Annyeong baby!

Arranged Bromance

 

Jonghyun grinned as he looped his arm through Key’s and wasn’t pushed away. Key was getting better at this whole skinship thing and it was something that people liked (Jonghyun and Lee Soo Man) and disliked (Key and Minho).

            Apparently Taemin played the role of baby naturally, as he was maknae. But that was all going to change as they walked out of the radio station.

            The boys were excited about going to see a movie and then having practices because they didn’t have any schedules for a couple months besides performances and going to Thailand.

However, right after feeling the gust of cold air, Key spoke up quietly from the back and straightened up. “There are cameras outside.”

            Jonghyun barely raised an eyebrow, the fans didn’t call him Keymera for nothing.

            The others heads shot up at that and they looked towards the road. Sure enough, there were quite a few cameras, a familiar looking PD, and a group of writers all huddled in their jackets as they waited for the five boys.

            Taemin squeaked. “What do we do?”

            “Just act naturally. Maybe they’re for someone else,” Onew whispered.

            The men didn’t say anything as they walked by so they all just bowed a little and headed into their manager’s car. Minho cringed a little bit when he heard the fateful words.

            “Would you mind coming with us instead?” The PD asked.

            Jonghyun decided to just go into their van, but the doors were locked and the vehicle quickly drove away. This didn’t look too good.

 


 

            Fixing his hair a little bit, Key looked in and saw all the messages the fans had written. Since they had had no notice, it was easy to act surprised…because they were. It wasn’t every day you were kidnapped and forced into a reality show.

            “Shinee appas will be amazing! Fighting!” he read. Were these people crazy? If you put Shinee in the same room as a child…the kid’s mental state would be messed up.

            Taemin hiccupped one more time before the cameras turned off. “Miane. I couldn’t help it!”

            Minho patted his head. “It’s okay Minnie.” He looked at the PD. “So we have to dress up now?”

            “Yep. Here are your costumes. Go along with it. Oh and by the way, here are the roles for all you guys.”

            Onew was supposed to be the one awkward with the baby. Jonghyun was supposed to be the dad obsessed with skinship, nothing unrealistic about that. Key was supposed to be the umma and take care of him really well. Minho was supposed to be the complete dad and look after him. Taemin…well he was going to have to be the extra baby and be able to get down the kid’s eye level.

            “But I like kids!” Onew complained as he took his costume. “Spiderman? Really?”

            Taemin shrugged. “At least you’re not pressured to know everything about a baby. You guys aren’t that much older than me…”

 


 

            While everyone was complaining or excited about their parts, Key walked up to one of the writer noonas. “Noona, can I see the script you guys wrote? I just want to be a little prepared beforehand.”

            She smiled at his initiative and happily handed the packet over. It was really well planned out really and was probably going to be a really good show. That is until Key reached certain pages.

            Key working with one of the other members and doing fanservice. Caption: do that with Jonghyun.

            Caption: What are Jongkey appas doing?

            Caption: Jonghyun appa and Key umma take care of me so well. They make a great team.

            “Hey Key, I need that back. Hurry up and get changed.” The noona came back and pushed him towards the changing rooms.

            Working a smile onto his face, he followed directions. Once he was in the privacy of the bathroom however, he sighed and flailed his arms wildly.

*What was it with all these Jongkey ships? Are we really that popular? Sure we're good friends and all. But what if the fanservice and supposed ‘romantic relationship and scandal’ got in between our friendship? The 4 guys are some of the closest friends I've had in a long time and I don't want to mess any of them up.*

He shook his head and looked at his reflection. “What do you mean it’s going to get in between your friendship? The fanservice doesn’t even mean anything! Aish Kibum think!”

Key hurriedly changed and got into place for the next filming session.

 


 

Jonghyun looked at the script and just laughed. *More fanservice? Okay then.* He grinned. It was actually fun to pretend to be madly in love with Key. He liked having an excuse to bother the younger boy. Sure Key was better with the whole skinship thing, but the tips of his ears turn red whenever Jonghyun lays it on really thick.

