Determination - I Promise You

My Name Is L.joe And I Am Her Butler

 

After he introduced the two, Mr. Seo had excused himself from the table and went back to do his work. Since he had to leave for Hong Kong that evening, he had gone to finish the preparation for his trip. Madam Jung too, had long gone to do her chores, leaving the two awkward people together.

L.joe and Hyemi was left alone in the dinning room. Silence was screaming loudly in their ears as none of them decided to make a move to break the ice.

L.joe peeked at Hyemi from the corner of his eyes. He thought that he should introduced himself properly once more. He found his tongue at last. So, he cleared his throat and began to speak in a friendly manner to lighten up the mood.

"Agashi, don’t you think-" He was however, cut off by the latter when Hyemi just suddenly yelled at him with her usual annoyed tone.

"You!" Hyemi whirled around and glared at L.joe with hard eyes. She took a step closer to him and pointed an accusing her finger towards him.

L.joe blinked his eyes twice. He was startled by her sudden outburst. "M-me?" He stuttered. He pointed his finger towards himself, as if to make sure that he was the one she was talking about.

Hyemi tried her best to fight the urged to roll her eyes. She clicked her tongue and shook her head disapprovingly. *Slowpoke. Who else? Duh.* "Yes, you. What the heck are you doing here? What’s. Your. Motive. Huh!?" She poked his chest with every words, demanding for an answer.

L.joe blinked his eyes innoncently. "What motive?" He questioned. His eyebrows knitted together in a little frown.

Hyemi rolled her eyes. *Aishh… What a dense guy. Is this really the guy that appa trust to take care of me? So annoying!* "I don’t know. You tell me." She blew a raspberry and muttered under her breath irritatingly.

L.joe scratched his head in puzzlement. "Uhh… There isn’t really any motive, agashi. I just come here as a request from Do ryeon nim." He answer it perfectly as that was a line that he had been practicing a lot lately.

Hyemi scoffed. *Heh.* She raised her nose at him. "Then you can go. I don’t need you here." She grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the door. She ushered him to go.

L.joe panicked. He waved his arms around frantically. "Wa? Wa- wait! Agashi! I can’t do that! I have promised Do ryeon nim and your father that I’ll take care of you!" He cried out, desperately trying to stop her from pushing him out the door.

"Aishh… Don’t worry! Appa will be away on a business trip soon! I’ll just tell him that you have something to do, okay? Now, hurry go!" She tried to push him from the back with her small hands. But of course, that was totally pointless since L.joe was obviously much stronger and much bigger than her petite frame.

L.joe turned to face her and caught her by the wrists, stopping her from pushing him away. He looked down a bit and stared boldly into her eyes.

Hyemi’s eyes rounded when she saw him holding her wrists. For some reasons, she felt annoyed. She had never liked it when people touched her, let alone, held her hands.

She pulled her hands and was struggling to release her wrist from his iron grip, but to no avail. *Aishh… The nerve of this guy!* She looked up and was about to tell him off when she accidently stared straight into his eyes.

Their eyes met, once again.

Suddenly, everything became blurred. She lost her tongue and forgot what she had wanted to say. Mesmerized by his dark, black eyes, she slowly got lost into his gaze. She felt funny how her heart was beating so loudly in her chest. *Thump! Thump!*

For a moment there, she forgot how to breathe.

"Agashi…" A call from him made her snapped back to reality. Feeling that his hold on her had loosen, she quickly retrieved her hands and hide them behind her back. She took three steps away from him and cleared awkwardly.

"That was… I think you should-"

"Agashi… Can’t you please, give me a chance to stay by your side? I promise that I won’t be a burden to you. I promise that I’ll stay where you can reach out to me. Would you please…. Just accept me as your butler?" He whispered with hopeful eyes. His last words was not what he had actually hoped for, but he had to bear it. For now, at least.

Hyemi didn’t answer him. She shifted her gaze and stared at the ground. She didn’t want to say yes but she just couldn’t bring herself to say no. She didn’t know why but she thought that she’d feel guilty if she did so.

"But… I can’t-"

"Won’t you trust me?" he questioned again, trying his luck.

Hyemi heaved a deep sigh.

"I can’t do that. I can’t trust you. No. Not that easy." She whispered. Her face was gloomy and her voice was slow, full of sadness . Memories from the past began to play in her mind. Suddenly, she felt so hurt and so disappointed. She had long forgot how to cry. But at that time, the only thing that she wanted to do was to bawl her eyes out.

L.joe flinched when he heard her voice. Sadness engulfed him as well. *Hyemi….*

"I can’t promise that you’ll have my trust, but…. Just do whatever you want." She muttered and slowly walked away from him. Her pace quicken. She wanted to hurry and get away from him. A sprint for her room. That was what she wanted to do now.

Maybe because of the connection that he had with Byunghun, but she didn’t feel like seeing him. She didn’t want to see him. Not now.

L.joe watched her walked away with heavy heart. He didn’t stop her. No, he didn’t dare to. He didn’t want to see the sadness in her eyes for he won’t be able to bear it, knowing that he was the cause for her pain.  

He walked towards the window and looked up at the blue sky above him. He closed his eyes momentarily.

He saw her face. He saw her smiling at him. He saw her laughing. He saw her waving happily at him, and… he saw her cried.

He took a deep breathe and opened his eyes again. But, there was glow in his eyes. If was as if he had just been reincarnated.

*I promise you. I promise that I won’t hurt you anymore. Just wait. I’ll gain your trust and make you fall for me once more. You have my words.*



--------



Here, a short update! :D
In 10 days, it'll be a new year! Start counting! :)

Grammar and spelling mistakes? Nay... You didn't see it.......... right? O.o
Thank you! You will be bless! ;)