erted Chicken

My Name Is L.joe And I Am Her Butler

 

She was awakened by the sound of her alarm clock, blarring loudly in her ears. Hyemi opened one eyes lazily and turned around to shut the alarm clock. Once she grabbed it, she just tossed it around carelessly, not at all minding of she’d had to buy a new one later.

The morning breeze from outside slowly entered her room from the small gaps and holes. She slightly shivered when the breeze touched her skin. She looked out of the window and smiled when the warm sun rays hit her skin. *Good morning, Mr. Sun! …….Bye.*  She pulled her blanket and fully cover herself. Just like that, she drifted off to Dreamland once again, at the same time where students like her should be getting up for school.


--------


Madam Jung tapped the classic-looking watch on her hand lightly. She looked around and waited for a certain someone to make her grand appearance in the dinning room. She kept telling herself that she was going to wait for that person just for five more minutes. Just like that, almost 30 minutes passed. Still, there was not even a single traces of hers.

Madam Jung heaved a sigh. A terribly long one. She saw Yoo Jin, (refer chapter 1) who was sweeping the floor nearby. She called out to her.

“Yoo Jin-ah. Has anybody go to wake Hyemi up?” She questioned as the latter walked towards her.

Yoo Jin shrugged her shoulders. “Uhh… I’m not sure, but I think no one has go yet.” She leaned towards the old woman and whispered, “I’ve heard nobody wants to wake her up. They are all scared of getting things thrown at them.” She giggled.

Madam Jung shot her look. “Yah-“ Yoo Jin threw her hands up in defense. She grinned. “Just kidding ~ Aigoo… Ahjuma, why so serious?” She let out a laugh.

Madam Jung shook her head amusedly. “Aishhh… Just go and do your work!” She gestured for her to resume her works.

Yoo Jin playfully saluted towards her. “Roger!” She whistled, picked up the broom and started sweeping the floor once again.

A moment later, L.joe entered the dinning room. He saw Madam Jung and quickly approached her to greet her good morning.

“Morning, ahjuma. Where’s Hyemi?” He questioned as he looked around for her.

“Don’t bother. I’m sure that she’s still sleeping. Aisshhh… That girl. She’s giving me headaches everyday.” Madam Jung clicked her tongue and massaged her temple slowly. She then pinched the bridge of her nose.

L.joe gave her a small smile before taking the empty seat next to her. “Well, the maids didn’t wake her up?” He asked.

Madam Jung shook her head. “The maids? Please. They won’t even go near her room.” She sighed. “Now she’s going to be late for school.”

“Well… Shall I go and wake her up? I mean, I’m her ‘butler’ after all. Better do my jobs, right?” He playfully winked at the old woman. Madam Jung slapped his arms softly. She laughed. “Oh right! Mr. Butler, I’ll be counting on you then!” She beamed. She then handed him a key, seemingly, a key to someone’s room.

“….. And this key’s for?”

“Hyemi’s room. Well, just in case she locked the door. Why not, right?” She shrugged her shoulders. L.joe nodded his head in understanding.

“Then…. I’ll just go and wake her up.” He took the key and twirled it around his finger as he walked upstairs, heading towards her room.


--------


L.joe knocked on her door a few times while calling out to her as he was doing so.

“Agashi? Hyemi agashi? Are you awake?”

However, the reply never came. *Guess not.* He twisted the knob and slowly pushed it opened. He entered her room and looked around for a moment. The curtain, the paint. Everything had changed. Eventhough he had been in her room before, he could no longer recognized it. Hyemi had changed everything.

Not even a single thing from the past remain. Somehow, that fact hurt him. It was as if, she wanted to erase everything that was connected to him. Everything.

L.joe shook his head to clear the bad thoughts. *It’s alright. Everything will be fine. It definitely will.* He chanted the words a few times in his head.

He took a deep breath. Yes, he had calmed down. Now, on to his task : To wake her up.

He now remembered her room clearly. Even the smallest details. Like how there was small butterflies on the curtain, or how the books on her table was arranged according to the height. He also noticed the broken alarm clock on the ground.

*She’s so going to need a new one later.* He picked it up and tossed it in the trash. He also made a mental note to get her a new one later.

He then saw her queen-sized bed. He walked over and saw Hyemi, still peacefully sleeping while hugging her favourite teddy bear. He recognized the bear. It was the present from her mother. He smiled, remembering how Hyemi always talked about her mother.

