Her Refusal - Ahjuma's Plan

My Name Is L.joe And I Am Her Butler

Hyemi stared at her father, eyes wide. Did she heard him right? Did he just say…. Lee Byunghun?

Suddenly, her favourite steak didn’t taste so delicious anymore. She didn’t feel like eating but to just made a sprint for her room. Though, a bigger part of her did felt this big urged to flip the table upside down and created a whole havoc in the dining room. But of course, she tried to be rational. Her father might be joking or kidding or… whatever! He couldn’t be serious! Right?

So, she held it in. Instead of destroying the whole room, she vented out her frustration on her food, poking it resentfully like it just stole her beloved cookies.

Worrying about how his daughter just went silent all of a sudden, Mr. Seo called out to her. "Hyemi…." His voice came out as a whisper. To be honest, he did felt a little scared of what her daughter might do when she heard about this. He had his finger crossed. Let’s just hope that she wouldn't burn down the house.

He waited for a moment to see her respond. Five minutes passed, but Hyemi remained motionless.  The suspense was killing him softly inside. He would be glad if she would just blinked her eyes but she didn’t even move a muscle!

His worries grew bigger and bigger by the minutes. "Hyemi-ah…." He tried again.

Hyemi closed her eyes and took a sharp intake of breath to calm herself down. She raised her hand as a signal for him to stop calling her. After a while, she lifted her head and gave her father an annoyed look. "Appa. Please. It was already ridiculous that you want me to get marry. But now, it becomes even more ridiculous and insane that you want me to marry him. No. Not him. Not that liar." Her voice was shaky, obviously showing that she was slowly losing her patience.

But, she tried her best to control her temper. She tried her best not to show the dissatisfaction that was slowly drawn on her face. She loved her father and she didn’t want to yell at him.

"But… You haven’t even see him yet. At least, meet him first. Let him explain. He loves you before and he still does. We all know that the feeling is mutual. You love him too. I just knew." Mr. Seo still didn’t want to close the case. He kept on trying and insisting.

"It’s all in the past. I don’t want to think about it. I don’t want to see him and I don’t even want to hear his voice. Period." She declared. Her voice was firm, clearly showing that she was not going to give it up as well. But, there was this tiny, little thing about her father that our princess forgot.

Her father… was just as stubborn as well.

"Yes. The past is the past. But this is the present that we are talking about. I don’t know about the future, but you’re going to see him, right?"

*Is that even an option?* "Capital N for NO! No way! Not now! Not even in a million years!" She yelled, finally losing her patience.

Mr. Seo frowned. *Aishhh… How stubborn! Let’s see how much longer you’re going to keep refusing.* He stopped trying for a moment. He ignored her protests, picked up his knife and began to cut his steak again.

*Eh? Done already? Heh.* Hyemi smirked. She did a victory dance in her mind, thinking that she already won the battle, when Mr. Seo just suddenly…

"Then, I’m going to confiscate your credit cards."

Hyemi almost choked on her food when she heard Mr. Seo’s declaration. "What!? Why!? That’s not fair at all! You can’t do this to me!" She stomped her foot on the ground as a sign of her protest.

"Go and see him first. Then you can keep your cards." He said calmly without looking at her.

*Tsk!* "I’ll run away from home!" Hyemi hmph-ed, crossed her arms over her chest and look away.

"Okay. But, you’re not allow to bring any of your clothes out of the house. Ouh, and... I'll be taking your cars too."

Her jaw dropped. *Yes!? Is he trying to chase me away or what?!* Hyemi narrowed her eyes at him. Her grip on her fork tighten. Her hands was shaking badly with anger. And that was when, ladies and gentleman, the moment we knew that the volcano was going to explode.

That was when she lost it.

"Fine then! Cards, cars or whatever! Just take it! Just take everything away! I don’t care!" She slammed her fork and knife on the table and sulkingly ran away from the dining room.

Mr. Seo slammed a hand over his face. He was so sure that Hyemi was going to agree with the idea because Hyemi couldn’t survive a day without her credit cards.

He heaved a sigh. "How should I convince this stubborn girl?" He asked no one in particular. He knew it. He just knew. Her daughter still loves Byunghun. And he was fully aware about Byunghun’s feeling as well. He could see the love in the young man’s eyes whenever Hyemi was mentioned.

Whenever he talked about her, his eyes shine.


--------


Mr. Seo was still in the dinning room, deep in thought. He was desperately trying to think of a way to get her daughter and Byunghun together. Just then, Madam Jung came in. She took a seat across him.

"Judging from the way she’s locking herself in the room, and you, with a frown on your face, I assume that things didn’t went that well, isn’t it?" Madam Jung guessed.

Mr. Seo nodded his head. He then heaved another sigh. "I don’t even know what to do anymore, noonim. She’s just so stubborn. She resembles her mother more and more nowadays, don't you think?" Mr. Seo chuckled a little at the memories of his late wife.

Madam Jung laughed softly. "Yeah. Da hae was like that too, wasn’t she? I still remember how she threw a tantrum when her father told her to get married. She even told him that she was going to run away from home. Funny, isn’t it? She hated you a lot back then."

Mr. Seo let out a laugh. The memories were still fresh in his mind. How his wife would gave him the silent treatment whenever she was being stubborn. How her wife would pouted whenever he had to leave on a business trip. "I guess she did, huh?" Mr. Seo chuckled.

"Yeah. But I doubt she had any regret marrying you. After all, she was ‘the happiest person alive’, right?" Madam Jung smiled, remembering Da hae’s last words to her.

"Ah… Time sure passes by. I can’t believe that it’s been more than 10 years now that she’s gone. If only she was here. Maybe Hyemi will be much more happier now. She might even be able to convice Hyemi to marry Byunghun. Well… who knows…" Mr. Seo smiled bitterly, remembering how he was always away from home because of his works.

His one and only daughter grew up without the loves of a mother and he was rarely there for her too. Guilty and regrets. That’s the only things holding him back.

"Aiishhh… This man. Everybody knows why you worked so hard. It was all for Hyemi’s sake, isn’t it? Stop blaming yourself. It’s not like your daughter becomes a corrupted child. She’s still the same, sweet little girl we once knew. Stop regretting. Instead, use the time well to make up for the time you were not able to stay with her."

"I am doing that, noonim. But I can’t do it alone. The wound left by Byunghun can only be heal by him. Now that he’s back, he will be able to help. But, Hyemi…."

"I understand. That child too, has a lot to tell, right? I’m going to help him and Hyemi get together. Well, genious me. I have just the perfect idea for that." Madam Jung beamed brightly at the thought of her brilliant idea. Mr. Seo gave her a bewildered look.

"…. And that is….?"

"To make her falls for him again."


--------


annyeongitssteph : Uwaaaa~ Thank you! ;A; I'm glad that you like it :) I'll do my best, yeah? *Hwaiting!*

twins_fans : Thank you! xD I love you! :P *Hwaiting!*



A/N : Dear darlings. For the grammar and spelling mistakes, let's just say that you didn't notice any, yeah? Teehee :P Here a short update! :D Thank you! You will be bless! ;)