He really didn’t see what was so wrong with it. Maybe Key was so annoyed because he was always the ‘girl’ in the relationship. Key didn’t see that he was beautiful and perfect. Maybe the attention would at least boost his self-esteem.

The diva was all an act. Jonghyun had figured that out pretty quickly. There were times in interviews when Key would barely speak unless it was scripted. Then, and only then, would he pull out his little wall and show the diva everyone loved.

Adjusting his little green cap, Jonghyun joined the others and immediately went over to Key. “Yeoboooooooo!”

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Key fell as he tried to avoid Jonghyun’s hug.

“Didn’t you read the script? Oh and are you okay jagiya?” He hurried to help Key up when he felt a pillow hit his face. Turning, he saw a very angry little prince.

“Save it for the cameras hyungs.”

Key snorted as he saw Minho’s outfit. “It looks like you got attacked by arrows because of that hideous color. I might actually have to shoot you because of that.”

“Hey, it’s the little prince! Get it? The stars? Coat?”

Taemin walked up and helped Key up. “I thought the coat was green…”

“Well it’s blue now.”

“Come on Kibummie! Let’s hurry up and get ready!” Jonghyun started doing his fanservice and winced when another pillow hit him. “Yah I just got my hair styled hyung!”

Onew just glared at him. “Are you trying to ruin our innocent maknae? Wait til the cameras are rolling you dino!” He covered Taemin’s ears and ushered him into the next room.

 


 

“Ahhhhhhhhh” Key screamed when he saw Yoogeun. He was the most adorable thing he had ever seen, even if he looked a little too much like a certain Choi Minho. Cautiously approaching him, he introduced himself and quickly took his hand.

Jonghyun looked from the side and grinned. Key would make a great dad one day. Even if it had only been a couple of minutes, he could already see the care in Keys’ eyes.

 


 

“Here Yooguen-a, I’ll help take your coat off.” Jonghyun helped the little boy take off his coat. “Oh do you like power rangers? I like the yellow one the best actually. See my hair’s yellow too! Isn’t it cool?”

Yoogeun nodded and reached out to touch the foreign color.

Chuckling, Key grinned. Jonghyun had already gotten down to the kid’s eye level. “Yoogeun-a, don’t you think my hair is cooler? Here’s a picture when I had blond hair.”

He took out his phone and showed the Juliette days.

“Neomo yeoppo,” he muttered and reached out to touch the picture.

“That’s right, Key appa is really pretty, isn’t he?” Jonghyun ruffled Yoogeun’s hair and helped him figure out how to scroll through the pictures.

 


 

   A few months later       

It was late at the Hello Baby house. The camera crew had gone and the managers were out buying food for the members after a long day of filming. Currently, the members were fooling around with Yoogeun and teaching him how to play rock paper scissors. And it was…failing miserably.

            Onew dragged Yoogeun away from his horrible members and onto his lap. “You’re confusing him! The kid doesn’t even know the difference between watermelon and bananas and you’re trying to teach him rock paper scissors?”

            “Well it sounded like a good idea…”

            “Here Yoogeun-a, I’ll read you a story!” Onew grabbed a book at random. “Have you heard about the three bears?”

            “Ani.”

            Jonghyun raised his hand. “Oooh we can act out the song!” He cleared his throat and grabbed a pillow.

            Onew rolled his eyes and started singing. “There were three bears in a house.”

            Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin leapt up. Minho secretly took out his phone to record the whole thing. It would be awesome blackmail material later.

            “Appa bear, Umma bear, baby bear. Appa bear was big and fat.”

            Jonghyun used the pillow to create a huge stomach and walked intimidatingly towards Yoogeun who screamed happily.

            “Umma bear was nice and skinny.”

            Key danced while singing SNSD songs and blinked excessively at Yoogeun.

            “Baby bear was so so cute!”

            Taemin did one of his aegyos and cringed when Yoogeun did a cuter one back at him.

            “Smiling, laughing, they do a good job!” Onew finished as the three bears bowed.

