Tension and Unrest

What's Our Status?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes. He stayed still for a few seconds to steady his hazy condition. When his vision finally cleared, the first thing he saw was the familiar white ceiling of the EXO organization headquarters.

“B-baekhyun?” came a low voice from beside him. He turned his head and saw all his friends peering down at him with worried faces. “… Are you finally coming to now?” Suho, who was standing beside Chanyeol, asked “How are you feeling?”

 

Groaning, Baekhyun sat up and looked around “Where am I? … W-what happened?”. As soon as he asked it, the answers came flooding into his mind and his face darkened. Sensing this, his friends kept quiet for a while.

 

 

 

“You’re in one of the guest rooms in HQ, Baek …” Chanyeol broke the silence “You’ve been out of it for 3 whole days, dude ...” he smiled softly. Though his tall friend meant well, Baekhyun couldn’t help but glare at him for even daring to smile at him when things were like this.

 

“I have to go …” he shifted his body and sat on the edge of the bed. His friends all stood up at alarm. “Don’t move so much. The paralysis hasn’t fully worn off yet. And your injuries are pretty bad” Lay informed him. Baekhyun ignored him and pulled off the of the IV drip on his hand, drawing blood on his skin. “Baekhyun!” Chanyeol scolded.

“I don’t have time to be lying here …” Baekhyun muttered and stood up, only to be forced back down by the dizzy spell that instantly hit him. “You have to rest more. Calm down” Chanyeol supported him from the side but was rudely shaken off by his best friend.

“DON’T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, PARK CHANYEOL!” he yelled and stood up again and started walking toward the door. “Hyung …” Sehun and Tao held him back. “Get out of my way …” he glared at the two maknaes and shook them off.

“Baekhyun, please …” Suho grabbed his arm “… You shouldn’t be acting like this”. “Shut up!” he hissed and pulled his arm back. The EXO agents, especially EXO-K, were a bit taken aback by Baekhyun’s actions toward their leader.

Just as he was about to open the door, Baekhyun was slammed against the wall, causing everyone’s face to pale. “LISTEN HERE, YOU ANNOYING IDIOT!” Chanyeol voice was loud and threatening as he shoved Baekhyun against the wall, hard.

“Chanyeol!” Suho scolded but was ignored.

“Yeah! Soojung is gone! … She’s been kidnapped!” Chanyeol yelled at Baekhyun’s face “She’s gone and what? … you wanna play hero and go save her? In THAT condition?! Tell me, WHAT CAN YOU DO IN YOUR CURRENT STATE?! Like that, do you think you can get to Soojung without dying first?! Stop panicking like an idiot and THINK FOR ONCE!”  

Baekhyun gritted his teeth. His eyes filled with anger and frustration. He wanted to punch Chanyeol so bad but he can’t deny anything the tall guy just said. Even now, he could feel the dizziness threatening to take his consciousness once again.

 

“What is going on in here?” Onew’s voice cut through the tense atmosphere. SHINee entered the room, questioning everyone with their eyes. Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun’s collar and looked away.

“Ya, Byun Baekhyun! What are you doing out of bed?!” Key gasped. “Your injuries and condition won’t heal for at least a week. What are you all doing?” Minho asked.

 

Suho and Kris looked at each other but before either of them spoke up …

“I need to go and find Soojung” Baekhyun said. Jonghyun raised an eye brow at him “… catch!” he suddenly threw a gun in Baekhyun’s direction and it dropped to the ground with a loud clatter before he could even blink. “So … you want to go and save Soojung when you’re in THIS bad of a shape?” Jonghyun asked. Baekhyun shut his mouth and stared at the ground.

Lay walked over to Baekhyun and lead him back to the bed “I know it’s hard for you but seriously, Baekhyun … You need more rest. You are completely useless right now, sorry to say”.  Unwillingly, Baekhyun laid down on the bed and turned his body toward the wall; backing everyone.

With a sigh, Suho looked at their sunbaes. Taemin eyed the back of Baekhyun’s head before speaking “… We’ve finished analyzing all the security camera footages in Soojung and Baekhyun’s estate.  And … we found out who kidnapped Soojung …” the SHINee maknae paused. Baekhyun braced himself. He was the only one who knew who the culprit was at that time and he wasn’t sure how s were gonna react when Taemin reveals it.

“Who is it?” Kris asked.

 

 

“It was Luhan” Onew answered.

For a whole while, it was silent. Baekhyun was surprised that there weren’t any hostile reactions other than a few silent gasps. But he figured that s were probably staying calm for his sake. They knew him too well. They knew that he was dying of worry and fear for Soojung.

He bit his lip and shifted his body so that he was lying on his back, facing the cei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter