Mission 1 - Double Crush Day

Plainly Special

 

Yo Seob couldn't really believe it. How did his friends ever managed to corner coerce convince him into this whole business of confessions again?

 

“There had been those three. . .things got better for a bit. . .and then they happened. . ..afterwards it was that. . .and ” he muttered to himself, memories flashing in his mind from the three time he had made confessions to his crushes (all of which Dong Woon never failed to remind him every chance he got. He really needed to get one over that brat somehow). After a while, he had gotten over the painful humiliations. Really. Because there was Du Jun.

 

Du Jun came into the picture and everything was all warm and fuzzy again. He was way better than the last three (obviously); he was everything he had ever wanted. Of course, Yo Seob had learnt his lessons. He would pine from a far, to always look but do nothing about it and his attention solely devoted to Du Jun. Apparently, this self-imposed celibacy was not to his friends' liking, so they drilled and grilled the information out of him. And when they discovered that he had a new crush and they knew who said crush was, there were several mixed reactions.

 

They had it in their head that Yo Seob would needed couldn't get his crush's attention without their help. Translation: they need to stick their noses into his business and run his life for him.

 

Mission: confess to Du Jun. . . and successfully ensnare his little friend,  Lee Gi Kwang for Dong Woon at the same time.  They came up with several ideas to accomplish this mission, the only problem being whose idea to use. Thankfully, Jun Hyung intervened and Yo Seob got to try his way first (the others were confident that his wouldn't work at all. Bastards, the whole bunch of them). 

 

All of these had contributed to his increasingly, incessantly and annoyingly fast heart palpitations. Pacing trenches onto the floor wasn't helping much. With every second his self-doubt crept deeper into his mind, not to mention the anxiety. He threw himself onto a chair and slumped dejectedly on the desk.

 

What exactly should he do? His initial plan was to call Du Jun to the roof and confess there. It was, after all, a classic move. But Hyun Seung and Dong Woon's words made him think twice. It was definitely unoriginal...too mundane to be an epic tale to tell his future kids...Damn Dong Woon...Then it was also a see-through plan. Du Jun might realised that it was a set for a confession and he probably wouldn't turn up like the ice queen predicted...Damn Hyun Seung...

 

If not the roof, where then?

 

. . .

 

Maybe he shouldn't confess after all. . .Yes, he should just stop aggravating himself and not confess at all. He would just spend his days happily pining from afar.

 

Then his thigh tingled, signalling an incoming message on his phone. He opened his inbox. A message from Dong Woon. . .great.

 

“Gi Kwang-hyeong isn't in school today:(”

 

He quickly replied with a short, “And?”

 

Seconds later, he read another message from the younger male. “So I won't be helping today.”

 

Yo Seob huffed indignantly and keyed in a “You !”

 

Another text came but it wasn't from the maknae. Hyun Seung apparently wanted to know what was with the hold up. He told him that he was mentally preparing himself.

 

“Give. It. Up. Spare yourself the pain and just give the reins to me.”

 

Yo Seob wanted to scream out loud in frustration. He forwarded the last text to Dong Woon to him.

 

All he got back was, “Fine. Just hurry up and get your humiliation over with.”

 

Great...talk about friendly support.

 

Just as he was about to pocket his phone, another message came. It was from Jun Hyung. Well, since the other two had also texted him, why not Jun Hyung as well? He'd probably be useful though. . .

“Stop pacing. Go confess.” Well, not much of a help but more of ordering him about.

 

Yo Seob sighed. It simply was easier said than done. Those three wouldn't have any problems getting anyone they wanted (granted, if Jun Hyun and Hyun Seung weren't seeing each other, they could have found others if they so desired) without much effort. They'd probably just looked at their victim and the charms and poof, any mental capabilities their vict...targets possess would self-destruct. Hell, others would probably begged them to take them if they didn't appear so...untouchable.

 

As if sensing his turmoil, another message came from Jun Hyung. “You'll do fine. Just be yourself.”

 

Yo Seob had to grin. Even though his friend never really expressed much emotions saved for his smirk of amusement and glee in making people's lives a living drama, he really was supportive. And nice. And caring. And...

 

...such an over-controlling, nosy and conniving  miscreant if his next text was to be trusted.

 

“I took the liberty to call Du Jun to classroom 2-A. He's been waiting for 10 minutes. Just be yourself. Good luck. :)”

 

The cute adolescent's eyes widened comically. He's been waiting for 10 minutes? e!! He sprinted off in the direction of said class as fast as he could, expertly weaving his body around any obstacles in his way.

 

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn, Jun Hyung! He didn't even know what to say yet! Now, he couldn't even stop for a second to take a breather and plan what to say. So afraid that Du Jun wouldn't be there when he arrived.

 

There! The door was opened, meaning he wouldn't need to stop and waste time opening it. He really hoped that Du Jun was still waiting. . . And. . . oooffph, he ran into a solid mass knocking the breath out of him.

 

Did someone close the door and he hit it straight on? It sure fell like he ran into a wall, his entire body jarred with the shock and addled his thoughts. Wait. . .door never had any hands. . .much less ones that could wrapped around his waist.