            Yoogeun clapped and laughed. “Again again!”

            Key shook his head and collapsed. “Nope. Not yet.” He looked towards Minho to see his reaction and saw him hide his phone quickly. “Choi Minho, what are you doing?”

            “Nothing Key.”

            “Give me your phone.”

            “What are you talking about?” Minho started backing up and looking for possible exits, except Onew and Yoogeun were sitting in the only one.

            “Yah, did you film us?”

            “A-ani…”

            Key got up and started tackling the tall athlete.

            Yoogeun grinned at the fight, but something caught his attention. “Onew appa, are we like the bear family?”

            “Yep Yoogeun-a, aren’ the other appas weird?”

            He giggled. “Ne…So if I’m the baby bear, and the other appas are all appa bear, then who’s umma bear?”

            His question made the members freeze. Even Key and Minho paused their fight and Taemin stopped drinking his banana milk.

            Jonghyun laughed. “Yoogeun-a, we’re just hyungs and appas in the show. You have your real umma and appa.”

            “But who’s the umma in this family?”

            Everyone pointed at Key who scowled at them. “Why is always me?”

            “Because Kibummie is soooooooo pretty!” Jonghyun imitated a baby’s voice, making everyone squirm uncomfortably.

            “Key umma?” Yoogeun asked as he looked at Key who rushed towards him.

            “Say that again my Yoogeunnie?”

            “Key umma” he said clearly.

            Key grinned and hugged the boy. “Kyaaa. Yoogeun-a saranghae!” Taemin had called him Key umma as a joke a couple times, but it was nice to hear a four year old say it to him.

            Minho rescued the four year old from getting attacked into another hug. “Yah, don’t ruin my son’s innocence. He’s going to think all divas are ummas from now on.”

            Jumping around, Key didn’t even hear him. But he quickly came down to earth within a few seconds when he heard the next question.

            “Who’s appa bear?”

            “You have 5, or 4 appas now.” Taemin explained as he pointed at the members.

            Yoogeun held up the book despite Minho’s attempts to kick it away. “But the book has one umma and one appa. Only one appa can be with one umma.”

            Jonghyun slyly backhuged Key and grinned at Yoogeun. “I guess that would be me then, right yeobo?”

 


 

            Key felt the arms slide around his waist and he froze. He hoped the room was dark enough that the members couldn’t see his bright red face. *Stop it Key, imagine that the cameras are here* It usually worked. He was always fine whenever the cameras were rolling because he knew it was fake.

            His heart started racing, the rhythmic ba-dumps speeding up so fast that he couldn’t even count them anymore. He controlled himself and turned to Jonghyun. “Miane, I can’t accept you. I already have a kid.” Key said with a straight face and a divaish manner. You’re going to have to earn a little more to support both of us.”

            Onew laughed and muttered “Rejected” before getting up to turn on the heater.

            Cringing at the whole scene, Minho scooped Yoogeun up and carried him towards the kitchen. “Here Yoogeun-a, do you want me to make you a sandwich while we’re waiting for the managers to come back with food?”

            “Did they order chicken?” Onew called with a pleading gaze.

            “Yes hyung, they did.” Taemin answered. “Oh I need to ask them for more banana milk!”

 


 

            The second after Jonghyun hugged Key, he felt his heart race. Wait, why? He had hugged Key lots of times before for the fans and cameras. Why was it beating so much faster now?

            Then he realized something. He couldn’t tell the difference between Key’s heartbeat and his own. His was beating fast, but when his hand brushed against Key’s left chest, it was beating faster if that was even possible.

            *What’s wrong with us?* He wondered before going out to greet the managers.

So it's been almost a month and I'm glad no one abandoned me yet! Keke I had writer's block and school started again...sigh...but yeah this chapter was fun to write once I got into it! Yay Shinee at the gold disk awards and I'm obsessed with that newer version of sherlock...anyone know if it's available on CD or something? Maybe I'll go illegally download it somehow...haha jk... See you guys soon!!!

- chocolate-notes :)