A Day in the Life

What's Our Status?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Chanyeol! What’s your status?” Suho asked through their ear piece communicators as he cautiously made his way through the dark alley with Sehun and D.O following behind him.

“Nothing” Chanyeol spoke from the other line “There’s nothing yet. This place is nothing but rubble! And stinky fish smell!” the tall Chanyeol groaned as he smoothly shifted through the old cargo crates. “True” Baekhyun commented beside him “How about on your side, leader? Anything?”. “N-no” Suho  admitted “We’ve had as much luck as you guys, apparently. Anyway, let’s keep going!”

In two groups, the six guys stealthily made their way through the abandoned shipping port, not making a single notable sound and almost gliding through the darkness. They were looking for the four Russian representatives who have been taken hostage by a terrorist group.

“Tsk!” Kai, who was in Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s group, hissed irritably “Couldn’t those darn terrorists been more specific about the location? Making us run around aimlessly like this, I’ll kill them all.”. “Calm down, Kai” Suho spoke from the other line “We’ll find them. They’re close I can feel it”

“Well, I hope your instincts are right, Hyung” Kai mumbled “Cause this is really starting to--”

“Kai, look out!!!” Baekhyun suddenly yelled as he saw a red dot lingering on the younger guy’s forehead. Just in time, Baekhyun was able to push him aside before a bullet sunk into his skull. “Crap!” Kai cursed aloud and pointed his gun toward the source of the gunshot.

“What happened, guys?” D.O asked on the other line. “We’ve found them!” Chanyeol answered, pointing his gun toward the dark silhouette. “We’re on our way!” Suho said and it went silent.

Not sparing another second, Baekhyun was the first to shoot at the unknown figure in front of them. The sound of clanking metal was heard which meant that the target was mechanical. And huge.

 

“Ha ha ha ha …” came a looming voice from the dark figure “Do you really think you could defeat us with just that? What is the Russian government thinking of sending these skinny little boys after us? They must be desperate” he mocked.  “Show yourself, coward!” Chanyeol challenged, offended by the insults.

The shipping port was suddenly filled with light as big, football field light heads . Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai winced at the sudden change of lighting. When everything dimmed down, the three agents noticed that they were surrounded; Four military jeeps armed with a 30-caliber machine gun each locked onto them from all directions. The man that spoke grinned evilly as he signaled his men to aim at them.

So in total, 4 machine guns and about a dozen riffles were aimed at the three of them.

 

“Where are you keeping the representatives?” Baekhyun glared at the man who appeared to be the leader of the group. The man chuckled again “Do you still think you’d be successful in this little operation of yours? Open your eyes, fool! You’re surrounded! There’s no escape!” he laughed.

In the speed of light, Baekhyun swung his arm toward the man and a small, circular device, the size of a mere coin, flew out from his sleeve. The device swiftly landed on the military jeep that the leader was standing on. It blinked red for a few seconds then …

 

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

 

The jeep was reduced to ashes and scrap metal along with the people who were in a 3-meter perimeter of it. Baekhyun smirked.

Of course, the other military jeeps started firing at the three agents after the explosion. Chanyeol and Kai dodged the bullets as if they could see them and shot a few rounds themselves, hitting their targets flawlessly. While this exchange of firing took place, Baekhyun ran over to the leader whose dying body flew about a dozen feet from his original position.

“W-who are you?” the leader asked, struggling to speak. Baekhyun grabbed him by the collar “Where are the representatives?” he repeated his earlier question. “Tch!” the leader spat at him then coughed up blood. Baekhyun shoved him forward in disgust “Fine! Just die then, you scum!” he kicked him hard walked off to help his comrades.

“Who are you?!” the leader cried. Baekhyun smirked again, not turning around “Ever heard of ‘EXO’, you old bag?” he asked arrogantly. “N-no way!” the leader gaped “that assassin organization?!”. Baekhyun just chuckled “The rumors are really starting to go crazy. In Germany it was ‘mass murderers’. Unbelievable” he commented and walked off.

“Wait! Wait!” the leader yelled “Wai--”

*BOOOOOOMM!!!!* a barrel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter