Summary

Arranged Bromance

 

-dance rehearsal and jonghyun admires key’s dancing while key admires his singing…they go out afterwards while everyone else has a schedule for starking and go to eat ice  cream. Someone calls them bad words because they’re undercover (you know, two guys in public together, eating ice cream, holding hands). But then jonghyun just laughs and takes off his sunglasses and hat to reveal himself. The teenager freezes and bows to apologize. Key smiled a little sadly. No one in their right mind would think idols would date each other….if they were the same gender.

-they go to the beach for some fun and we have jongkey in a hammock and everyone’s having fun and people start getting drunk

-they play truth or dare and someone drunkenly dares key to kiss jonghyun…he grins charmingly and agrees and jonghyun is scared but then gets his hopes up only to have key kiss his hand. He smirks at jjong. Did you want something more?

-shin se kyung and key's being glaring and jealous and stuff. Then jonghyun excuses himself to go after key and they talk in the hallway and key just says it feels like I’m losing my best friend. Jonghyun just smiles and understands.

-but key does feel jealous so goes out and gets his own girlfriend but then can’t stand her so very nicely lets her down…but the girl just smiles and goes oh i know you love jonghyun. You guys would make a cute couple. Good luck key! She smiles and waves and leaves. Leaves key wondering if he likes jonghyun and talking to himself…and then jonghyun hears the whole thing and stares at the boy before leaving the dorm.

-they go to namsam to film something and they get a lock and key writes his message down and they decide to do 2min and jongkey locks while Onew says he’ll share his love with the fans instead… key writes yeobo saranghae ;) . Jonghyun takes the lock and writes something and while key’s watching to make sure minho doesn’t do anything to taemin. Jonghyun takes the lock and he clips it onto the fence and before taking a protesting yeobo away. Key asks what he wrote and where their lock even is and jonghyun just smiles and walks away. 'Yah you dino! Where’s our lock?' Jonghyun just climbs a tree and lounges and is like 'this is my tree it’s the biggest and it's mine.' It was a funny tree to it looked like a dinosaur. Key takes the tree next to it and is like this is mine then. Then jonghyun tosses him a silver key. 'Here you can keep it since it’s a key and all'.

-they go to a club as shinee undercover and this guy starts to hit on Key and Jonghyun gets all mad at the guy and scary and stuff.

-during one of the concerts for smtown where everyone’s around and taemin’s POV watching jongkey and how they’re all smiley and lovey dovey. It might be fanservice…but then again. He sees them whispering and then dumps a water bottle on them and the rest of shinee follows. Key smiles and taemin’s scared now. 'Yeobo do you have anything for our children?' 'Why yes jagiya and jongkey attacks the rest of shinee'

-the guys notice that jongkey got awkward and they only talk to each other when it’s necessary… and spend a lot of time with minkey and jongtae. key keeps fiddling with a necklace (it’s the key jonghyun gave him) or something the guys wonder and onew’s like maybe one of them confessed but the other refused…but that only happens for a week and then everything is back together

-at the age of 33ish…the group is disbanded…tears crying and group hug and they haven’t made it public, but everyone’s depressed so they sulk around. Minho and Taemin decide to play every video game imaginable before they have to leave the dorm. Onew orders tons of chicken and just watches his friends. Key is cooking up a storm and keep feeding everyone while jonghyun wonders what’s going to happen to them now.

-they still have solo careers and they’re all still friends and live in the same building. Key has dinner with jonghyun and he cries and says he misses having the group together and misses jonghyun and stuff…then he accidentally lets it slip how he wishes they were still young and could have dated…then freezes and closes his eyes and jonghyun gets up silently. Key waits for jonghyun to leave but then feels hands taking his own off of his eyes and sees the dino in front of him. And whispers why didn’t you tell me sooner then we could have told sooman and kiss yay

-It’s Thanksgiving and they’re snuggled into a couch and they remember that they were hugging and being bromancy when the ceo walked in and got really mad backstage at the shinee concert way back when.  And then tells them to do jongtae and minkey .So that’s why it was awkward…and they laugh and remember what happened at shine hello baby…jonghyun got jealous and attacked key and onew and he tripped and fell onto key and it got a little awkward and key just smiled and said yeobo and then the pd was like what are you doing?!? This show is watched by families! Then they smile and the others walk into jongkey apartment and look at all the food key had cooked and the attempts made by jonghyun. They all joke and are thankful for the food, their families, insoles, etc. Then key watches the others eat and remember all the good times and grabs jonghyun’s hand and is thankful for the entire experience and chance that was given to him.

-key goes somewhere when he’s 85. taemin and minho were in America, Onew was in Canada, and jonghyun… he passed away last year. He goes up to namsam and talks to the tree jonghyun had sat on and talks to it. It was the middle of September at 9 in the morning so only fellow old people were there and even then some of them recognized him in his grandfather state. He talks to the tree and says that their grandchildren are doing well and are enrolled somewhere. Then he walks along and finds the lock that looks a lot like his handwriting but he can’t read the back so he takes the key he had worn since he was 20 and it fits the weathered lock perfectly. He takes it off and reads it.

Kim Kibum, I love you and I’m thankful that you are Shinee with me. I’ll love you forever Kibummie-Jjong.

He feels a tear slip down his face and smiles up at the clear blue sky. “I love you too Jjong.”

 

*Ok that was insanely fluffy and mushy and...

But I hope some of you actually read it and were like ohhhh it was supposed to end like that...If no one did...that's fine...I guess...

Well...thank you for reading and I hope you guys thought this story full of errors and writing mistakes and possibly theme errors... was worth your time :)

- chocolate-notes :)