 

Then he felt it. The warmth suffusing through him before electricity charged through his nerves and  ending with explosion of white lights in his eyes. Ah, he finally understood that law that Kim-son saeng nim had always spouted, about how energy was never destroyed nor created but conserved through changes of forms. He was certainly experiencing this very phenomenon. 

 

Slowly, the energy dissipated and he blinked a couple of times, finally seeing the door that had miraculously entangled around his body in a protective gesture. Fancy that, a door with hands. He needed to tell his parents to get doors like that.

 

“Whoa, there! You alright?” The door asked (Yo Seob couldn't help but imagined it to be husky).

 

Huh? It talked too. Might it be heaven's door? Yo Seob giggled. It was no door, of course. Only Du Jun. A smiling Du Jun at that, with a tinge of concern on his face. (Déjà vu , anyone? ) Only Du Jun...only Du Jun...DU JUN!!!

 

Du Jun's voice rumbled when he chuckled. “Yeah, that's my name.”

 

Struck with realisation, the blond's eyes widened comically. He said that out aloud, didn't he? Damn it...He just wanted to shrivel up and die...Oh well, at least he didn't cringe when he shouted...but then again he had probably gotten used to Gi Kwang shouting his lungs out.

 

“We never actually got to talk with each other,” Du Jun began hesitantly. “Yo Seob, right?”

 

“Omo!! He knows my name!!” Was the only thought that squealed out in his head. The blond saw that the other boy was waiting for a confirmation. Not trusting his voice not to sound squeaky, he could only reply with a nod. He tried his best not to blush and lowered his gaze..only to realise that the taller still had his hands around his waist.

 

There went his plan on not blushing. 

 

“I – uh – mmph,” Yo Seob said unintelligently as he faced the other, then ducking back his head turning a deeper shade of crimson.

 

As if realising the cause of the blond's flustered state, he released his hold on the younger male hesitantly (at least Yo Seob thought so, or rather hoped that the Du Jun was reluctant to let him go).

 

“Sorry bout that,” Du Jun grinned languidly, threatening to steal Yo Seob's sanity (not that it was protesting). Yo Seob just stared at him. Du Jun cleared his throat. “Hey, listen. I was called out here by Jun Hyung-ssi from this morning and had been waiting for him for awhile. He hasn't come yet. Did he send you here?”

 

It seemed that his mental train had been derailed and connection to his mouth was severed. Yo Seob could open his mouth only to close it a second later, no sound coming out.  The two spent an few moments of silence.

 

He could do this. Just say it and this would be over. Yes, he could do this! He could and he would! Yo Seob took a deep breath.

 

“Du Jun-ssi, I-” the blond started.

 

“Uh, excuse me,” a voice cut him midway. “Yo Seob-ssi?”

 

Both boys turned to see the source of the interruption, landing on handsome male. A boy form his one of his classes who Yo Seob couldn't recall his name at the moment, Daniel something or such. “Uh, yes?”

 

He had walked closer to stand infront of him, sparing a glance to Du Jun before turning his attention back to Yo Seob. “I was hoping to catch you in class but you went out early. I- uh...” he said uncomfortably, his face flushed red. “W-would, you go out with me?”

 

For the second time that hour, he could feel the strain on his face as his eyes widened. Oh no! This could not be happening now!!!!! Not when he was supposed to confess to Du Jun!!!

 

DU JUN!!!!

 

Yo Seob twisted around to face his crush. Du Jun's jaw clenched tautly and Yo Seob could have sworn that his eyes were a raging tempest. The blond closed his eyes in surprise. He must have had imagined the whole thing because the next he opened them, Du Jun had a sly grin that said 'you dog, you,' adorning his handsome face.

 

“Ah, I guess I was mistaken,” he said nonchalantly, “Jun Hyung-ssi must have forgotten. I'll just go off to find him. I'll leave the two to finish up your. . .business.”

 

Wait, did Yo Seob just imagined it, or was Du Jun's voice lacking of its husky tone? He sounded colder, especially when he gestured to the boy.

 

Before the smaller boy could protest, Du Jun's back was to him and he sauntered off with hands in his pocket. He was about to follow the other when a hand reached out and grabbed his sleeves.

 

“Y-Yo Seob-ssi?”

 

Yo Seob felt like crying.

 

. . .

 


. . .

 

He had planned to meet and confess to Du Jun away from the roof to avoid getting rejected even before he confess only to end up getting confessed to by another boy (another person in his list that he had sent off crying) before voicing out his own. He was too preoccupied, resulting in getting yelled at in class for dazing off and was assigned detention.

 

As if to add insult to injury, heaven decided to spit him with rain on his way home. He sighed dejectedly. He supposed his day couldn't get any worse.

 

Vrrrrrttt!! Vrrrrrtttt!! His phone vibrated on his table. A message.

 

He opened the text.

 

From Hyun Seung, “My turn.”

 

Yo Seob ended up yelling onto his pillow in frustration.

 

A/N: Liking it so far? Am currently doing the next chapter. It's going painfully slow...hopefully, you people could wait a bit longer? Don't forget to stop by and tell me what you think of the story so far. (grins)