Meet Her Butler

My Name Is L.joe And I Am Her Butler

"Pocket watch? Check. Necktie? Check. Short jacket? Check."

L.joe had been checking himself up and down for a million times now, to make sure that he wouldn’t mess up the disguise. To ensure that everything was perfect, he had woke up as early as 6 a.m in the morning to prepare. After breakfast, he immediately said goodbye to his parents and left for the Seo’s mansion since he had promised the old man that he’d be there that morning.

He reached there in a heartbeat. The guards let him in through the gate. They had been notified of his arrival and was already expecting him. So, there he was, at exactly 8 a.m sharp, standing at the front door of the Seo’s mansion. He rang the door a few times to let the people inside knew that he had arrived.

He heard footsteps coming to the door.  Anxiety was attacking him and he was already sweating bullets. *Calm down, me!*

A moment later, an old woman, probably in her mid-forties, opened up the door. He gave a 90 degree bow politely as that is a part of the tradisional Korean greeting.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I’m-"

"Lee Byunghun!" Madam Jung exclaimed happily as she saw him. A bright smile was plastered on her face. She was smiling so widely that L.joe had wonder if her cheeks hurt.

"Err… Yes… I’m-"

"I’ve been waiting for you! Come on! Chang Sun is waiting inside!" He was cut off again as Madam Jung dragged him inside with her.

She kept on bombarding him with questions as they were walking towards Mr. Seo’s personal office. Yes, honey. They had an office provided at home. It was a personal, private space for Mr. Seo to finish his works whenever he was resting at home. I mean, which businessmen, not to mention, a successful one like even, wouldn’t have an office at home?

"Do you remember me? I’m Madam Jung! I mean, you used to call me ahjuma before. Still remember the house? You used to come here a lot to play! Oh, and the garden behind the mansion? It is still there! In fact, we did a-"

"Calm down, ahjuma. I’m back now, aren’t I?" L.joe chuckled a little. He smiled at the old woman. Ah… He sure did miss her as well. A lot, really. Madam Jung was like a mother to him. She was very kind. He always received the same attention the old woman gave to Hyemi. She treated them like they were her own child.

*Ahjuma… She’s still the same. As talkative as ever!”*

"Dear me! I’m sorry, son. I’m just so excited to see you again! You know, I’m just-" She left her sentences hanging in midair as she stopped in her track. "Oh! Here we are! Let’s let him knows that you’re here!" She announced once they stopped in front of a room, seemingly, Mr. Seo’s office.

She knocked on the door a few times before opening it on her own. She let herself in and gestured for L.joe to follow her. Well, not that Mr. Seo would mind anyway. Madam Jung was like a sister to him. So, it was normal for her to just enter his room without waiting for his permission. They were just… that close. Like any of those siblings out there would be anyway.

"Chang Sun? He’s here!" Madam Jung chirped in a loud voice, making the fact widely known to Mr. Seo.

Mr. Seo looked up from his paper works and shifted his gaze on her. His eyes settled on the handsome young man next to her.

He gave L.joe a warm smile while the latter gave a bow as a respond.

"Annyeonghaseyo, ahjushi."

"Ah… yes.. How are you? You look a little bit different." He said as he pointed his finger towards L.joe’s hair, slightly amused by the sudden change in his hair colour.

L.joe blushed a little. His hands flew to his hair. "Uhh.. Yes. I’ve dyed them blonde. She might recognized me. So… yeah... I hope you don’t mind." He touched his hair unconsciously, messing it up a bit.

"Of course not. Small matter. Let’s just talk about our plan first, shall we?" He got up from his seat and lead both L.joe and Madam Jung to the couch provided in the corner of the room. He locked the door to make sure that nobody would walked into the room during their conversation.



--------



When they finished discussing about his role in the house, the clock had already struck half past nine. It was already 9.30 a.m in the morning.

"So, you know the plan. We can only do this much to help. The rest is up to you." Mr. Seo gave L.joe a pat on the back.

L.joe smiled at the old man. "Thank you, ahjushi… ahjuma... Thank you so much. I won’t hurt her. I won’t make her sad anymore. I’ll make sure that she is always smiling." He promised.