*Well... At least one thing about her didn't change.*

Her bangs was covering half of her face. He slowly and ever so gently brushed it away. His Hyemi. So angelic, so gentle and strikingly beautiful. *Err… maybe not so gentle anymore.* He chuckled.

“Agashi… Wake up. It’s time for school.” He gently shook her awake. It took him almost 10 minutes to get her to open her eyes.

At last, she finally did. Hyemi yawned. She blinked her eyes twice, still in dazed.

“Agashi… It’s time to wake up. Hurry or you’ll be late.” He whispered. He had expected for her to yell at him or refused to wake up, but she did just the exact opposite of what he had been expecting.

Hyemi got off from her bed and did a little stretching on the empty space beside her bed. Once she was done, she beamed brightly, giving L.joe the biggest smile ever! L.joe blinked his eyes. He then returned the smile and spoke in a gentle manner.

“Hurry up and get ready.”

Hyemi nodded her head eagerly, almost like a child. She then grabbed L.joe’s hand and dragged him towards the door.

L.joe gave her a baffled look. “Agashi?”

She slowly pushed him out the door and, “Goodbye!” slammed it shut in his face. She then hollered from inside. “Get up? You’ll be late? My foot! What do you think you’re doing, barging into my room!?” She locked the door and returned to her bed.

“Go away! I want to sleep!”

L.joe knocked on the door loudly. He panicked. “Wa-wait! Agashi! You can’t be sleeping now! You’ll be late!”

*Do I look like I care?* She rolled her eyes, jumped on her bed and returned to Dreamland. L.joe sighed.

*Luckily ahjuma gave me the key.* He took out the key and used it to open the door. The ‘click’ sound signaling that the door was opened. L.joe smiled in victory.

“Agashi! Wake up!”

Hyemi opened her eyes irritatingly. *Why did his voice sounds so damn close?* She got up and was surprised to find L.joe in her room. “Yah! How did you get into my room!?”

L.joe lifted up the key and twirled it around his finger. “Ahjuma gave it to me~”

Hyemi let out a frustrated yell. “Argh! Whatever! I shall ignore you!” She turned the other way, lay on her bed and closed her eyes shut.

L.joe approached her. “Agashi… I’ll give you five minutes. If you are still sleeping by then, I’ll…..” He trailed off and smiled playfully.

Hyemi snorted. “What? Are you going to carry me and dump me in the fountain. Puh-lease. This is not ‘My Princess’” (I love that drama!) Hyemi grabbed her blanket and fully covered herself, it was as if she was trying to hide herself from her enemy.

L.joe stifled his laughter. *Seriously. What are you? A tortoise!?*

L.joe smirked. He slowly crept onto her bed and hovered above her. He trapped her by placing both of his arms on her sides. “I’m serious. If you’re not going to wake up, I’ll kiss you.” He whispered to her ears huskily.

Hyemi’s eyes shot opened at once. She pulled the blanket that was covering her face and let out a surprise yell when she saw that his face was just an inch apart from hers. Her heart beats fast like a bullet train. She felt dizzy. But mostly, embarrassed.

“Still not going to wake up, hm? Your choice.” He smirked and slowly inched his face closer to hers. Hyemi’s eyes widened. She gathered her strength and quickly pushed him off the bed.

L.joe fell down with a loud thud. His head hit the floor. *Ouch!*

Hyemi abruptly stood up and pointed a finger at him. “Yah! How dare you!” She yelled furiously and grabbed her pillow. “You are seriously asking for a beating!” She raised it up and hit him hardly on the head.

L.joe covered his head with his hands. “Ouch! Agashi! Wa-wait!” He quickly stood up and ran away from her.

“Yah! Come back here! You erted chicken!” She ran after him while swinging the pillow back and forth, trying to hit him. L.joe let out a laugh and ran around the bed.

“Stop running! I’ll-“ Hyemi, who was still chasing after him accidently slipped on her silk scarf on the floor, causing her to fall forward. In order to prevent herself from hitting her head on the ground, she grabbed the closest thing around her for support. Which was….. L.joe.

They both fell on the bed, with Hyemi on top of L.joe.

*Ouch….* Hyemi winced when her head hit the ‘thing’ that she used for support. L.joe also flinched when his head accidently knocked hers. Everything happened in a blur. It was too fast for him to register the informations. To know what had just happened, both of them lifted their head at the same time, causing them to come face to face with each other.

Their eyes widened in surprise, simultaneously. She froze and so did he. Their face was so close to each other such as she could even felt his hot breath on her face.

