Shinee Era

Arranged Bromance

 

 

            Kim Kibum twirled his jacket strings and looked at the 4 other boys in the room.

            There was that tall sunbae who was technically younger than him…Choi Minho, the one he was always fighting with. That guy seriously had anger management issues. All he did was ask him what time the next lesson was and he had exploded. But yes, it had gotten better.

            There was Lee Jinki, a nice guy with an easy smile who always snuck out to eat chicken and mostly shared.

            Lee Taemin was the cute little dancer. Kibum had tried to be friends with him, but he wasn’t even there when he had gone over to his house a couple months ago. But he was cute…and that was all that mattered.

            And finally there was Kim Jonghyun. The guy with insane vocals and looked like a dino, maybe a t-rex. He was short and Kibum had seen four-inch insoles in his shoes.

            The CEO finally entered the (for once) quiet dance room and grinned broadly at the five confused teenagers. “Congrats everyone! We decided to form you five into a group called Shinee. Just sign some contracts and we’ll start practices for the five of you specifically.”

            They blinked back at him and his grin diminished. He coughed awkwardly. “Well yes, let me just go get your contracts.” Closing the door behind him, he gave them one last weird look before closing the door.

 


 

            Taemin was the first one to jump up and scream before hugging the nearest person, which was Lee Jinki who quickly joined him.

            Kibum grinned and hugged someone too…which turned out to be that Minho kid. Minho just grinned at him as well before awkwardly clearing his throat and joining Taemin and Jinki.

            Feeling a pair of arms grab him, Kibum turned to see Jonghyun hugging him tightly and he hugged back. “I told you we were going to be idols!”

            He laughed. “Fine, fine. You were right.”

            They had just gotten into a group hug when the CEO came back. He looked at the boys and chuckled. “Here are the contracts. Just have them signed on the dot after you’ve read through them and we’ll start practices with just the five of you starting tomorrow.”

            Everyone nodded and contented themselves to reading the contracts.

            “Oh, and I’m going to assign your images. They’ll be mostly like you, but maybe a little dramatized.”

            He looked at Jinki. “You are the ideal leader. Always smiling, nice, charming, but with a bit of a clumsy side. But I will let you keep your chicken obsession.”

            Jinki let out a cheer when the CEO studied him. “But Jinki doesn’t sound like the name of an idol. How about Onew?”

            Jinki/Onew nodded. “It sounds okay.”

            Jonghyun was to remain Jonghyun. He was going to be the ‘manly’ figure of the group, main vocal, and the one who was height obsessed in the group (which he already was).

            Minho was flaming charisma and even he snorted when he heard it come out of the CEO’s mouth.

            Taemin was the cute maknae with a lot of aegyo and everyone knew it was going to happen. Kibum thought about that image. What if when he reached his 20’s and wouldn’t be the cute and willing to do aegyo Taemin?

            Then the CEO turned to him. “And now for Kibum. I think we’re going to have to change your name to Key because we already have Kim Kibum in Super Junior. You will be the key to your fans hearts!”

            Key raised an eyebrow. This was getting extremely cheesy.

            “You will also be the diva. Because you’re good at rapping, singing, and dancing we’ll have you be the almighty Key.”

            Key just nodded and bowed. “Kamsahmida.”

            The contracts were signed and the CEO smiled at them before they were free to go for the day. “Oh and by the way. You do know about bromances, right?”

            The teenagers blinked at him. “Bromances, sir?”

            “It’s just a very close friendship between two members to the point where fans start to ship them.”

            Minho frowned. “And you think we need one sir?”

            “Well all the successful boy groups did. So I believe we need one. And the pair will be—“

            Key looked around at the others. If he was with Onew, it might be a little awkward. And Taemin was so young he felt like a son. Minho…let’s not even think about that. And Jonghyun, they were friends but still a bromance? He just hoped that his name wasn’t called.

            “Key and Jonghyun.”

            Key sighed and Jonghyun turned to smile at him.

            *Well, it isn’t too bad. At least we’re already friends. It’s not like he’s making us date or anything*

            “Oh and one last thing. You all are free to go, but I need Key and Jonghyun to have a date in the café next door.”

            The two teenagers turned with their jaws dropped. “A DATE?”

Wah! Hi lovely subscribers! So the first few chapters are kinda short (and not written yet) but hopefully it'll get better? I hope you guys enjoy this fic!

- chocolate-notes :)

and you know...feel free to check out my other stories :)