"Make sure that there are no thoughts of giving up either, son. Our girl is very stubborn!" Madam Jung reminded him of their young lady. Mr. Seo nodded his head in agreement.

L.joe nodded with a smile. He had heard a lot about her from Mr. Seo and Madam Jung. His Hyemi, she had changed a lot. Well, like that would stopped him anyway.

"I’ll give it my best."

Madam Jung clapped her hands once. "Good! So, now… Shall we go and see your sweetheart?" Madam Jung directed the question towards Mr. Seo and L.joe. They looked at each other, smiled and nodded in return.



--------



Just like usual, Hyemi was alone in the dinning room, enjoying her breakfast. She knew that Mr. Seo would be busy in his office, so she didn’t bother to invite him to eat together. Well, it was already late for breakfast anyway. Surely, her father had already eaten. Though, she did made a mental note to call him for lunch later.

Hyemi was deep in thought, thinking of how she should spent her day, given that today was a break from school, a holiday.

*Should I call Hyejung and asked her to come over? But, today is a holiday. She might yell at me if I call. So… no.*

*Hm… Should I just call Chaerin unnie then? But then again, she had already returned to France cause of works. Damn.*

She was cut off from her thought when the door to the dinning room was opened. Madam Jung and Mr. Seo poked their heads inside and searched around for someone. For her.

"Aha! There you are! I knew that you’d be here!" Mr. Seo and Madam Jung chorused in unison. Hyemi smiled at them and waved her hand, gesturing for them to come in.

"Morning, appa and ahjuma! Breakfast?" She raised her spoon and gave them a grin. Mr. Seo came over and gave a kiss on her cheeks. He took the seat next to her while Madam Jung took another empty seat besides her.

"Aigoo… What breakfast. It’s almost 10!" She playfully smacked Hyemi on the arm. The latter let out a laugh.

"Eyy… It’s still morning, isn’t it? Why bother?" She shrugged her shoulders and gave Madam Jung one of her silly grin.

"Keep on acting like this, young lady. Nobody is going to take you as a wife!" Madam Jung nagged without ease.

Hyemi made a face. *Here she goes again…* "It’s fine. Seo Hyemi doesn’t need a man! Besides, I have appa… and you!" She laughed softly while hugging Madam Jung’s arm. Madam Jung rolled her eyes. Though, she did felt a bit touched when Hyemi said that.

"Whatever, lazy girl!" She flicked her forehead.

Hyemi rubbed the sore spot softly. She pouted. "Hmph. But you love me anyway!" She retorted.

Their laughters became one. Looks like Hyemi was in a good mood today. Probably because none of the maids had disturbed her sleep today. Or probably because she thought that her father had already forgot about those marriage stuffs. Either way, she was happy today and both Mr. Seo and Madam Jung could see that.

Madam Jung sent Mr. Seo a signal with her eyes. Mr. Seo gave her a bewildered look. He raised a brow, as if to say 'what?'. Madam Jung rolled her eyes. She nodded her head towards Hyemi, who was happily eating her cereal and towards L.joe, who was waiting outside. Mr. Seo mentally did a face-palm in his mind.

"I forgot!" He mouthed.

Madam Jung slapped a hand over her face. She heaved a sigh.

"Wae, ahjuma?" Hyemi questioned, utterly confused by the old woman’s action. Her eyebrows knitted together as she waited for an answer from Madam Jung.

"Nae? Err… I… It’s… Uhh… I mean! Your appa has something to tell you!" She exclaimed out of a sudden.

Mr. Seo’s eyes widened. He shook his head rapidly. *Me!? No way! You tell her!*

"Waeyo, appa?" Hyemi stared at her father. She blinked her eyes innoncently at him. Mr. Seo played with his fingers. "Me? Uhh… A ha ha..." He let out an awkward laugh. He then gave Madam Jung a desperate look. *Noonim!*

"Aishh… Wae…..?" *What the heck is wrong with them?* She looked back and forth between her father and Madam Jung.