Her mind was screaming for her to hurry and get away but Hyemi felt numb. Her heart was about to burst and she was way too shocked to make a move. She gulped.

L.joe’s heart was racing too. He couldn’t even heard anything now. Just the loud beating of his heart. Or, was it hers? He didn’t knew. He was slowly getting lost in her gaze. It was way too impossible for him to look away from that gentle, hazel eyes.

“Agashi? Is something the matter? I’ve heard you-“ Hee Sun, (refer chapter 1) who was changing the water to the flowers, barged into the room when she heard yells coming from Hyemi’s room.

She gasped upon seeing the two people, who were laying on the bed in such a suspicious position. “Omo!” Her hands quickly flew to her face. She closed her eyes and quickly covered it with her hands. “I-I-I’m sorry , agashi! I heard you yelled. I thought that… that…. I’m sorry! I’ll go now! Excuse me!” Her face flushed red. She quickly ran out of the room and slammed the door shut.

Hyemi’s eyes widened. She snapped back to reality. “No! Wait! This is not it! This is REALLY not it!” Hyemi got off from L.joe and ran towards the door in an attempt to stop the poor, innoncent maiden from leaving. However, the door was slammed shut in her face just when she was about to reached her.

*BAM!*

Hyemi trembled in anger. She whirled around and glared at L.joe with hard eyes. “YAH! You!” She pointed an accusing finger towards L.joe.

L.joe, who was fixing his hair and coat, jumped in surprise when he heard her yelled. He blinked his eyes innoncently. “But… You were the one-“

“Excuses! Now, look at what you’ve done! She’s so going to get the wrong idea!” She yelled out loud while pulling her hairs in all directions.

L.joe hid his smile. He pretended like he is Mr. innoncent and shrugged his shoulders. “What’s the big deal? It’s not like something has happened. Why? Could it be that you’re hoping for something to happened?” He wriggled his brows teasingly and gave her one of his boyish grin.

“In your dream!” She shot back. “I hate you! You’re such a ert! Byuntae!”

L.joe smirked. “But that’s not what happened earlier~ Come on, you’ve got to admit. You were-“

“LALALALA! I didn’t hear anything and that did not happen! Nothing happened earlier!”

“Oh, really?” The playful smiled was back on his lips as he slowly walked closer to her. With every steps that he took, Hyemi would took a step backward.

“Yah. Yah. I demand you to stay at least one yard away from me! You erted chicken!” With that, she grabbed her towel and uniform, and made a dash straight for the bathroom. Once she was inside, she quickly locked the door.

Her heart was beating so loudly in her chest. Once again, she felt dizzy. *What the heck is wrong with me?* She ran towards the sink and splashed cold water on her face. She looked at the mirror and was surprised to find the rosy colour on her cheeks. She was blushing.

*Argh! So embarrassing! I’m so going crazy! Michoso! Michoso!* She slapped her face a few times and pulled on her hair.

*I wanna crawl into a hole. A deep one!*


--------


L.joe chuckled amusedly when he heard the yell.

“Careful not to slip on the wet floor!” He hollered. He then let out a laugh.

“Shut up! Get out!”

L.joe shook his head. He looked back towards the bathroom, grinned and slowly walked out of the door. He twirled the key around his finger again.

“How cute. I shall more often.”



--------



A/N : (This is going to be a little bit longer than usual.)

Well, first thing first. Did you notice the new poster? Yes. I'd like to express my thanks to AYANIS, from Panda Attack!
(http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/342868/panda-attack-poster-cafe-first-batch-on-hiatus-poster-requestshop-graphicshop-posterrequestshop ) for the beautiful poster. To be honest, I actually expect a cute theme since i told them that the main genre was romcom. But when the poster came out, I WAS SUPER HAPPY! It was soooooo pretty ;A; Like, seriously! xD So, yeah. THANKS!

Now, on to the second one. Did you notice that this chapter was a bit longer than usual? No jokes. It was 7 pages ._. (The longest one that I've written) Well, the original was actually just up to 5 pages long. But since I went missing for one week, I redo everything and wrote a longer one, as an apologized for not updating like usual. So, yeah. IM SORRY! 

And last thing. (Phew.... I'm glad I made it on time!) 
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.....1 ! 

*Throw confetti!* HAPPY NEW YEARS, guys!

I've learnt a lot this year so, Let's be a better person!
Thank you! :D You will be bless! ;)