Trainee Era

Arranged Bromance

 

Sighing, Kim Kibum collapsed outside in the hallway. If you collapsed inside the dance room or within sight of any of the coaches…well let’s just say it wasn’t the best thing that could happen to you.

            He ran into the bathroom and started grabbing paper towels to dry himself a little bit from the intense dance practice they had just had. No, he wasn’t obsessed with how he looked or anything, he just didn’t feel comfortable dancing with puddles on the floor…but yes, looks did have something to do with it.

            He had just thrown away the disgusting papers when 2 people entered the bathroom to do the same thing. Choi Minho and Lee Taemin.

            Minho smiled a little. “It’s a hard dance, isn’t it?”

            Kibum allowed himself a small smile and tried desperately sound like a Seoul citizen. “Yes it is.”

            The other boy just nodded before turning awkwardly to the sink. Kibum sighed to himself. They had made up from that fight, but it was still a little awkward…But they were both trying to get along, that was worth something.

            Taemin just washed his hands and bounded up. “Well I think it’s fun! We’ve almost got it perfect!”

            Minho snorted. “That’s just you and Kibum in the front. The rest of us don’t have a clue. I bet the Super Junior sunbae-nims would be just as confused as we are.”

            Kibum just shook his head before going back outside. It was their 5 minute lunch break and there was no one around. Everyone had scrambled to grab the prepared lunch boxes of crackers, an apple, and a water bottle that SM gave them.

            He grabbed one and thought of the mcdonald’s he was going to eat as soon as they were let out at midnight.

            A fellow trainee, Kim Jonghyun, sat down next to him and frowned at the meal in front of him. “This is what they give the future idols of Korea?”

            Kibum chuckled and slowly ate his crackers. “We don’t even know if we’re going to be idols.”

            “Yah, don’t think about those things. We will be idols!”

            Rolling his eyes, Kibum awkwardly glanced at him. “Um why are you sitting with me? I mean I love your company and all, but I’m not exactly in your ‘circle of friends’ “

            He shrugged. “I think you’re my friend.”

            Kibum smiled a little at the shorter boy and finished his meal.

 


 

            Kibum bowed hurriedly to the choreographer and ran with the others outside the building. Some went home, others went to school, and he just had to catch the subway back to Daegu before coming back next week.

            He sighed and frowned at his growling stomach. “You aren’t supposed to do this!” His resolved shattered though and he ran into the nearest McDonald’s. Yes the food was disgusting, but apparently it was a lot healthier than the American version.

            He arched an eyebrow at the slightly greasy hamburger and fries. If this was healthy, he didn’t even want to know what the American version was. He was sitting down and had just bitten into the burger when a strong voice reprimanded him from behind.

            “Kim Kibum. You are violating the food rules and diet. What do you have to say for yourself?”

            Kibum winced before closing his eyes and slowly turned around to see Kim Jonghyun grinning at him. “Yah! I thought you were one of the directors!”

            His hyung laughed before shaking a finger. “No, but you really are breaking the rules.”

            “Then why are you here?”

            “I…followed you here.”

            “Stalker.”

            Jonghyun threw his hands up and pouted. “Fine I was craving some French fries, happy?”

            Kibum snorted before taking a sip of his drink. “Ne.”

            They sat by the window and a few people muttered at why 2 handsome young teenagers were eating McDonald’s at 1 in the morning on Sunday/Monday. Didn’t they have school the next day?

            The two were laughing and sharing their views on the various instructors and other trainees in their group of 15.

            Kibum suddenly looked at his watch to see that the time was already 2:30 and he needed to get home before his grandmother worried about him. He threw away his tray before turning back. “Mianhe-yo Jonghyun hyung, but I have to go home.”

            “Oh yeah, you live in Daegu. It’s fine. Have a great week at school! And don’t be so formal with me!”

            Kibum bowed at his new friend. He wasn’t new, but they had become better friends over the meal. “Ne. Annyeong!”

            And that was how SMent saw their first new friendship of Kim Kibum and Kim Jonghyun. Over a box of French fries and a tantrum from a manager on how they had both gained 2 pounds.

Hello! And thanks for reading this chapter and giving my story a chance! I know I'm writing 5 fics at the same time and pretty much letting my grades die...but...yeah... hope you liked it! And I'm sorry it's really short and the first couple chapters are going to be pretty bad...but i have high HOPES for the futures (keyword hopes) 

thanks to all my subscribers!!! subscribing before the first chapter was even out :) hope it wasn't too disappointing 

- chocolate-notes :)