"Uhh… Y-You see… I want you to meet someone." Mr. Seo said nervously. Hyemi gave him a bewildered look. "Who?" She raised a brow.

Mr. Seo cleared his throat before calling out in a loud voice. "L.joe? Come on in!"

Hyemi shifted her gaze towards the door. She tilted her head in wonder. *L.joe? Who….?* As if to answer to her question, a handsome man with blonde hair, dressed in what you could say, a butler uniform, walked into the room. She stared at the man and was surprised to find him staring back at her. Their eyes met. She didn’t knew why, but her heart… did skip a beat.

She quickly shifted her gaze elsewhere. Thus, breaking the contact. She was once again puzzled, as to why she didn’t dare to look back into his eyes.

"Honey, meet your new butler." Mr. Seo introduced him to her. He noticed the short staring contest between them. He also noticed the small change in her daughter’s eyes when she saw L.joe.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hyemi-agashi. It’s nice to finally meet you. My name is L.joe and I am all yours to command."

Hyemi’s eyes rounded. She abruptly got up from her seat and slammed her hands on the table. "A butler!? Why? I don’t freaking need one!" She declared. She narrowed her gaze down at her father. She didn’t even need to say it because the look in her eyes were clearly screaming that she demanded an explanation.

"Well… Uhh… Since you wouldn’t meet him, Byunghun has sent over his personal butler to meet you instead. And since I’ll be away on a business trip soon, I think that it might be a good idea to have someone to look after you while I’m away."

"That guy’s butler!? Then that’s the best reason as to why you shouldn’t accept him! Besides, I have ahjuma and the maids. What’s there to worry about, seriously?" Hyemi blew a raspberry. Anytime soon, she was surely going to lose her mind.

L.joe flinched when the words ‘that guy’ rolled out of . *There’s no more Byunghun oppa…* It felt as if his heart was made of glass and someone just decided to drop it from a higher place. It broke his heart into million small pieces. He couldn’t explain what he was feeling inside. It was extremely… painful.

*Does she hates me that much?* Call him a crybaby. But, for a moment there, he did felt like crying.

"But the maids are all girls. The house itself is insanely huge but there are only a few guys here. Just what is there to lose if I add just one more man in the house? There is no harm to it. L.joe is skilled in martial arts. He could even becomes your bodyguards!"

True, the dangerous life he had in the State forced him to make himself stronger. It made him to become someone who was able to protect himself and the people around him.

Hyemi couldn’t argue any longer. There was no way she would agreed to it, but deep inside, she knew that her father was right.

"But…" She pouted. Her hands flew to her face and she curled her fists besides her cheeks. Yes, darlings. We knew exactly just what she was trying to do. Aegyo.

"No, but. If you don’t want a butler, I’ll be taking your cards and cars for real." Mr. Seo declared. His face was void of any emotion and his voice was stern. With just one look, one could easily tell that Hyemi did not success in her attempt to aegyo-ing her father. (Does that makes sense? Lol. Whatever.)

"Andwaeyo! I can’t accept that! Appa………. You’re so mean!" Hyemi protested. She stomped her foot on the ground.

"Please understand me. I’m doing all of this for you. You are my one and only daughter. You are very precious to me." Mr. Seo heaved a sigh. A teribbly long one.

Hyemi went silent. Suddenly, she felt guilty for being so stubborn. *Appa…..* She scooted closer to Mr. Seo and linked her arm with his. She rested her head on his shoulder. *Aishh…. I’m so going to regret this.*

"Fine… I won’t bully him." She whispered sullenly.

Mr. Seo smiled widely when she agreed. *Success!* He looked at Madam Jung and broke into a grin when the latter gave him a triumphant look. They looked at L.joe and gave him a thumbs up.

L.joe smiled bitterly in return. *Well, at least she agrees to it. Looks like I have to work even harder.*



--------



A/N : L.joe has debut as her butler. The story starts NOW! xD

I've updated twice in a week. Omg. What has the world comes into!? xD
Please forgive me for the spelling and grammar mistakes. :)

Thank you! :D You will be bless! ;)