week you'll have...”

 

Yo Seob tuned out the last sentence as he busily dragged his abused body across the room, thoughts still circulating on the scene in the cafeteria between Du Jun and Gi Kwang. It was gnawing at him into distraction and he had several bruises to prove it when he got hit by the thrown balls a few times. He was going full out on being depress that he was surprised that nobody in his class said anything. Phys Ed was the only one he didn't share with any of his friends (so they couldn't help out to soothe his nerves) or Du Jun (who, he could contently stare at without care from the corner of his eyes).

 

Unfortunately, the same thing couldn't be said for Gi Kwang. He couldn't help but frown at the poor boy from across the room throughout the lesson. Yo Seob was quite sure the boy didn't notice it but he did keep squirming in discomfort once in a while. He knew it wasn't exactly Gi Kwang's fault but Du Jun's smiling face at the shorter male was set on replay in his head.

 

 “What are you doing to yourself, Seobbie!” he mentally berated himself. “You're just trying to find trouble where it doesn't exist. Maybe they're just the overly friendly type.”

 

He nodded feverishly as he finished changing. Yes, that might be it. The two were nothing more than friends. Perhaps even childhood friends. Gi Kwang's overly eager attitude could be explained away as idol worshipping. And suddenly he smiled brightly. He had everything figured out.

 

So deep in his mind that he wasn't looking where he was going and knocked over a figure that came from one of the shower stalls.

 

“I'm sorry, I thought everyone had gone off,” the other person said.

 

“No, it was my -” Yo Seob began but stopped short when he realised who he had stumbled onto. Think of the devil and there he was. He was pretty much sure that whatever higher power was up there surely had a weird sense of humour.

 

Bumping into the boy, the blond was struck by a sudden epiphany. He had actually never been this close to Gi Kwang before. He had always seen him only from afar hanging onto Du Jun. That brought another bout of dark thoughts in his head.

 

Yo Seob seized the opportunity to appraise the other male. On closer inspection Yo Seob realised that Lee Gi Kwang was a very attractive boy. Those hideous glasses he usually wore were actually hiding a beautiful set of warm chocolate eyes. And now without them, the blond was almost swept away by the sheer magnitude of their penetrating stare.

 

As if that wasn't enough of a blow, Yo Seob had to do a double take when his eyes roamed down those chiselled chest to his absolutely perfect waist. Who knew that underneath all those bulky clothes that the other seemed determined to wear everyday (only god knows why) was a very lithe and toned figure?

 

He also noticed that Gi Kwang was slightly shorter than him (much to his pleasure). Though that actually could be added into the adorable factor. Gi Kwang's raven locks were also determined to delicately frame his face in a cute outlook. Yo Seob scowled at that thought. Was Du Jun into the adorable type?  And damn if the other didn't have a smooth complexion that could turn any girl green with envy. He could see how Gi Kwang would be appealing to the eyes, especially when he was flushed after a shower. Was it just him or was the other boy's sun-kissed skin turning into an attractive pink hue?

 

“Erm...ah...Yo Seob h-hyeong, ” Gi Kwang stuttered out, interrupting his thoughts. “C-can you let go of me?”

 

The last sentence finally broke through his reverie. He realised that he actually had his hands wrapped around the other's face and neck in an intimate manner. Gi Kwang's hands were holding onto his arms, as if prepared to pull him off.

 

“Ah, err – sorry bout that. Was trying to uh – I lost my balance a second time -” he trailed off lamely.

 

“Oh...okay.” was all Gi Kwang said in return.

 

Awkward silence ensued and neither moved from their positions. Then, pandemonium struck in the form of Dong Woon.

 

“Hyeong, I've been waiting outside the gym for 20 minutes. Are you -?” Dong Woon voice floated through the entry, heralding his arrival.

 

Several things happened following his untimely announcement in a domino effect. By domino, meaning a startled Yo Seob backing up in surprise pulling a shocked Gi Kwang who still had his hands wrapped on the other's arms. Unprepared for the sudden addition of weight, the blond fell with a strangled yelp onto his back with the shorter boy landing on top in an ungraceful heap; head on Yo Seob's chest with his lower half sticking unceremoniously in the air..

 

Whatever Dong Woon was trying to say flew out the window as he stood transfixed at the doorway. There was a slight scuffle as Yo Seob tried to sit up while the raven haired youth scrambled away, body bent as he tried, and failing spectacularly, to cover his body.

 

“It's not what you think!” Yo Seob shouted. “He tripped, I swear!”

 

His denial fell onto deaf ears as the youngest just continued to stare dazedly at the half Gi Kwang, who by then, was flushed red in utter embarrassment.

 

“Who -? Wha- When did - ? Huh? Him?” The usually suave prince stuttered out, eyes wide in obvious shock.

 

It was a disconcerting moment for Yo Seob because not only he was found in a compromising situation by his dongsaeng, this was the first time he saw said dongsaeng reduced to an incoherent mess. Though he mostly felt sorry for Gi Kwang for...well, just because.

 

Not knowing what to do, he quickly got up on his feet and sprinted to Dong Woon.

 

“I'm really, really sorry, Gi Kwang-ah!” was all he said as he disappeared from view dragging the entranced boy.